I need a crash course on the Fast & Furious series

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HazBazz

I'm going to see the new Fast & Furious film tomorow, but I've never seen the previous 3 films (dont hurt me, Jeff). Can anyone give me a really basic outline of the plots of the first 3 films? Do I even need to know them to understand the new one? Thanks

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Spoilers!
Spoilers!

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

There are fast cars.  There is mediocre acting.  They are awesome.  SPOILERS!

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

Cars.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Steve_C

Dude, ITV 2 have been showing the first three films recently. Last week i saw all three films on consecutive nights. They showed tokyo drift again just a couple of hours ago.

From the trailer it seems that the first movie is really the only one of any true relevance, and you can read the plot on wikipedia.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

Lol to Fr0Br0's post.

• Anyway, the main character (the dude with the hair) is an FBI agent. Goes undercover, helps bald guy escape. (That's the first one.)
  • FBI dude with hair meets up with another bald guy, but black this time. They do some things, a rat eats some guy's belly, and Ludacris was still "hip". Don't remember the ending (That's second movie.)
  • Alright, Tokyo Drift. A few Asian woman, way too many white people, and the story is resolved as predicted. Meets Vin Diesel in end. "Hey wanna race? For hair? Sure."

Realistically though, just go to Wiki and read the plots. Should only take 15 minutes to get you up to speed.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Cars for VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM then ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and some go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, and KABLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.  That's it in a nutshell.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HazBazz
Steve_C said:
"Dude, ITV 2 have been showing the first three films recently. Last week i saw all three films on consecutive nights. They showed tokyo drift again just a couple of hours ago.

From the trailer it seems that the first movie is really the only one of any true relevance, and you can read the plot on wikipedia."
Yeah, I know. I watched like 5 minutes of Tokyo Drift tonight, but then My Name Is Earl was on...
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

First one, Paul Walker get busted and works for FBI, turns on FBI to secretly help Dom (Vin) escape from the hands of them coppers.

Second - trash so forget about it.

Third - A boy races this jock and cause thousands of dollars in damage. Gets sent to Tokyo to live with father instead of going to juvie. Becomes drift king, and then his teacher dies. His teacher was a good friend of Dom's from FF1. Name was Han.

Fourth - Oh wait...

FAST AND FURIOUS

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By yyZiggurat

Gravity and physics are inert when cars jump a ramp.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HazBazz

So wait, there are cars in these films?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By fr0br0

Seriously though: Paul Walker is an undercover cop. In the first movie, he tries to catch a group of people who are stealing car parts. Turns out to be his group leader (Vin Diesel), who he befriended as an undercover racer. Paul Walker falls in love with Vin's sister, but because he's a cop, it's a love that can't be. Paul Walker ends up letting Vin Diesel go because friendship conquers all!

F&F2: More Paul Walker, no Vin Diesel. Movie pretty much sucks. No explanation needed.

Tokyo Drift: No Paul Walker, barley any Vin Diesel. The series takes a change with lead characters and brings up this high school kid who likes to race. He gets in an accident, moves to Tokyo. Hot Asian chicks. Bow Wow. Cool Asian guy Han works for Japanese gang. Gang kills Han. High School kid beats gang with the power of drift! Vin Diesel says what's up at the end and says he knows Han (They explain in new F&F)

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By carlthenimrod

The cars don't transform.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By LackLuster
Fr0Br0 said:
"
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
"
I clapped
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hamz
The Fast and the Furious
  • Vin Diesel is some big shot street racer and criminal. Paul Walker is an undercover cop. Paul ends up losing to Vin in a race and working for him to repay the debt, falls in love with Vin's sister and begins to question his moral and professional obligation as an undercover cop. Helps Vin's crew out here and there and eventually has to reveal his being a cop to save the life of one of the crew. Everyone is pissed off and eventually Paul sort of redeems himself by allowing Vin to escape with his car. The end.

2 Fast 2 Furious
  • Paul is no longer a cop but rather making a name for himself by street racing. Shit goes awry and he ends up being duped into teaming up with an old friend to help the cops bust some drug dealer using fast car drivers to smuggle stuff. Long and shitty story short, Paul and friend team up with other underground racers to win the day. Ignore this one.

Tokyo Drift

• Some kid from America does a street race that goes bad, gets kicked out of school and shipped to Tokyo Japan to live with his dad who is in the Navy. Ends up joining the underground racing scene in Tokyo and hooks up with some mentor-esque Japanese guy who is a big name hotshot that once cruised with Vin Diesel's character back in the day or whatever. Not a lot of street racing in this film, but more drifting. Ends in some crazy dramatic drifting scene down a mountain road, Triads, Japanese girls in school unifrom outfits and some crazy beats. Better than the previous film. Oh and Vin Diesel's character shows up at the very end!