I just Sanford Kelly'd my arcade stick

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So.... This is complicated. I'm usually a cool and calm guy, but this time was different. I feel like I need to write a little blog post for this freak-out, like a journal, or a blog (Duh). Here's the jist:

My dog passed recently and I've been... okay about it. Which I think is the problem. I've really not gotten too broken up about it. Trust me, if wasn't a happy occasion! I just didn't really grieve. (All of this amounts to something!)

30 minutes ago, I'm playing Street Fighter 4 online. It's going poorly. I'm wining a few matches but I'm losing a lot over dumb shit I should have been prepared for. I get into one match and boy, is this shit laggy! I mean, constant hitching! It ends with him mashing ultra during a lagspike and I walk away from the game for a bit, and come back to a friend request, I idiotically accept it and a message pops up full of insults about my internet and my skill, all spiced up with plenty of vile words not allowed on these fine forums. I dunno. I just unplugged the arcade stick. Walked onto my porch and threw it on the concrete...

The moment that thing hit the ground was the best I've felt since my dog passed. It was fucking therapeutic. Yeah... I had to let my emotions out by destroying a Qanba Fusion. (200 dollars). Anyway... Yeah. I have to go pick up the arcade stick pieces out of my lawn... I wonder if Sanford felt the same relief?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well done sir.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sorry but this needs to be posted:

Loading Video...

Seriously though that sucks man. It may be kind of self destructive but sometimes just smashing something is an excellent form of release. Hopefully it is just the stick and buttons damaged which can be easily replaced.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella said:

Hopefully it is just the stick and buttons damaged which can be easily replaced.

Haha! No man. It's been obliterated. I salvaged two buttons.

I have another arcade stick and I'm picking up the white Ken TE2 when that comes out so it's fine... The loss of the money is a bummer, but I'll live.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Sorry for your loss. Salvage the pieces and see what parts are replaceable and what aren't. I recently got pissed off at the fatigue meter on nba 2k15 for pc that I slammed my 360 controller onto the floor breaking the USB charger for it. Felt pretty good but that only cost me 10 bucks.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: Oh...well I bet it looked awesome exploding in pieces then.

That Ken TE2 looks gorgeous too. I picked up the P4A TE2 and I love it so far. My only complaint is it seems that the top doesn't latch on totally all the time but it is heavy enough that it doesn't seem to be an issue.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for your loss.

I assume you mean the dog. Yeah, thank you. I feel worse for my other dog. I feel like I need to get him another friend soon. It seemed to hit him harder than me. I made my peace with the old mut a while before he passed.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ry_Ry

That's a bit expensive for my blood, but hopefully you'll beat him/her next time.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_stay_puft said:

Sorry for your loss.

I assume you mean the dog. Yeah, thank you. I feel worse for my other dog. I feel like I need to get him another friend soon. It seemed to hit him harder than me. I made my peace with the old mut a while before he passed.

Awww, now I'm truly bummed out picturing your lonely dog! Hope you're all happy with a new addition soon.