• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

It's going to be my 21st next month, I plan on going out with some friends and getting drunk, that's all. But my parents keep pestering me asking me what I want for my birthday, the problem is I don't really need anything. But they get so annoyed at me when I say I don't know, so duders what shall I ask for to please them?

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Socks.

#3 Posted by neemoy (6 posts) -

Ask for a LiveJournal.

#4 Edited by jking47 (1211 posts) -

Dildos.

EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by please them.

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Socks.

#6 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

There must be something you want surely, how about just money?

#7 Edited by Mirado (993 posts) -

Scotch. If I could have my 21st over I would have started my drinking career properly out of the gate. If your aim is to get drunk, you might as well do it in style.

In all actuality, I don't know. I've never been in a position where my parents were angry with me for wanting less.

#8 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

Say you want them to leave you alone.

#9 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

Dinner. Somewhere inexpensive but nice. The day before your birthday, or a day or two after - depending on how quickly you can recover from a hangover.

#10 Posted by spankingaddict (2671 posts) -

vidyagames !

#11 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

A home cooked meal, but that's what I would want. I hate living on my own I eat very poorly, because between work and other things, I never have time to cook.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: @FluxWaveZ: I've already tried to get them to just be happy with buying me something small, but they say 21st is a special birthday so they want to get me something bigger.

@Sayishere said: Unfortunately they don't like giving me money, they want to wrap something and have me wonder what it is.

@spankingaddict: I was leaning towards this, I may just ask for two games. But to be honest I don't really want any games right now.

#13 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Colourful_Hippie: @FluxWaveZ: I've already tried to get them to just be happy with buying me something small, but they say 21st is a special birthday so they want to get me something bigger.

Tube socks.

#14 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Hizang said:

Tube socks.

Thocks

#15 Posted by Jay_Ray (1098 posts) -

Dude, ask for a NES or a SNES.

#16 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@Landon: I'm more of a fan of the Bro-oche, but thanks Cinco.

#17 Posted by BisonHero (6523 posts) -
@Colourful_Hippie

@Hizang said:

Tube socks.

Ask for thigh-highs.
#18 Posted by MoonlightMoth (470 posts) -

A Falcon.

#19 Posted by mlarrabee (2951 posts) -

@AllIsHeresy said:

A Falcon.

The bird or the jet? Either would be a nice surprise.

#20 Posted by MoonlightMoth (470 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

@AllIsHeresy said:

A Falcon.

I was thinking more the bird (they are beautiful creatures), but a jet would be pretty useful.

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@AllIsHeresy said:

@mlarrabee said:

@AllIsHeresy said:

A Falcon.

I was thinking more the bird (they are beautiful creatures), but a jet would be pretty useful.

A Novint Falcon.

#22 Posted by vorpalparasite (290 posts) -

Ask for new parents.

Don't actually do that, that would be awful.

How about a gift card, or perhaps Cobra on Blu-ray? I hear it's the greatest movie ever made.

#23 Edited by cclemon36 (180 posts) -

I feel like birthdays are a great time to ask for special edition blu-rays like Back to the Future, Blade Runner or Studio Ghibli stuff. Also, those fancier-than-average t-shirts from Threadless and the like.

#25 Posted by Snail (8604 posts) -

Guys, he actually does want something. See right here.

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

This seems like it isn't a reason to complain at all. Just ask for a gift card. Done.

#27 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

Some money?

Drinks on them.

#28 Posted by JaredA (824 posts) -

Giant Bomb Trapper Keeper

#29 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

your threads never fail to bring me down

#30 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Sayishere said: Unfortunately they don't like giving me money, they want to wrap something and have me wonder what it is.

@spankingaddict: I was leaning towards this, I may just ask for two games. But to be honest I don't really want any games right now.

Well as was stated before, Go for the drinking properly then ask for a Texas Mickey of something yummy

What's a Texas Mickey you ask? well....

3L (or 101oz) of pure hangover
#31 Posted by Sackmanjones (4702 posts) -

A hooker

#32 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Wow.... never seen a better definition of the word 'spoiled.' Damn, guy. Talk about first world problems..

#33 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Money is always the right choice, infinite possibilties

#34 Posted by TobbRobb (4646 posts) -

@OfficeGamer: Hey man. A spoiled kid would get too much and ask for more. He is talking about getting stuff for his birthday, but he doesn't want anything... How is that spoiled? Some people just don't find presents special, I know I'd rather pick out stuff for myself.

If they really refuse to give money or games, "I can relate to that". Then just ask them to surprise you. Presents are really only cool when it's something you wouldn't have thought of anyway.

#35 Posted by UlquioKani (1057 posts) -

You hate your birthday because your parents want to buy you gifts to show their love?

Ask them to pay for a trip to somewhere ytou really want to go to.

#36 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

Why not ask for.... A duck?

#37 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

rick dyer

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5683 posts) -

A remote control helicopter.

#39 Posted by arjybarjy (92 posts) -

You could ask them to carry out a hit for you?

#40 Posted by Kidavenger (3548 posts) -

I started using Amazon's wishlist a few years ago and I no longer have this problem.

Tickets for a concert or comedy show tend to be good gifts for my family.

#41 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

Say that you want to donate money to a random guy on Giantbomb that is from Norway =D

#42 Posted by Fattony12000 (7410 posts) -

Oh Christ, you're only 21?

#43 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

All I got was a balloon for my 21st last year, and my birthday is in less than a month and I'm expecting even less.

#44 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

@Hizang said:

It's going to be my 21st next month, I plan on going out with some friends and getting drunk, that's all. But my parents keep pestering me asking me what I want for my birthday, the problem is I don't really need anything. But they get so annoyed at me when I say I don't know, so duders what shall I ask for to please them?

I'm the same, I just buy everything I want myself. My birthday was yesterday and I settled on my parents making a car payment for me.

#45 Posted by Nate (703 posts) -

Are you insane? You're on Giantbomb, which I assume means you play vidjuh games. So, ask for gift credit to wherever you buy games. I assume there are some games you want coming out in the next few months or year. Or just money. Problem solved.

#46 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1289 posts) -

practical stuff man. Like kitchen knives, towels, cookware, toaster ovens, etc

#47 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

Your parents aren't very good at gifts, if the person doesn't ask for anything you're supposed to pick out something thoughtful for them. Tell your parents to put some thought into it themselves, it's not your job to pick out your presents. It's only going to get worse as you get older, you end up buying everything for yourself.

#48 Posted by The_Grindilow (431 posts) -

Ask for a title and become a Lord or a Baron or something.

#49 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1439 posts) -

Shoes. Everyone needs shoes.

#50 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

Well, I guess there are worse problems to have than people wanting to give you too many presents. You should ask for a copy of Wake Up Club.