• 70 results
#1 Posted by Obinice (273 posts) -

Call me strange, but after a night out on the town here I am, slightly drunk, eating a pasty and watching this week's TNT.

So I just wanted to quickly say, you guys are entertaining and educational. Both the Bombadiers, and the community at large.

So......thank you all!

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

I am also drunk and what is a pasty?

#3 Posted by cyraxible (682 posts) -

@laserbolts: Y'know those things that cover nipples and not a whole lot else. He must be waaasted.

#4 Posted by coaxmetal (1577 posts) -

A pasty is some flaky dough thing filled with some really tasty shit.

I am also slightly drunk, this is a cool club

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Riboflavin: Like a strawberry flakie that you get in a box? Same kind of box as twinkies come in? Those are fucking delicious and I forgot all about them until now.

@cyraxible: haha thanks for the laugh

#6 Posted by Obinice (273 posts) -

P.S I watch all your content via XBMC, and while the Giant Bomb plugin works great, the Tested plugin no longer works, so I've not seen Will or Norm since the move. I miss those guys :(

(Yes I could browse to Tested.com and watch their video on my laptop, but I never watch videos on my laptop, that's what the media center's for) Oh well, I guess I'll wait for them to fix their XBMC plugin!

#7 Posted by JBG4 (385 posts) -

The ABD club. Always Be Drunk

#8 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@Obinice: I am trying to catch up. I am sipping on some Bacardi Razz and sprite right now so it might take a while.

#9 Posted by Obinice (273 posts) -

.....To Wikipedia!

"A pasty, sometimes known as a pastie or British pasty in the United States, is a filled pastry case, associated in particular with Cornwall in Great Britain. It is made by placing the uncooked filling on a flat pastry circle, and folding it to wrap the filling, crimping the edge at the side or top to form a seal. The result is a raised semicircular package."

I suppose Cornwall has the Cornish Pasty sure, but I wouldn't say we associate it with Cornwall in general. Anyway, pastry filled with meaty goodness! I mean, a raised semicircular package of meaty goodness!

Also it's like, 4.50 am here. I should probably go to sleep. I mean, I'm watching Ryan play Paperboy. I should probably be sleeping right.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9604 posts) -

@Obinice:

I'm slightly buzzed so, cheers!

#11 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

no u

#12 Posted by Obinice (273 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

no u

No u!

#13 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I'm totally wasted!!!

Wait…

No I'm not =(

#14 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

You don't mean it, that's just the alcohol talking. 
You'll beat us all up in the morning like usual

#15 Edited by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@Obinice said:

@drGiggless said:

no u

No u!

I don't know to respond to that, you have bested me intellectually.

#16 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

looks good and provides support. why doesn't every woman wear it?

#17 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

My third eye's lookin' atchu!

#18 Posted by pyromagnestir (4236 posts) -

I wish I was drunk and eating a nipple pasty... Do they have edible pasties? They have edible underwear after all and that seems way more gross.

Also 2 dumb comments by me in a row! I'm on a roll. Let's see how long I can keep the streak going.

#19 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

I am also slightly drunk, and I have a vague idea of what a pasty is. Now I'm kind of hungry. Also, I misread pasty as patsy at first and was very confused.

#20 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

I wish I was drunk and eating a nipple pasty... Do they have edible pasties? They have edible underwear after all and that seems way more gross.

Also 2 dumb comments by me in a row! I'm on a roll. Let's see how long I can keep the streak going.

there is no such thing as a dumb question about pasties.

#21 Posted by coaxmetal (1577 posts) -

i'd rather eat the pastry one than the nipple one, tbqh

#22 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

I'm totally wasted!!! Wait… No I'm not =(

You and me both. :(

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (18905 posts) -
#24 Posted by Obinice (273 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

Hired!

#25 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@JJOR64: amazing. thanks for posting. so much better than pasties.

#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4236 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

@pyromagnestir said:

there is no such thing as a dumb question about pasties.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to make your own out of some fruit rollups or something. Maybe I should buy a bunch of boxes of fruit rollups, cut them into circles and sell them at a ridiculous mark up as edible nipple pasties! Look at me I'm entrepreneuring all up in this mother!

3 in a row. That's a turkey no?

#27 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

@Sackmanjones said:

I'm totally wasted!!! Wait… No I'm not =(

You and me both. :(

Best friends forever! =D............alone..........
#28 Posted by Obinice (273 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

make your own out of some fruit rollups or something. Maybe I should buy a bunch of boxes of fruit rollups, cut them into circles and sell them at a ridiculous mark up as edible nipple pasties! Look at me I'm entrepreneuring all up in this mother!

Now it's my turn to ask! What's a fruit rollup?

Also....yay nipples.

#29 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Obinice said:

@pyromagnestir said:

make your own out of some fruit rollups or something. Maybe I should buy a bunch of boxes of fruit rollups, cut them into circles and sell them at a ridiculous mark up as edible nipple pasties! Look at me I'm entrepreneuring all up in this mother!

Now it's my turn to ask! What's a fruit rollup?

Also....yay nipples.

Are you serious about the fruit rollups? It's like a 4 inch by 4 inch piece of fruit gummy good ness that is about 2 millimeters thick. Sometimes they pre cut them for so you can punch shapes out of them and make them more fun to eat. There are also fruit by the foots which are similir but are thin and long as fuck. Delicious.

#30 Posted by pyromagnestir (4236 posts) -

@Obinice: I don't know what they're made of but this is what they look like... And theoretically you can eat them! That's what they are sold for anyway.

#31 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

in theory, fruit rollups are strong enough to support a 150 lb human.

#32 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

Is this true? I have a feeling it isnt.

#33 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@drGiggless said:

Have you ever seen those trucks commercials where the truck is pulling a boulder or safe or similarly heave object? they aren't using rope or chain, they are using fruit roll up.

#34 Edited by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Ravenlight said:

Thats a rough face. Almost looks like a tranny.

Why are you looking at her face?

Because it is in the picture. I am not a 14 year old kid that is so fascinated with boobs that I can't look at anything else. Don't get me wrong I love boobs but obviously i'd look at the face too.

#35 Edited by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@Obinice said:

P.S I watch all your content via XBMC, and while the Giant Bomb plugin works great, the Tested plugin no longer works, so I've not seen Will or Norm since the move. I miss those guys :(

(Yes I could browse to Tested.com and watch their video on my laptop, but I never watch videos on my laptop, that's what the media center's for) Oh well, I guess I'll wait for them to fix their XBMC plugin!

They might not since everything they do is exclusively hosted on Youtube now. I have a feeling all you can probably do at this point would be to subscribe to the channel and just use a youtube plugin on the XBMC.

I feel like a beer, what a long day today.

#36 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Ravenlight said:

Because it is in the picture. I am not a 14 year old kid that is so fascinated with boobs that I can't look at anything else. Don't get me wrong I love boobs but obviously i'd look at the face too.

I'm sorry I forgot to put *sarcasm*

#37 Edited by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Ravenlight said:

No biggie we all make mistakes.

#38 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@drGiggless said:

@laserbolts said:

@drGiggless said:

Have you ever seen those trucks commercials where the truck is pulling a boulder or safe or similarly heave object? they aren't using rope or chain, they are using fruit roll up.

I haven't but that sounds amazing.

#39 Edited by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -

I wish I had "alcohol" but I'm poor, happy cinco de mayo though.

#40 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Ravenlight said:

You have now shown all of Giant Bomb that I'm not Jesus. Thanks a lot jerk…

#41 Posted by Srah (79 posts) -

its nearly 3pm and i'm at uni on a saturday and i really really want to get drunk

#42 Edited by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Ravenlight said:

I wouldn't worry about it alot of the community have an anti drinking stance so I doubt they would look at this thread anyways.

#43 Posted by DukesT3 (1891 posts) -

I am not drunk, but if I were the thought of a pasty sounds kind of gross... hell I baked a fucking catfish filet a week ago when I was fucking wasted. That didn't end all that well. I'll probably be slightly drunk watching The Avengers tomorrow.

#44 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Sackmanjones said:

@laserbolts

@Ravenlight said:

I wouldn't worry about it alot of the community have an anti drinking stance so I doubt they would look at this thread anyways.

Your right! As Jesus himself I forgive you!

#45 Edited by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: So does this mean i'm going to heaven or something?

#46 Edited by BelligerentEngine (344 posts) -

Since this is a thread that has some sort of tangential relevance to things we do when we're drunk. I have a question if anyone can answer it I'd be very grateful.

Do, "gifted" yearly premium subscriptions auto-renew on the payee's account? I'm assuming they don't because that wouldn't make much sense, but I would like confirmation.

While in a state of less than perfect mental acuity I somehow gifted one to a particularly amiable appliance, and I never got my biscuit buttered from that arrangement if you catch my drift.

#47 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

a northern U.S. and UK pie. It's almost like a pot pie only with lamb, rutabaga and cabbage.

#48 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

@laserbolts said:

a northern U.S. and UK pie. It's almost like a pot pie only with lamb, rutabaga and cabbage.

Wow I was thinking a desert type of thing. I have never tried lamb but cabbage is enough to make me stay as far away as possible from a pasty.

#49 Posted by coaxmetal (1577 posts) -

update: drunker than I was when I last posted. Considering watching initial D on netflix (lol bad 90s anime cg) or going to sleep. hmmm.

#50 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@laserbolts said:

Wow I was thinking a desert type of thing. I have never tried lamb but cabbage is enough to make me stay as far away as possible from a pasty.

Sometimes cabbage is left out and replaced with gravy, in that case its a Minnesota and Mackinac Island pasty. Source: I live in Michigan.