I really hate my job.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eltrut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By eltrut

Really. To the point where a phone call from my boss while I'm at home makes me depressed. I quit it, but not done till the end of the month. My boss doesn't know her ass from her elbow, but lightening fast when it comes to blaming everyone else.

I just...argh.

There is no rant that can justify it. I'm not getting fed to packs of dogs or molesticated, but still. Bitch, just run your business.

I need to smoke this fatty now.

Anyone else hate their job/boss? I know you're out there.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

I love mine. Sorry! Can't wait to start full time in two weeks.

What do you do?

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By intro

I have a part time job, I enjoy it for the most part. Sorry about your job.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By haffy
No Caption Provided

I don't see the point in stressing out in jobs you hate. The jobs I've hated I've put minimum effort into and if I got fired I was glad.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I hate my boss with a burning passion. The day I quit my job is the day I slam my gun and badge on by boss's desk and leave this Arbys forever.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunslingerPanda

That's nice.

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By duggshammer

At times, yes. But, I'm not gonna stop makin that skrilla. Getting a gtx 690 and having money to do what I want is a lot more important than my boss gettin me down.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hunkulese

Potheads hate everything.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By clumsyninja1

Love my job...my supervisor is a pretty nice gal

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@haffy: That's the greatest image I've ever seen.

@clumsyninja1: Pretty nice gal huh? Nice in what way? *wink wink*

Anyway, chin up duder, it'll get better. And if not, well... you know.

eltrut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eltrut

@CrossTheAtlantic: I'm running the back half of a bakery. As a baker. Which totally doesn't sound awesome/hard, but is way harder than most people would expect. I can't feel very hotness through my hands and your finger skin starts to fall off. And you're yeasty. But its not the job, just herrrrr.

@GunslingerPanda: Yes. It is. Also, this is a forum post about my boss hate that you're being snarky on. We should be friends. You're faaaaaar more bitter than I am, and probably far less stoned.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matthias2437

Most of my income is from Freelance programming work, but my actual "job" I don't really mind, and my boss is pretty cool.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JasonR86

@eltrut:

You might think differently when you find that you can't get another job.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BigChickenDinner

I'm just waiting until you drop details of where you work, then you get fired for smoking weed. Which is ironic becaus.... well you get the joke.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@eltrut: I don't feel bitter. What on earth would I be bitter about? Sorry, I don't really want to be friends with a stoner.

eltrut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eltrut

@Hunkulese: Also, yes. Right now I hate this delicious mac n cheese I'm eating, your icon and "MEDIC!!".

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By I_smell

Guys check it out I smoke drugs WWWWOOOAHAAAHAAHAHHHHH!!!! Hold on while I mention this in every post as a completely unrelated non-sequitor to see if anyone picks up on it cos woah I'm so high!!!

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Franstone

I loved my job but my boss was an evil twisted prick and I lost it due to said evil twisted prick.

Now I can't even land an interview after 4 years of professional experience...

Find another job first.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_smell

Although it is pretty hilarious that you're a baker.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By pr1mus

I never really hated any of my jobs but my jobs sure hated me! I ain't changing though. If my boss would prefer a crappy employee over a strong headed guy who get the job done better... not my fucking problem!

eltrut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eltrut

Oh, snap. Forgot where I was posting.

Wow, America. Thanks for being about as objective as a...well, a post on a forum.

I think that's my subscription gone.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@GunslingerPanda said:

@eltrut: I don't feel bitter. What on earth would I be bitter about? Sorry, I don't really want to be friends with a stoner.

Said the grown man with a pink pony picture avatar.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By J12088

She probably doesn't like you very much either. Do a better job and stop sucking.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By haffy

@eltrut said:

Wow, America. Thanks for being about as objective as a...well, a post on a forum.

Grow fucking up.

dopplerganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dopplerganger

Molesticated?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By I_smell

@eltrut said:

It's gonna have to be, cos you don't have a job now.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@dopplerganger: Yeah, don't even Google that shit. You will regret it.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By habster3

Oh, you hate your job? So unique

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ravenlight

@I_smell said:

Guys check it out I smoke drugs WWWWOOOAHAAAHAAHAHHHHH!!!! Hold on while I mention this in every post as a completely unrelated non-sequitor to see if anyone picks up on it cos woah I'm so high!!!

Oh, is that what he meant? I thought his boss was fat and he was planning on murdering her :(

Also:

ZING!

Followed due to sickness of burns.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By dagas

The people are nice, but the pay is bad and the job is super repetetive. But it seems that I will have a new job next week in costumer support and as much as I'm going to hate that it will be a step up from what I'm doing now. At least they will be the oens calling me instead of me calling them. As much hate as I'm going to take as a costumer support guy at least I won't hear "Why you call when I am sleeping?" or "Why you call when we are eating?" or "why you call when I am sucking cock?" doign that job. Yes I know how annoying it is when people call you up, but I have to put something that passes for food on my cheap ass IKEA table. I'm so sorry I am disturbing your perfect moment because I have a job to do.

Weirdest moment at work

me: Do you mind if I ask you some questions about what you like or don't like about your phone so far?

dude: Sure, if I can masturbate during our conversation

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By heghmohqib

I hate one person I work with but it's not my boss. Boss is a crotchety old man and it's great. He calls me a dickhead every morning when he sees me. I call him an ugly old man that's going to die soon. He says "Tell me something I don't know". Best boss ever.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

I love mine. Sorry! Can't wait to start full time in two weeks.

Yeah, I'm this guy.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Christoffer

I don't hate my job. There's some structural issues going on right now so it feels a bit flimsy, like a company that've outgrown itself. I don't really much care about flimsy. But I guess it'll pass some day.

Good luck finding a kick-ass job.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By JasonR86

@eltrut said:

Objective regarding your post? Do you even know what that means?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By wrighteous86

@eltrut: I was near the top of my class in high school. I participated in academic clubs, social clubs, sports, and the theater department. I got a 32 on my ACT (the equivalent of a 2210 on SATs according to one second of Googling). I went to a good private school with stellar medical, theater, business and journalism programs. I hosted the premier talk radio show at my university. I co-managed and co-founded a small start-up student-run publishing company that became profitable under my leadership. I was a member of a fraternity. I was a part of a number of volunteer groups, teaching video editing to at-risk youths, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and Best Buddies (Big Bro/Big Sis for the mentally handicapped). I graduated and immediately started working for an engineering/architectural company. About a year and a half later, the country went to shit and I got laid off.

I couldn't find a job for over a year after that.

When I finally did find a job, I was working in a cold storage warehouse that was an hour and a half drive from where I lived. I worked in a freezer that was around 0 degrees F; I could spit and it would turn to ice as it hit the ground. I drove a forklift for 10 hours a day. There were massive amounts of mandatory overtime. I was regularly working 60-70 hours a week. I wasn't told about overtime until it was time to leave. Imagine getting changed and walking to the parking lot at the end of a long day of work, unable to feel your frozen fingers because the company didn't provide you gloves, and being told, "Come back in, you're working another 6 hours". Did I mention that my shift also meant working nights and weekends? I didn't see my friends more than once or twice the entire 9 months I worked there. The company had no respect for your personal life or your time. They didn't have to warn you of overtime, and they didn't let you take off on a busy day no matter how far in advance you requested or what your reason was. One of my co-workers missed his brother's wedding because they said they'd fire him if he took the day off. Another risked being fired to see his father on his deathbed, by taking a half-day. If you punched in a minute late, you were docked 15 minutes. If you were a minute late (even if you were in the building, dressed, and ready to work) when you punched in 5 times in 365 days, you were fired, no questions asked. Driving 1.5 hrs to work in the middle of a Chicago winter can be a bit "unpredictable". I had to drive 90 miles an hour on sheets of ice just to get to work on time. Once I got in a car accident, made sure the other guy was okay, and immediately sped off to make it to work on time because they accepted "no excuses" for punching in 1 minute late. They didn't even give breaks for a long time until someone threatened to sue the company. If you took more than 10 minutes of personal time (phone calls, bathroom breaks, smoke breaks) in a shift, you were warned on a 3-strike system. That's regardless of how much overtime you had. If you used 8 minutes of personal time in your regular shift, and they made you stay another 8 hours... you had better make those 2 minutes of personal time count. Mind you, I was basically an ideal student and potential employee with a college degree. And this was my life. I finally got out and found a better job in February.

Cry me a river.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wrighteous86

@Ravenlight said:

@I_smell said:

Oh, is that what he meant? I thought his boss was fat and he was planning on murdering her :(

Also:

ZING!

Followed due to sickness of burns.

Same.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By Hamz

This topic hasn't really turned into anything productive, locked.