I love Street Fighter.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By HairyMike87

Today, I started playing SSFIITHDR and wound up getting my ass handed to me several times online. I don't know what it is exactly, but I really lost my touch in Street Fighter II. I've been playing this game ever since I could remember and now, my skills are almost equivilant to that of a potato. It makes me really question myself as to whether I should even pick up Street Fighter IV once it releases in a month.

There are several ways I could go about this situation.
  1. Suck it up, keep playing until I can at least be equal to some of the people on Xbox Live using the 360 controller...
  2. Invest in an arcade stick and get better the way Street Fighter is meant to be played. I was looking on amazon and found THIS one and was wondering if that was the stick everyone was going crazy over.
  3. Fart.
  4. Buy The Maw.
  5. Train with friends who have those games on Xbox Live to prepare for an onslaught.
  6. Come to terms with reality and quit playing to save the aggrivation and money.
As you can see, I have some serious thinking to do about my days with Street Fighter. Also, has anyone bought The Maw? It looks like a fun game, but looks like I would only play it once and then not go back to it after I beat it. That is a huge problem with games today. Most games have you play through it and then there really is no reason to go back to it, like... Okay I'm drawing a blank here but you know what I'm saying right? 

Have there been any games that you played through and wound up feeling that there was no reason to play through it a second time?
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HairyMike87

Today, I started playing SSFIITHDR and wound up getting my ass handed to me several times online. I don't know what it is exactly, but I really lost my touch in Street Fighter II. I've been playing this game ever since I could remember and now, my skills are almost equivilant to that of a potato. It makes me really question myself as to whether I should even pick up Street Fighter IV once it releases in a month.

There are several ways I could go about this situation.
  1. Suck it up, keep playing until I can at least be equal to some of the people on Xbox Live using the 360 controller...
  2. Invest in an arcade stick and get better the way Street Fighter is meant to be played. I was looking on amazon and found THIS one and was wondering if that was the stick everyone was going crazy over.
  3. Fart.
  4. Buy The Maw.
  5. Train with friends who have those games on Xbox Live to prepare for an onslaught.
  6. Come to terms with reality and quit playing to save the aggrivation and money.
As you can see, I have some serious thinking to do about my days with Street Fighter. Also, has anyone bought The Maw? It looks like a fun game, but looks like I would only play it once and then not go back to it after I beat it. That is a huge problem with games today. Most games have you play through it and then there really is no reason to go back to it, like... Okay I'm drawing a blank here but you know what I'm saying right? 

Have there been any games that you played through and wound up feeling that there was no reason to play through it a second time?
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RetroIce4
HartKnight said:
"You're very close. The more expensive tournament edition stick is what some are crazy about.

CRAZY!!!
CRAZY!!!
"
So that is what God looks like!
Usagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Usagi

Using any stock controller will not allow you to become very good because they simply aren't made for those games.  It is equivalent to using a spoon to cut a steak.  Sure, you eventually will succeed somewhat, but it isn't the right tool for the job.

Fighting games are all about practice and playing other players, if that sounds like what you want to do, by all means go for it, but otherwise I'd choose #3.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HairyMike87

Wow! That one looks way too big. That's what she said...

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DBoy

I'm actually reviewing The Maw for EndSights.  It's a pretty good game.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

i'd say go with option 3

mars188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By mars188

Clam  down   This  is  not  the  Superbowl

Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Shinryu

I'd say you should buy The Maw. It looks pretty damn good.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Xandurson

Option #3 for sure. lol

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

If you're really into Street Fighter, just keep on playing. I have about 150 losses and 20 wins, and I just keep on getting better as I play, and discovering talents with different characters.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

I need to play some SF myself. I suck at it, honestly, but I want to get SFIV so I am going to hone my skills. Should be an interesting ride.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By granderojo

I had that for the first 2 weeks of SF2HD.

I think they made DJ much better in HD and toned down Ryu, which is good.

I am picking up the 6 button controller, it's only 40 bucks and is all I need.

No Caption Provided
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By serbsta

Me too. Im pretty decent sometimes, i wish we could get the arcade systems over here in OZ. :(

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14  Edited By JamesF

I decided on 1, thought about 2, and finished on 6.