• 54 results
Posted by CaptMagic123 (25 posts) -

As the hours tick by to the day I turn 20, I'm slowly realizing that I'm getting older, and everything is getting newer and newer and as I think back on all of the games that I played as a kid are now can be considered, or most of them can be considered as "Classic" I.E. Any Mario game I.E I.E Super smash bros melee.

#1 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

Welcome to adulthood. All the stuff you like is old.

#2 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Neither getting older nor your childhood entertainment becoming classic means you're getting old. As a 23 year old who still feels like a teenager who's got tons to learn and discover and is surprised by meeting yet more different and varying types of people, you're still a kid, bro.

Happy birthday, stop thinking about your age and start doing things that when you really get old you'll remember. Or at least eat healthy and work out so when you turn 40 you'll have the body and stamina of a 20 year old, instead of being overweight, or coughing or pissing blood etc. :D

#3 Posted by WasabiCurry (419 posts) -

@officegamer: Being 23 myself, I really don't see the difference between 20-23. The only thing that has changed would be facial hair. :p

Anyways, at the OP. No need to worry about getting older. Hell, I prefer never to go back during my teenage years. Awkward!

Just enjoy your twenties, a lot things will change, but who made the rule that it couldn't be good? :3

#4 Edited by handlas (2634 posts) -

lol 20...old. What.

I'm 27. I'll feel kind of old when I reach 30 perhaps. And it's weird to think of someone thinking Super Smash Brothers is their Mario game. Considering I remember playing the first Mario Brothers game on the NES when I was at daycare.., lol. That, Duckhunt, and Pilot Wings were pretty much the games we played. And I remember being so excited to go to Toys R Us to get a glimpse of Mario 64... ahh I just don't get excited about anything like I did back then.

#5 Posted by DarthOrange (3803 posts) -

@handlas said:

lol 20...old. What.

I'm 27. I'll feel kind of old when I reach 30 perhaps. And it's weird to think of someone thinking Super Smash Brothers is their Mario game. Considering I remember playing the first Mario Brothers game on the NES when I was at daycare.., lol. That, Duckhunt, and Pilot Wings were pretty much the games we played. And I remember being so excited to go to Toys R Us to get a glimpse of Mario 64... ahh I just don't get excited about anything like I did back then.

I used to go to Target to see Banjo-Kazooie. My parents never bought me a N64 though because I already had a PlayStation and Super Nintendo and to this day I have never played that game. :(

#6 Posted by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

Depending on the country, you can't even drink yet (legally). You aren't old.

#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

Super Smash Brothers Meele is not old. You are not old.

You will be someday, so dont worry. Also age has nothing to do with maturity. I have not found a way to show people my maturity quickly, beyond being nice, but im not sure if that works. Im still testing it.

#8 Edited by CornBREDX (4738 posts) -

Just of those who said their ages, none of you are old yet.

I'm not even technically old yet. Although, for a video game site, I am one of the dinosaurs I guess.

Anyway, ya. Everyone gets old. You don't have to let your mind get old though- or whatever.

Stay young in spirit and be forever young like fools like me!

@handlas You are not much younger than me but the first mario game I can recall myself playing was probably Donkey Kong on Atari 2600. Or maybe that one where you run through pipes and knock the bad guys over on the 2600 (it was similar to a mini game in one of later mario games- cant for the life of me remember what they called it).

Edit: I found it! Its just called Mario Bros or something

#9 Edited by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Well if 20 is old then I must be a middle aged man!

#10 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

Ha, "old" at twenty. I'm eighteen and I still feel like I'm fourteen at heart.

#11 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

oh please

#12 Posted by Chaser324 (6251 posts) -

I'm staring straight down the barrel of 30 in my not too distant future, so it's a bit hard for me to hear someone saying that 20 is old.

You're barely out of high school and not even of level drinking age yet, so you can probably hold off on having your early mid-life crisis for at least a few more years.

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by zFUBARz (620 posts) -

You are old, in the grand scheme of things you'll be dead in the blink of an eye and nobody will remember anything about you, so get busy living and do everything you can while you're still around.

#14 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1517 posts) -

In the immortal words of Abraham Simpson: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too."

Welcome to adulthood.

#15 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1828 posts) -

I am twenty-one and I feel more jaded, world weary and dead inside than every person older than fifty that I've ever met.

Don't worry about the thing you enjoy being "old news." Worry about your world view.

#16 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1249 posts) -

It's totally fine to get a little introspective and reflective about your life. Wait until you hit 30 or 40 then you're going to feel old. At the very least you'll be more mindful of your body's limitations and slower healing.

#17 Posted by prapin (32 posts) -

Congrats, the best years of your life are now over.

Life is now total pretentious shit.

#18 Edited by Anund (876 posts) -

I'm 33 and don't feel particularly old... I think you're a bit premature in your anxiety ;)

#19 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -
#20 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I'm only 16 and I feel like I'm getting old too fast... Sort of ridiculous because I'm only 16, but soon I'll be driving, something that a couple of years ago felt like forever away.

#21 Edited by Philedius (204 posts) -

I love these regular threads of people competing to be the oldest one in it.

#22 Edited by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

oh my god none of you are old, go out and do something

#23 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

20? Still so much to see, learn and do, pal. Just remember, the best is yet to come. Now go out and lay some humans of your preferred gender.

And happy birthday duder!

#24 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

I turned 20 recently too. I'm still sad.

#25 Posted by oldenglishC (921 posts) -

"I feel old at 20" <loud fart noise>

Unless you've ever owned a pair of parachute pants, you don't know what old is (or what true happiness feels like).

#26 Posted by Pr1mus (3772 posts) -

Yeah, we're not cavemen anymore, 20 is not old. 30 is not old either for that matter.

#27 Posted by bennyboy (328 posts) -

This thread pops up about once a week, with the same sort of replies every time, including mine.

#28 Edited by Sanity (1890 posts) -

Ripe old age of 20 eh? Here, grow some chest hair and watch this. Its got everything you need for the rest of your life.

#29 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

Congratulations: you're just 365 days exactly from being completely mature enough to enjoy an alcoholic beverage in the United States.

#30 Posted by audioBusting (1460 posts) -

The authors of this type of blog posts seem to be getting younger and younger. I look forward to the day when a literal Cool Baby joins the GB forums and makes a similar sentiment.

#31 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

You're nowhere near old yet. Multiply your age by two, then you can honestly say that you're getting old.

#32 Edited by Ariketh (606 posts) -

Wait until you mention a game that you played and someone says, "I was born that year."

Also, SSBM is not that old...

#33 Edited by SpoogeMcduck (176 posts) -

37, so you're young to me too. The only bad thing about getting old is that you look back on when you were in your 20's and wish you could change so many of the things you did, or didn't do(girl who looked like a blonde Mila Kunis that I never asked out I'm looking at you). So yeah, don't screw it up, play less games and live life more, games will still be here when you're old. Oh, and get a tattoo, I randomly got my first one on my 21st birthday without realizing it was my birthday, chicks dig tattoos

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (11794 posts) -

I like the notion of SSBM being an "old" "classic."

#35 Edited by JacDG (2113 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy said:

Ha, "old" at twenty. I'm eighteen and I still feel like I'm fourteen at heart.

I'm 21 and I still feel that way, which is both good and bad.

#36 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

I turned 24 a week or 2 ago, not old I know, but my body feels like that of a 60 year old.
Haven't taken care of myself in many years, assumed I'd be dead by now.

Also I have a small patch of grey hair that's been steadily growing over the past year, better than ginger though right

#37 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

Late twenties, then you can start to bitch.

It's that moment when you get in conversations with young adults 10-15 years younger than you who all look at you like some kind of old guy who clearly doesn't know a thing because he isn't familiar with whatever the newest shitty degenerate music fad is.

See, you explain it and you even sound like a cranky old bastard.

#38 Edited by SuperTess (142 posts) -

If you're old, then I've got one foot in the grave. Young people, sheesh.

#39 Edited by OldGuy (1492 posts) -

#40 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

20? I don't even know what to say.

#41 Edited by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I'm almost 37. If you're old, that makes me like, dead.

#42 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5133 posts) -

20 years old is not old.

#43 Posted by armaan8014 (5316 posts) -

20? old?? I'm turning 21! that's old?

#44 Posted by zenmastah (870 posts) -

i turn 30 in a month so yeah, i feel your pain OP.

#45 Posted by TooSweet (372 posts) -

I'm in my 30's. I'm much better now than I was in my teens or twenties. No lookin' back baby!

#46 Edited by Pezen (1546 posts) -

Nowadays I find it amusing how younger and younger people claim to be getting "old" yet older people act as though they are younger than those of their age did when I was younger. I am turning 30 this year and writing it and looking at the number seems bigger than I perceive it. I don't feel old at all. But maybe I'm one of those people that exist in some state of time denial that only really shifts when I meet or are around people that are actually at the age I envision myself being.

#47 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

20 lol

#48 Edited by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

I'm turning 23 next month- I don't know what your problem is, but I'm fuckin' young.

#49 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

You feel old at twenty? Geez mate, I feel bad for you. I'm turning twenty one this year and I still act as if I'm fifteen. You only feel old if you think you are.

#50 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

20? Old? Well I guess you are getting older-er but 20 ain't exactly old, dude.