I need a list of movies for a project (Think Half Good)

SirThirdFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Doggers, I'm going to embark on a video project about those movies that everyone seems to have only an extreme opinion on. It was inspired by "John Carpenter's Vampiredollarsign" I had remembered seeing it many years ago and asking 2 different people I got polar reactions of "it's awesome" and "it's fucking awful"

So I got to thinking, in my constant fight to want to produce some type of video content, I would do a series about these movies. I, then quickly, remembered Screened's Half Good and how great it was. While I would do mine differently, I felt this would be an easy lift off point to ask you guys this...

What movies do you guys think are "Half Good" AND/OR what movie do you love that all of your friends hate?

Thanks!

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man of Steel comes to mind! A real love it or hate it situation.

If animated movies aren't out of the question, End of Evangelion has a VERY split community. I basically only hear "That was amazing, I loved it" or "Wow what an okay series that led into incomprehensible bullshit"

SirThirdFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, animated movies are more than welcome! Thanks

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

Equilibrium. It's got a cool world, great action, interesting story... but it's cheesy as all hell.

Grammaton Clerics practice gun kata, for example. And hunt down Sense Offenders!

SirThirdFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Equilibrium. It's got a cool world, great action, interesting story... but it's cheesy as all hell.

Grammaton Clerics practice gun kata, for example. And hunt down Sense Offenders!

Yeah I feel the same way, that'll be a fun one to do.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Also, we're on Giant Bomb so Cobra.

SirThirdFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha of course!

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles. I love this movie, but I saw that it had a low rotten tomato score. I dunno about anyone else's feelings on it.

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Bad Boys 2. I CAN'T HELP IT!

SirThirdFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles. I love this movie, but I saw that it had a low rotten tomato score. I dunno about anyone else's feelings on it.

I love Bad Boys 2. I CAN'T HELP IT!

Thanks guys.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jArmAhead

The animated Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings movies seem super divisive when I bring them up. I love them, they have a pretty stellar look and they approach the material respectfully enough. But half the people I ask about them seem to think they are an abomination, while the rest agree that they were pretty sweet.
...mostly I just want to say that they are pretty awesome. No matter how much certain people hate on them.

SirThirdFilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The animated Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings movies seem super divisive when I bring them up. I love them, they have a pretty stellar look and they approach the material respectfully enough. But half the people I ask about them seem to think they are an abomination, while the rest agree that they were pretty sweet.

...mostly I just want to say that they are pretty awesome. No matter how much certain people hate on them.

Yeah I've heard from people (generally people who are hardcore into Jackson's LOTR) that they hate it, so yeah I'd be really interested in seeing what's so bad about them. Especially cause I'm not a big LOTR guy at all. Maybe the animated will grab me more. Thanks