• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

God your life seems incredibly interesting when your standards are so high that you come to being ''pestered'' by your parents who wants to celebrate with you.

#52 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

Something you know your mom would want you to wish for. You should always make your mom happy if you can.

#53 Posted by Sanj (2369 posts) -

@Hizang said:

But my parents keep pestering me asking me what I want for my birthday, the problem is I don't really need anything. But they get so annoyed at me when I say I don't know, so duders what shall I ask for to please them?

Oh man, it really sounds like you have it rough.

#54 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -

I always ask for a pony. They think I'm joking but I'm not :(

#55 Posted by RazielCuts (2945 posts) -

@neemoy said:

Ask for a LiveJournal.

#56 Posted by Heltom92 (708 posts) -

I dunno maybe a musical instrument or something?

Also, I think thing you should be more grateful seeing as you seem to have everything you could possibly want.

#57 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1420 posts) -

@Sanj said:

@Hizang said:

But my parents keep pestering me asking me what I want for my birthday, the problem is I don't really need anything. But they get so annoyed at me when I say I don't know, so duders what shall I ask for to please them?

Seriously, at least he's getting presents. My 28th birthday was 5 days ago and I usually never get anything because I'd rather just have money. I started that at 16 and it's been like that ever since. I did convince my little sister to take me to Disney World though, so that's awesome.

#58 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Heltom92 said:

I dunno maybe a musical instrument or something?

Also, I think thing you should be more grateful seeing as you seem to have everything you could possibly want.

Exactly, I have everything I could possibly want, so I don't really want anything else. I don't want to just tell my parents to get me something I don't really want just to keep them happy.

#59 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

To me an envelope with a tidy sum in it is always welcome.

#60 Posted by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

Jesus Hussein Christ, I wish I could bitch about having everything I could ever want.

Personally, I'd tell my parents I'm good and not worry about how they feel- because if they don't know me well enough to know that a nice dinner out with them or something is good enough, they're idiots.

Anyway, my life is full of stuff that I kinda want, but don't really have the petty cash to pick up. A $500 blender that will liquify anything you throw at it? Yes please. A Galaga arcade cabinet? Why, thank you.

...ask them for a motor cycle. Who cares?

#61 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -
@Sanj

@Hizang said:

Poor guy.
#62 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2360 posts) -

Any Tv Shows or movies you've been meaning to get on DVD/Blu Ray? MS Points, PSN $, eShop $? Amazon Credit?

#63 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

and thus the very long list of Hizang's problems continues . . . 

#64 Edited by Pr1mus (3868 posts) -

Tell them you want to go to space and anything less won't cut it.

#65 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

A keg?

#66 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Just ask for parents who don't get annoyed so easily.

#67 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1056 posts) -

Pokemon cards.

#68 Edited by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

A Halcyon console.

Or a Steam Gift Card.

#69 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

It's okay, Hizang. My 21st was last year, I spent it working, got my paycheck and my friends harangued me to take them to the bar for my birthday. At least yours are willing to cover their own drinks!

You want some of these.

Also, order an AMF. Them's tasty and fucks yous ups.

#70 Posted by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

Hookers and blow.

#71 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I would ask for either an original 1982 pressing of Duran Duran's "Rio", autographed by every member of the band or a Super Pacman machine

#72 Posted by Sursh (243 posts) -

guys, stop! all these suggestions are feeding the nightmare-ish conglomeration that is hizang's ego.

#73 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

a six pack of beer.

#74 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

A Dodo bird for a pet

#75 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Tell them to order you a pizza on the day of. Or whatever your preferred brand of delivery edibles. Or take you out to dinner.

#76 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Classic hizang thread

#77 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

I turned 21 just under a week ago and was in a similar situation, so I just asked for drinking money.

#78 Posted by Slag (4236 posts) -

@Hizang: ask them to take you to dinner to your favorite restaurant or something you guys can do together whenever that's mutually convenient If they are like most parents they will really like that. Then they will feel like they are doing something for you and you don't have to agonize over what to ask for or feel guilty about it.

Part of being nice to somebody else is letting letting them be nice to you in return. If you don't enjoy receiving stuff for you birthday think of it as an opportunity to do something else for the people who care about you.

#79 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

A pony!

Or protein powder.

#80 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

I always ask for money. Best present ever.

#81 Edited by supermonkey122 (815 posts) -

Well, I always ask for games. So go with that I guess.

#82 Edited by Chaser324 (6405 posts) -

This thread was locked on the old site, so I guess I should probably go ahead and lock it here, too.