I need a new headphones got any recommendations?

• 63 results
rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By rb_man

@artgarcrunkle: Ya you got a point it this whole thing is giving me a headache because everyone is telling me different stuff and it is just making me change my mind every hour. Your right I should just get what I want Thanks for the Help.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By X19

If it's headphones mainly for gaming then I can't recommend the Astro A40s enough. They're very comfortable, mic is crisp, 5.1 with mix amp makes you hear everything happening around you and also I love plugging in my MP3 player while playing too.  The astros are very good at distinguishing sounds, obviously because they're meant for you to know where bullets are flying. For usual music listen they kinda sound slightly muffled though.  I can't put my finger on why that is to be honest XD 

For music listening I would probably recommend some others. Thing is with headphones they always seem to be tuned (more bass etc) for a purpose and I always feel like I'm hearing through the manufacturers filter. I haven't listened to many headphones over the £250 price tag so maybe there's a point where that doesn't become noticeable.  Will and Norm (Tested.com) always seem amazed by those incredibly expensive sennheiser at the top range, so maybe that's true.

The reasons I went for the A40s is because I wanted the whole package. Personally I would get studio monitors if I was an audiophile as they're the best way to listen to music. I wanted headphones for the same reason you did and the Astro A40s delivered on that perfectly.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By rb_man

@X19: Ya I would love to get one of those with the saints row colors but I will be damned if I am going to get a $200 on a headset. But on the other hand I am looking at those $120 ones by Razer so it is not that far of a jump.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By daiphyer

@artgarcrunkle said:

@Daiphyer: Good false dichotomy troll, big ups.

Nice descriptive challenge. Nice attitude, too.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By X19
@rb_man: Remember you're getting that mixamp, mic and all the cables as well as the headphones themselves. Seriously I'm picky as shit and I even freaked out spending £8 on replacement earphones the other week because I thought they weren't as good as my last £8 pair XD I know the strengths and weaknesses the A40s have and for what you want them for, I can't see you being disappointed.  

It's a lot of money and yes there's a premium. It wasn't exactly an easy decision for me either and it was important they ticked all the boxes of my criteria. If you can swallow that price tag then I doubt you will have to think about headphones for gaming, for a long time to come.  Now I have them I really have no desire to send them back and get a refund (I'm still in the refund time period). Trust me I have tried to find a reason because I get obsessed like that XD

Good luck with your decision.  

Edit: If it's just PC you game on then you might not need the mixamp. Do a little research in to it as it might save you some money. I needed it because I mainly play on my PS3 and the mic, 5.1 surround sound and MP3 input wouldn't be an option otherwise.
rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By rb_man

@X19: Is the mixamp really worth it? I am just using this for just my PC and that's it.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By X19
@rb_man: I just edited my last comment because I just thought the same thing XD Have a read of my last comment again and do a little research.  

I think PC users don't need that mixamp. 
djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By djstyles92
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By DystopiaX

@Daiphyer said:

What is wrong with "Gaming" headsets? I own a Turtle Beach x31 and they are awesome. I don't feel like I am not hearing stuff that maybe I can hear in a pair of these. I mean look at that thing, 1,500$. Why is that so expensive?!

Nothing, but for the price you can get headphones that sound a lot better.

And have you tried any headphones? They don't have to be over a grand to sound better. Sounds like you haven't.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DystopiaX

@rb_man said:

Gaming headphones suck because there headsets not headphones. Witch is what I want but everyone in this post keeps telling me to get like $175 headphones witch is not want I want in truth I don't give a shit about sound as long as it is not shit I am happy I just want some thing mid range that's comfy with a mic.

Then don't bother with anything over 30 dollars. Seriously if you don't care about sound quality just buy shitty 20 headphones and a 10 dollar mike and be done with it.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By myke_tuna
@DystopiaX said:

@rb_man said:

Gaming headphones suck because there headsets not headphones. Witch is what I want but everyone in this post keeps telling me to get like $175 headphones witch is not want I want in truth I don't give a shit about sound as long as it is not shit I am happy I just want some thing mid range that's comfy with a mic.

Then don't bother with anything over 30 dollars. Seriously if you don't care about sound quality just buy shitty 20 headphones and a 10 dollar mike and be done with it.

Do what this guy says. 

I have pretty ok speakers (5.1 surround) and a shitty plantronics headset (for game chat only) and I do alright. But also I live in the burbs, so I don't have to worry about neighbors (for the most part). But when and if I do, I'm going to ask the guys here for some headPHONES. I think you messed up the title of this thread. You should have called it "I need a new headSET". Obviously, you don't need the "fancy" stuff everyone is recommending and in that case, I'm sure any cheap 30-40 dollar headset will do. So buy that SteelSeries you were looking at.
rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rb_man

@DystopiaX said:

@rb_man said:

But the thing with that is that if you ware them for more that 20min they fucking suck. Also those I can tell they sound bad super bad I don't want some 30 buck headset I want some thing nice. But it seems like if I care about comfort most then everyone tell me get some piece of shit I don't want a piece of shit I just want some thing mid range.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jrad

I had a pair of Sennheiser 448s -- it might've just been me, but they sounded incredibly tinny and the bass was virtually nonexistent. The headband broke on one side a few months ago, and I bought a pair of Panasonic HTF600s. My expectations were horribly low given how cheap they were, but some people on the internet told me they had nice bass, and I needed a replacement pair. I'm actually really pleased with them, and the bass is much more powerful than the Sennheisers; if you have bad ears, chances are you don't really need to pick out the ultra-technical high notes anyway. I have a $25 mic that works well enough.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Altec Lansing has been so good to me I literally cannot recommend them enough.