• 156 results
#101 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

I enjoyed this probably way more than I should have.

#102 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

Poor showing today.

#103 Posted by Sbaitso (562 posts) -

I was really enjoying this thread, until silly people started complaining over a little fun. Oh well, peace! Also, that video......it moved me. And also touched me, which is weird cause now I have these spots on my junk.

#104 Posted by Demoskinos (15132 posts) -
@Sweep I get that. And the video is cool and Claude is a goddamn sweetheart. But I've seen plenty of other "funning around" threads get locked because they dont promote discussion. Anyways, carry on Ive said my piece.
#105 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -
@Sweep said:

@crusader8463 said:

@Sweep said:

Stickied.

Why?

Because reasons.

@Demoskinos said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
Wow thats actually Claude?

@Demoskinos said:
@N7
@Demoskinos said:
@Sweep

Stickied.

Not to rain on everyone's parade but...how is this not YouTube spam?
Because Biff is the Giant Bomb God. And don't you forget it.
Could fucking care less who he is. When rules aren't uniformly enforced its absolute bullshit. Nobody should be exempt from the rules.
Just shut up
No, I'm a paying customer and I think this is bullshit that some people are getting passes on the rules. Especially when I've seen people post videos that they've made on YouTube of their bands etc... only to get them locked yet this one is okay? I'm all for dumb fun but when rules are being bent that is not healthy for the community in any way. So no I'm not going to shut up.

Chill out duder, we're just fucking around. It's not going to be permanently stuck to the top of the forums.

It's less of an issue to how it might be sticked, but more so how hypocritical you've seemed to be in this entire situation. Regardless of who it is, or what the content is, you can't let one thing slide because "Oh it's this prolific member, apparently". It might be hard, but you have to treat people as equals, even if it means upsetting your friends.
#106 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

@Fallen189 said:

@Sweep said:

@crusader8463 said:

@Sweep said:

Stickied.

Why?

Because reasons.

@Demoskinos said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
Wow thats actually Claude?

@Demoskinos said:
@N7
@Demoskinos said:
@Sweep

Stickied.

Not to rain on everyone's parade but...how is this not YouTube spam?
Because Biff is the Giant Bomb God. And don't you forget it.
Could fucking care less who he is. When rules aren't uniformly enforced its absolute bullshit. Nobody should be exempt from the rules.
Just shut up
No, I'm a paying customer and I think this is bullshit that some people are getting passes on the rules. Especially when I've seen people post videos that they've made on YouTube of their bands etc... only to get them locked yet this one is okay? I'm all for dumb fun but when rules are being bent that is not healthy for the community in any way. So no I'm not going to shut up.

Chill out duder, we're just fucking around. It's not going to be permanently stuck to the top of the forums.

It's less of an issue to how it might be sticked, but more so how hypocritical you've seemed to be in this entire situation. Regardless of who it is, or what the content is, you can't let one thing slide because "Oh it's this prolific member, apparently". It might be hard, but you have to treat people as equals, even if it means upsetting your friends.

Actually, it wasn't hard at all. I just clicked the button. Boom. Nailed it.

If you can't figure out that this is a joke, or are genuinely upset by this, then you're on the wrong website. Lighten up.

#107 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -
@Sweep said:

Actually, it wasn't hard at all. I just clicked the button. Boom. Nailed it.

If you can't figure out that this is a joke, or are genuinely upset by this, then you're on the wrong website. Lighten up.

Outstanding
#108 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Good, all the negative Nancys took an "L" today.  Now, back to the fun!

#109 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

@Sweep said:

If you can't figure out that this is a joke.. then you're on the wrong website

Don't be a dick about it.

#110 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

that was incredible. thank you.

#111 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

@George_Hukas: There's always someone whining because they disagree with mod decisions. Some people do so on principle.

If it was a member of staff then nobody would care, because this is exactly the sort of goofy shit that's expected here. In fact, I'm pretty sure if it was anyone but me then nobody would have cared.

Hater's gon' hate.

#112 Posted by Subjugation (4740 posts) -

So that was weird. Doesn't need a sticky. No offense to Biff, but I didn't really find it amusing. Hey, no one can score gold every time.

#113 Posted by Oni (2110 posts) -

Guys, if you don't know who Biff is, well, in the words of Jay Z "I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SON, I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT BIFF MCBLUMPKIN AINT ONE"

I think that's how it goes

#114 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

@Oni said:

Guys, if you don't know who Biff is, well, in the words of Jay Z "I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SON, I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT BIFF MCBLUMPKIN AINT ONE"

I think that's how it goes

That's it, you nailed it.

#115 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

I'm interested in whatever BiffMcBlumpkin is involved in.

#116 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@George_Hukas: There's always someone whining because they disagree with mod decisions. Some people do so on principle.

If it was a member of staff then nobody would care, because this is exactly the sort of goofy shit that's expected here. In fact, I'm pretty sure if it was anyone but me then nobody would have cared.

Hater's gon' hate.

Sorry Sweep, but you are not that important that people are mad because you did something. They are mad because a person who was given power in this community is now abusing that power for one individual in the community because they are friends with them or because they broke the rules in a way that you found amusing so they get a free pass.

If you can't see why that is wrong, then god dam...

#117 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -

Joke threads are stickied all the time. I'm sure you remember Matty's drunk blog post that was stickied for a few days.

#118 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Joke threads are stickied all the time. I'm sure you remember Matty's drunk blog post that was stickied for a few days.

well, not all the time but this isn't anything new

#119 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

@ajamafalous said:

well, not all the time but this isn't anything new

Eh, guess you're right. Happens enough when it's from a prolific user that there's precedent for it, though.
#120 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

they broke the rules in a way that you found amusing so they get a free pass.

Yeah! Being a mod is awesome.

I might start locking random threads just to troll the community :D

#121 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

So that was weird. Doesn't need a sticky. No offense to Biff, but I didn't really find it amusing. Hey, no one can score gold every time.

This is how I feel about this...Thing. I'm not super outraged or anything though.

#122 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Yeah! Being a mod is awesome.

I might start locking random threads just to troll the community :D

A+ would read again.

#123 Posted by Daveyo520 (6993 posts) -

Such an important thread to make a stand on.

#124 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

@Sweep: Stay classy Sweep.

#125 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -

This IS art. Literal expressionism taken to a new level. Juxtaposition of the absurd. Hypnotic, kinetic vibrancy of direction. Emotion broken down into its most base electro impulses. A stunning work which asks of man to taste with his eyes, see with his tongue, feel with his ears. To conceptually destroy the relation which binds man to emotion, to sever man from himself.

I was challenged, Biff. I was challenged.

#126 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

Oh look, controversy!

Personally, I think the YouTube spam rule is dumb as hell. Sweep locked a thread about Kreayshawn's new video a few days ago because it apparently had no dicussion value except the lock came after like 10 pages of discussion, including a few posts from Jeff. I don't have any problem with this being stickied because Biff is awesome but maybe it's time to lighten up on the whole YouTube rule.

#127 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

I don't understand how this wasn't locked. Maybe it's because i'm not a GB OG and don't know or understand how much of a badass Claude or Biff is, but this is obvious Youtube spam. I love the video... it made me extremely uncomfortable, but I don't get the point of having rules if some people get a free pass.

Even though Sweep isn't handling the situation very well, the rest of the mods have left it open too so they are just as guilty as Sweep if not more.

I get that it's for fun, but what I don't get is why this guy's fun is more important than anyone else's fun. I quit my membership last week, so I get that I don't really have a say in anything, but premium users have complained and it's pretty immature to give them the cold shoulder just for questioning this subject. Especially when they are right.

#128 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I love Biff.

#129 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

Forum drama!

#130 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
#131 Posted by Bollard (5836 posts) -

@Sweep: Damn someone should really lock this thread before it gets out of ...

Oh wait a minute, mods got this under controlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :D

#132 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER:

What you fail to realise is that Biff is the foremost modern proponent of absurdist german expressionism. To deny this man a voice, a platform is to deny culture itself. A crime if ever there was one.

#133 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@FourWude said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER:

What you fail to realise is that Biff is the foremost modern proponent of absurdist german expressionism. To deny this man a voice, a platform is to deny culture itself. A crime if ever there was one.

I'm sure he is, he sounds like a great guy and that whole German thing make me fear him, but the rules are there for a reason. As are the mods. It's like checks and balances. There is always a system to help balance everything out and when someone or someones let certain things slide then it defeats the whole purpose of having the system. Might as well just get rid of the mods and let everyone do their own thing.

#134 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

This thread has been unstickied, not because I care about your opinions, but because the focus of this thread should be on the video. I think it's pretty upsetting how indignant some users on this site can get over what was a harmless joke, but whatever. Balance has been restored. You can dry your eyes.

The moral victory is mine.

#135 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

Smells like '08 in here.

#136 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Sweep said:

This thread has been unstickied, not because I care about your opinions, but because the focus of this thread should be on the video. I think it's pretty upsetting how indignant some users on this site can get over what was a harmless joke, but whatever. Balance has been restored. You can dry your eyes.

The moral victory is mine.

The only way to make up for this crime against GB is your head on a pike.

#137 Posted by cyraxible (694 posts) -

Double standards and favoritism from forum moderators. I'm shocked!

GB needs more weird like this.

#138 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Fair enough.

#139 Posted by Daveyo520 (6993 posts) -

@Sweep: Why are you literally worse than Hitler?

#140 Posted by SexyToad (2759 posts) -

You made my day Sweep.

#141 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Oh, you sly bastard.

#142 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@Sweep: Why are you literally worse than Hitler?

He's destroying everything Giant Bomb stands for! And did you hear? He's a Muslim from the planet Kenya!

#143 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Bravo, sir.

#144 Posted by Sbaitso (562 posts) -

@Sweep said:

I cried. R.I.P

#145 Posted by PillClinton (3295 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Oh look, controversy!

Personally, I think the YouTube spam rule is dumb as hell. Sweep locked a thread about Kreayshawn's new video a few days ago because it apparently had no dicussion value except the lock came after like 10 pages of discussion, including a few posts from Jeff. I don't have any problem with this being stickied because Biff is awesome but maybe it's time to lighten up on the whole YouTube rule.

This.

#146 Edited by Aegon (5821 posts) -

Free gum?

Is it kosher?

#147 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Biff had a thread locked a long time ago that was just people posting photos of old games with dicks painted onto them and as soon as a few sites started linking to it they unlocked it again.

#148 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

That was disturbing but funny.

#149 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@Fallen189 said:

@Sweep said:

Stickied.

Do you not think you're being bias, seeing as this is youtube spam?

I am definitely being bias. Complain to your local MP.

It's still YouTube spam, and you are now setting a precedent that it's okay. Between this and some of your recent thread locks, even I keep scratching my head at some of the decisions.

#150 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

I feel this is appropriate right now.