• 185 results
#1 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

So, what do i do with it? I know im gonna put about 7-10k on savings but....the rest? Hmm.

and yes, i didn't know my great grand aunt that well. It was like lightning from a blue sky :)

#2 Posted by Crono11 (1635 posts) -

Just keep it until you need it or see something you want to buy.  

Just because you have this money doesn't mean you should blow it on something. Or you could give some to me...

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

$23 isn't a lot. I'd suggest splurging it all at GameStop on two or three games.

#4 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

$23 isn't a lot. I'd suggest splurging it all at GameStop on two or three games.

I know. 23$ is not much. But when you add a few zero's? Oh my;)

#5 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@crono11 said:

Just keep it until you need it or see something you want to buy. Just because you have this money doesn't mean you should blow it on something. Or you could give some to me...

Yes. I plan to do that. But i want to treat myself to something, though.... i feel kinda bad spending money someone else spent worked along time for. But cheers for teh responde:)

#6 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Go to a spa. Get waxed. The works.

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

I'd recommend saving it or giving 15 000 to me so I can pay off the rest of my car.

#8 Posted by N7 (3572 posts) -

You know, we've been friends for quite a long time. Through the good, through the bad.

It seems like only yesterday I met you, in the dark and hallow winter of a time long, long ago. Things have changed since that disparity. Things are looking up, and for the better.

It's times like these that I feel that you can appreciate the golden friendship we've shared for almost a decade. A friendship valued at, I'd estimate, one or two thousand dollars.

#9 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

23k?  yah pay off your bills, invest the rest.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
haha hilarious
#11 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@N7 said:

You know, we've been friends for quite a long time. Through the good, through the bad.

It seems like only yesterday I met you, in the dark and hallow winter of a time long, long ago. Things have changed since that disparity. Things are looking up, and for the better.

It's times like these that I feel that you can appreciate the golden friendship we've shared for almost a decade. A friendship valued at, I'd estimate, one or two thousand dollars.

Trust me. As you have a "viking" avatar,... <3 them:)

But thanks for a wonderful reply. loved it :)

#12 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

High class hooker.

#13 Posted by Crono11 (1635 posts) -

Buy a nice 3D TV then, you know that technology is worthwhile. Or how about a 3DS and Ocarina of Time?  

Jewelry?  A sound system? An Ipad? 

#14 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Marz said:

23k? yah pay off your bills, invest the rest.

Yes. Bills and card for about 5-6k, so i will get those done :)

#15 Posted by N7 (3572 posts) -

@Vortexus1981: I do my best. But joking aside, good luck and congrats at the awesome influx of money! Even if it did come at the cost of a life :(

#16 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Napalm said:

High class hooker.

Though i am bi, i can't see myself spending that much on a hooker. But maybe i slip you some to buy for yourself

? :)

#17 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

How nice is your computer?

#18 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@crono11 said:

Buy a nice 3D TV then, you know that technology is worthwhile. Or how about a 3DS and Ocarina of Time? Jewelry? A sound system? An Ipad?

Yeah. But then again, hubby bought a sony 3d tv before xmas :S But maybe i'll finaly get on the nintendo wagon, and get myself a 3ds. Belive it or not, but i'v never played ocarina of time :S

#19 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@N7 said:

@Vortexus1981: I do my best. But joking aside, good luck and congrats at the awesome influx of money! Even if it did come at the cost of a life :(

Yeah. It's kinda sad. I really never knew the her. so it's kinda strange spending "her" money. But alli can do, is to save up and spend it for something that matter to me and my family. But yes!^^ I will have a little treat aswell :)

#20 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

Get a sex change.

#21 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

fun loving as always <3 ;)

#22 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.
#23 Posted by forestofdeath (252 posts) -

Pay for my college tuition? :(

#24 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

Trust me. after all your questions on pm? not worth it^^

#25 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@forestofdeath said:

Pay for my college tuition? :(

Ahhh. sorry hun. Family myself:( Wish you luck though:)

#26 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

No idea as I'm not you and I don't know what you prioritize in your life over other stuff. If it was me I would use it to go back to school and get some degree so that I could get a good job and make more money. I would be tempted to pay off the student loan I have, but it wouldn't be enough and then I would still just be stuck in the same place I am now, but without the student loan.

I would also take  $3-$5k of it and invest it in some stocks. A few years from now that could easily turn into another $20k-$25k if you pick the right ones.

#27 Edited by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

You're not very good at answering questions. Perhaps buy yourself a new brain with the money.
#28 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

Keep it for a downpayment on a house!

#29 Edited by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

1. go to japan

2.have a wild time in japan

3. return home

4. do responsible, smart things with the rest like invest, etc.

#30 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Make it grow because if you're at a point in your life where 23000 is a lot of money then you're gonna regret it when you're at a point when it isn't.

#31 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

You're not very good at answering questions. Perhaps buy yourself a new brain with the money.

Sorry, but i don't answear yes/no questions, and never answear when you are attention hungry. Pll know that now. sorry

#32 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@thehexeditor said:

1. go to japan

2.have a wild time in japan

3. return home

4. do responsible, smart things with the rest like invest, etc.

Yes:D god yes <3 We'v been talking about going to japan for a year. But we could never afford it. Maybe we have a chanse now. Thank you for the reply :)

#33 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

Sorry, but i don't answear yes/no questions, and never answear when you are attention hungry. Pll know that now. sorry

Says girl who started a thread on a gaming website about inheriting money and can't spell answer.
#34 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

No idea as I'm not you and I don't know what you prioritize in your life over other stuff. If it was me I would use it to go back to school and get some degree so that I could get a good job and make more money. I would be tempted to pay off the student loan I have, but it wouldn't be enough and then I would still just be stuck in the same place I am now, but without the student loan. I would also take $3-$5k of it and invest it in some stocks. A few years from now that could easily turn into another $20k-$25k if you pick the right ones.

Made me think. Im done with scholle as in (you have to) but maybe i should step it up a lvl aswell? thank you for teh reply and thought i can't shake right away.

#35 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

Says girl who started a thread on a gaming website about inheriting money and can't spell answer.

Nope, as english is my third language. so spelling mistakes are in my "nature"^^ Now, let me see your third language and we will have lively discussion^^

#36 Posted by supaman900s (185 posts) -
@Napalm said:
High class hooker.
#37 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

My third language is kicking your ass.

Haha, and i won. Kids... what can you do?^^

On topic.

@LunarAura

well said! If i could i would give you a hug! Love what you said. so true :)

#38 Posted by rmanthorp (3855 posts) -

@Napalm said:

High class hooker.
Moderator Online
#39 Posted by rmanthorp (3855 posts) -

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

OH SNAP!!!!

Moderator Online
#40 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

My third language is kicking your ass.

Haha, and i won. Kids... what can you do?^^

Anything I can do to help boost your low self esteem ;)
#41 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Hehe, if you say so :D

#42 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Unless you need to spend them on something dire, invest in funds and capital to let them grow.

Keep a small portion to treat yourself to nice things, but most of it should be saved for that rainy day.

#43 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Rufi91 said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@ConstantRa1n said:

Get a sex change.

Don't wink at me.

OH SNAP!!!!

They were relevant questions. Nothing crude or perverted. She doesn't know how to respond unless it's abuse.
#44 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

To be fair(i know) He is right. Nothing wrong with what he asked. Just got lost in the pm's.

#45 Posted by rmanthorp (3855 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n: @Vortexus1981: Ya'll don't have to justify your creepy internet sexual pm talk to me, I don't judge!

Moderator Online
#46 Posted by buzz_clik (6892 posts) -

VEGAS.

#47 Posted by powerpc127 (99 posts) -

About three years ago I inherited ~18k. I invested 12k and slowly started chipping away at the rest. Between my spending and the return on my investments I still have about 16k. I do have some expensive things I want to do in the future (grad school), but I would say that's the way to go. Don't spend it all in one place. Unless you have to.

Then again, I'm a bit of a packrat, especially when it comes to money. If I had a salary somewhere around that of a movie star, I still think I would still choose to live in a shitty apartment just in case I need something that costs 4 million dollars later.

#48 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Rufi91 said:

@ConstantRa1n: @Vortexus1981: Ya'll don't have to justify your creepy internet sexual pm talk to me, I don't judge!

You're probably 9 years old. Go to bed.
#49 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Haha! send you a internet kiss for that :x

god.... i love the gb community :)

#50 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

If you need a car get one. If not go to Japan and invest the rest. Oh and buy Catherine, that game is going to be sweet :P