• 158 results
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#101  Edited By Xeiphyer

I can't think of any way it could be conceived as racist.

Maybe political or something, but in no way does using the words China Don't Care have anything to do about a race positively or negatively. If it said "Chinese people don't care", you could make a slightly stronger case.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By NegativeCero

Which is why I didn't buy either one. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it and there's no point in getting a shirt I don't plan to wear.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DopeToast

@PillClinton said:

@RollingZeppelin said:

Maybe this is an American thing, cause where I'm from people are generally nice and don't judge others based on their clothing. I was talking about this with a friend the other day and we both noticed how laid back people are around here. I'm glad I live here and not where the other people in this thread are from, I couldn't stand being around such whiny neighbors.

I live in California, arguably the most laid back state in the union, and even as a straight white dude, I find that shirt to be at least moderately offensive, if not simply in extremely bad taste. Imagine for a moment a shirt that said in big bold font, "Israel Don't Care." I imagine if GB made that shirt, it certainly wouldn't receive such universal praise.

But that's exactly the point. They didn't make that shirt that says "Israel Don't Care," or "Iraq Don't Care," or "Afghanistan Don't Care," or anything like that. They made a shirt that can hardly be considered anything other than dumb and confusing and poorly written to the uninformed onlooker, which is exactly the point of the shirt.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#104  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I don't think it's racist so much as it is nation-ist. I mean, it's more of a statement about China's government than the Chinese people.

And it's not really even saying anything negative. Isn't the point of it that China is so big/powerful that it doesn't give a crap about what other countries do? How is that negative or offensive?

Also, come on. Who takes anything written on a pink shirt seriously?

Edit: Also, I feel like I should add that I have indeed seen people in public wearing t-shirts with the f-bomb on them, so there are places where you can get away with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Chinamen don't care"

Now THAT I would buy as racist

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#106  Edited By Phatmac

I DON'T CARE.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#107  Edited By jeff

I SAID GO BACK TO BED, CHINA

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm going to frame it rather than wear it.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By stinky

if you are buying a shirt with an inside joke on it, you probably aren't smart enough to care whether or not it will come off as racist.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Hunkulese
@Aegon You realize you can use the word China without being racist right?
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#111  Edited By Snail

Wait, people are considering wearing these in public? As I considered buying the "Fuck Ryan Davis" one I realized I would only wear it at home, or if I ever went to a PAX event. Not in public. What's wrong with you people?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#112  Edited By StarvingGamer

I'm Chinese, no problems here.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#113  Edited By brownsfantb

I wouldn't be able to wear it in public for sure. I'm a business student at Kent State and like 20% of the students are Chinese. Like from China. I don't know how they'd feel about some short white kid wearing a bright pink shirt proclaiming, "CHINA DON'T CARE."

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Hunter5024 said:

The Fuck Ryan Davis shirt, has always been and will always be the correct choice.

Nasharoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Nasharoo

@Jeff said:

OP, Jeff is now racist. What ya gunna do?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Enigma777

Like being a racist has stopped me before!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By napalm

@Hailinel said:

The shirt is stupid an tacky. The only way it's actually offensive is that it's ugly as sin, which is in itself a reason to not wear it in public.

I was... yeah.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By mrpandaman

@Jeff said:

CHINA DON'T CARE JEFF

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#119  Edited By Brendan

I can see how in a public setting, the "China don't care" shirt would not be looked upon kindly, even though it wouldn't cause open offense.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Spoonman671

I don't really give a fuck if I offend China.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By PeasantAbuse

People can't see it if you're wearing it under your Klan robes.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Azteck

I wouldn't wear either. Both look tacky as shit.

theharleyquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By theharleyquin

I really wish i bought both and made new shirts out of them. Cut them down the middle and sewed both together

No Caption Provided
Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Flawed_System

@wjb said:

I would've humored the idea of buying one if it wasn't pink. I know that's half of the joke, but I don't do pink. Ever.

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#125  Edited By nerdsbeware

@Snail said:

Wait, people are considering wearing these in public? As I considered buying the "Fuck Ryan Davis" one I realized I would only wear it at home, or if I ever went to a PAX event. Not in public. What's wrong with you people?

Yea, I bought one with the full intention of wearing it around the house or when I'm with a group of friends or something who could care less and will probably just make fun of me for wearing a pink shirt regardless of what it says. I bought a Mustard Hot Dog Patrick shirt as well which I would gladly wear in public.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DisposableUser

@theharleyquin: I would wear a FUNA RYN'T DARE shirt.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#127  Edited By evanbower

@TruthTellah said:

@Aegon said:

What will they think is the reasoning behind this message that you're trying to propel?

That you may feel the country of China does not care about something and/or many things which may or may not be important to you?

Yeah! That's a conversation I want to have with a stranger.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By LikeaSsur

"China Don't Care" =/= "Chinese Don't Care"

We're not being racist, we're being anti-China. Huge difference.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#129  Edited By NekuSakuraba

China don't care and neither should you!

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By tsiro

@DrX25: watch your tongue, you might accidentally summon cthulu with that language.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By shaunk

@wjb said:

I would've humored the idea of buying one if it wasn't pink. I know that's half of the joke, but I don't do pink. Ever.

I have never and will never understand this as a reason for not wearing a shirt. I have never known a chick who saw a dude wearing a pink shirt and thought there was something wrong with him.

Also no logical being could see it as racist. If they do just tell them it is an inside joke.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Insectecutor

@LikeaSsur said:

"China Don't Care" =/= "Chinese Don't Care"

We're not being racist, we're being anti-China. Huge difference.

I don't think you're being anti-china at all. "China Don't Care" implies China can do as it pleases and will brush off any attempt to stand in its way. And in that regard the shirt is probably accurate.

Afrosam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Afrosam

I get weird looks when i wear my giant bomb t-shirt. I just have to tell them that its a shirt to support one of my favorite websites and then reassure them that its not a website about bombs.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By wjb

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@wjb said:

I have never and will never understand this as a reason for not wearing a shirt. I have never known a chick who saw a dude wearing a pink shirt and thought there was something wrong with him.

Also no logical being could see it as racist. If they do just tell them it is an inside joke.

You don't understand people having preferences for colors, or standards for what they wear? It's not an issue of emotional insecurity, if that's what you mean. I wouldn't buy the shirt because it was a forced meme that was funny for three days. I simply don't have money to waste, not because chicks might think I'm lame. Agree to disagree?

Also, not that it matters, but for consideration, there are a ton of people who think douchebags ruined pink clothing (or pastels) for men. I agree to some extent, but that wouldn't be the reason for me not wearing them.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#136  Edited By buzz_killington

Whatever man, people wear Lynyrd Skynyrd shirts.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#137  Edited By Fallen189

You think people who look at you in the street remember you for more than the half a second they barely glance over you, then get on with trying to distract themselves from their own mortality? Conceited much

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By shaunk

@wjb said:

@wjb said:

You don't understand people having preferences for colors, or standards for what they wear? It's not an issue of emotional insecurity, if that's what you mean. I wouldn't buy the shirt because it was a forced meme that was funny for three days. I simply don't have money to waste, not because chicks might think I'm lame. Agree to disagree?

Also, not that it matters, but for consideration, there are a ton of people who think douchebags ruined pink clothing (or pastels) for men. I agree to some extent, but that wouldn't be the reason for me not wearing them.

I don't care about your opinion of the shirt. It's the fact that you said "I don't do pink"

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Superkenon

This thread just makes me wish I had mine yet!

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By dungbootle

Well, you know what?! China Don't Care!

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By wjb

@wjb said:

@wjb said:

I don't care about your opinion of the shirt. It's the fact that you said "I don't do pink"

..and I said people have preferences for certain colors. It's not that abstract of a concept, I don't think.

I'm sorry I don't like all colors? I don't know what to tell you.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#142  Edited By landon

Anyone who would find the words China Don't Care racist is a crazy person.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#143  Edited By cornbredx

Why is the fact that China doesn't care racist? I don't see how that is racist. 

Weird, yes. Racist, no.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to buy a wardrobe of shirts that each just have a different country name. This is because I'm racist?

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By aleryn

AEGON, CHINA DON'T CARE BOUT YOUR BELLY-ACHING!

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#146  Edited By TheWesman

@Aegon said:

shirt without seeming racist. People who were buying or wanted to buy the Fuck Ryan Davis shirt were complaining that they wouldn't be able to wear it in public, but what's gonna happen when someone sees "CHINA DON'T CARE" spelled in huge letters on your shirt? What will they think is the reasoning behind this message that you're trying to propel?

If you're hoping that it'll be a conversation starter, then I'm not sure it'll be very useful outside of recognition from other bombers/duders. Unless you think the girl asking you why China doesn't care will find the video game site you visit an interesting topic.

China isn't a race. Is America a race? Why am I even posting this? Like China, I don't even care.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Holy shit OP, stop worrying about being racist (that goes for everyone else too), you aren't. If you are worried that you might be racist, or do something racist, then you aren't.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#148  Edited By Hizang

If you follow Ryan on twitter, he has been retweeting people who upload there pictures of them wearing the shirt, a few have been in public.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By vikingdeath1

Got my shirts yesterday and immediately wore the CDC shirt to my management group. There is Always a time for China Don't Care.

Avatar image for thevideohustler
TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheVideoHustler

The hostility among Giant Bomb users is astounding...

And also really funny.