This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by eltrut (42 posts) -

Really. To the point where a phone call from my boss while I'm at home makes me depressed. I quit it, but not done till the end of the month. My boss doesn't know her ass from her elbow, but lightening fast when it comes to blaming everyone else.

I just...argh.

There is no rant that can justify it. I'm not getting fed to packs of dogs or molesticated, but still. Bitch, just run your business.

I need to smoke this fatty now.

Anyone else hate their job/boss? I know you're out there.

#2 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

I love mine. Sorry! Can't wait to start full time in two weeks.

What do you do?

#3 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

I have a part time job, I enjoy it for the most part. Sorry about your job.

#4 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

I don't see the point in stressing out in jobs you hate. The jobs I've hated I've put minimum effort into and if I got fired I was glad.

#5 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

I hate my boss with a burning passion. The day I quit my job is the day I slam my gun and badge on by boss's desk and leave this Arbys forever.

#6 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4630 posts) -

That's nice.

#7 Posted by duggshammer (158 posts) -

At times, yes. But, I'm not gonna stop makin that skrilla. Getting a gtx 690 and having money to do what I want is a lot more important than my boss gettin me down.

#8 Posted by Hunkulese (2642 posts) -

Potheads hate everything.

#9 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Love my job...my supervisor is a pretty nice gal

#10 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@haffy: That's the greatest image I've ever seen.

@clumsyninja1: Pretty nice gal huh? Nice in what way? *wink wink*

Anyway, chin up duder, it'll get better. And if not, well... you know.

#11 Posted by eltrut (42 posts) -

@CrossTheAtlantic: I'm running the back half of a bakery. As a baker. Which totally doesn't sound awesome/hard, but is way harder than most people would expect. I can't feel very hotness through my hands and your finger skin starts to fall off. And you're yeasty. But its not the job, just herrrrr.

@GunslingerPanda: Yes. It is. Also, this is a forum post about my boss hate that you're being snarky on. We should be friends. You're faaaaaar more bitter than I am, and probably far less stoned.

#12 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Most of my income is from Freelance programming work, but my actual "job" I don't really mind, and my boss is pretty cool.

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@eltrut:

You might think differently when you find that you can't get another job.

#14 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

I'm just waiting until you drop details of where you work, then you get fired for smoking weed. Which is ironic becaus.... well you get the joke.

#15 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4630 posts) -

@eltrut: I don't feel bitter. What on earth would I be bitter about? Sorry, I don't really want to be friends with a stoner.

#16 Posted by eltrut (42 posts) -

@Hunkulese: Also, yes. Right now I hate this delicious mac n cheese I'm eating, your icon and "MEDIC!!".

#17 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Guys check it out I smoke drugs WWWWOOOAHAAAHAAHAHHHHH!!!! Hold on while I mention this in every post as a completely unrelated non-sequitor to see if anyone picks up on it cos woah I'm so high!!!

#18 Edited by Franstone (1091 posts) -

I loved my job but my boss was an evil twisted prick and I lost it due to said evil twisted prick.

Now I can't even land an interview after 4 years of professional experience...

Find another job first.

#19 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Although it is pretty hilarious that you're a baker.

#20 Edited by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

I never really hated any of my jobs but my jobs sure hated me! I ain't changing though. If my boss would prefer a crappy employee over a strong headed guy who get the job done better... not my fucking problem!

#21 Posted by eltrut (42 posts) -

Oh, snap. Forgot where I was posting.

Wow, America. Thanks for being about as objective as a...well, a post on a forum.

I think that's my subscription gone.

#22 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

@eltrut: I don't feel bitter. What on earth would I be bitter about? Sorry, I don't really want to be friends with a stoner.

Said the grown man with a pink pony picture avatar.

#23 Posted by J12088 (435 posts) -

She probably doesn't like you very much either. Do a better job and stop sucking.

#24 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

@eltrut said:

Wow, America. Thanks for being about as objective as a...well, a post on a forum.

Grow fucking up.

#25 Posted by dopplerganger (80 posts) -

Molesticated?

#26 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

@eltrut said:

It's gonna have to be, cos you don't have a job now.

#27 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@dopplerganger: Yeah, don't even Google that shit. You will regret it.

#28 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Oh, you hate your job? So unique

#29 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@I_smell said:

Guys check it out I smoke drugs WWWWOOOAHAAAHAAHAHHHHH!!!! Hold on while I mention this in every post as a completely unrelated non-sequitor to see if anyone picks up on it cos woah I'm so high!!!

Oh, is that what he meant? I thought his boss was fat and he was planning on murdering her :(

Also:

ZING!

Followed due to sickness of burns.

#30 Edited by dagas (2746 posts) -

The people are nice, but the pay is bad and the job is super repetetive. But it seems that I will have a new job next week in costumer support and as much as I'm going to hate that it will be a step up from what I'm doing now. At least they will be the oens calling me instead of me calling them. As much hate as I'm going to take as a costumer support guy at least I won't hear "Why you call when I am sleeping?" or "Why you call when we are eating?" or "why you call when I am sucking cock?" doign that job. Yes I know how annoying it is when people call you up, but I have to put something that passes for food on my cheap ass IKEA table. I'm so sorry I am disturbing your perfect moment because I have a job to do.

Weirdest moment at work

me: Do you mind if I ask you some questions about what you like or don't like about your phone so far?

dude: Sure, if I can masturbate during our conversation

#31 Posted by HeghmohQib (183 posts) -

I hate one person I work with but it's not my boss. Boss is a crotchety old man and it's great. He calls me a dickhead every morning when he sees me. I call him an ugly old man that's going to die soon. He says "Tell me something I don't know". Best boss ever.

#32 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

I love mine. Sorry! Can't wait to start full time in two weeks.

Yeah, I'm this guy.

#33 Posted by Christoffer (1757 posts) -

I don't hate my job. There's some structural issues going on right now so it feels a bit flimsy, like a company that've outgrown itself. I don't really much care about flimsy. But I guess it'll pass some day.

Good luck finding a kick-ass job.

#34 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@eltrut said:

Objective regarding your post? Do you even know what that means?

#35 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3743 posts) -

@eltrut: I was near the top of my class in high school. I participated in academic clubs, social clubs, sports, and the theater department. I got a 32 on my ACT (the equivalent of a 2210 on SATs according to one second of Googling). I went to a good private school with stellar medical, theater, business and journalism programs. I hosted the premier talk radio show at my university. I co-managed and co-founded a small start-up student-run publishing company that became profitable under my leadership. I was a member of a fraternity. I was a part of a number of volunteer groups, teaching video editing to at-risk youths, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and Best Buddies (Big Bro/Big Sis for the mentally handicapped). I graduated and immediately started working for an engineering/architectural company. About a year and a half later, the country went to shit and I got laid off.

I couldn't find a job for over a year after that.

When I finally did find a job, I was working in a cold storage warehouse that was an hour and a half drive from where I lived. I worked in a freezer that was around 0 degrees F; I could spit and it would turn to ice as it hit the ground. I drove a forklift for 10 hours a day. There were massive amounts of mandatory overtime. I was regularly working 60-70 hours a week. I wasn't told about overtime until it was time to leave. Imagine getting changed and walking to the parking lot at the end of a long day of work, unable to feel your frozen fingers because the company didn't provide you gloves, and being told, "Come back in, you're working another 6 hours". Did I mention that my shift also meant working nights and weekends? I didn't see my friends more than once or twice the entire 9 months I worked there. The company had no respect for your personal life or your time. They didn't have to warn you of overtime, and they didn't let you take off on a busy day no matter how far in advance you requested or what your reason was. One of my co-workers missed his brother's wedding because they said they'd fire him if he took the day off. Another risked being fired to see his father on his deathbed, by taking a half-day. If you punched in a minute late, you were docked 15 minutes. If you were a minute late (even if you were in the building, dressed, and ready to work) when you punched in 5 times in 365 days, you were fired, no questions asked. Driving 1.5 hrs to work in the middle of a Chicago winter can be a bit "unpredictable". I had to drive 90 miles an hour on sheets of ice just to get to work on time. Once I got in a car accident, made sure the other guy was okay, and immediately sped off to make it to work on time because they accepted "no excuses" for punching in 1 minute late. They didn't even give breaks for a long time until someone threatened to sue the company. If you took more than 10 minutes of personal time (phone calls, bathroom breaks, smoke breaks) in a shift, you were warned on a 3-strike system. That's regardless of how much overtime you had. If you used 8 minutes of personal time in your regular shift, and they made you stay another 8 hours... you had better make those 2 minutes of personal time count. Mind you, I was basically an ideal student and potential employee with a college degree. And this was my life. I finally got out and found a better job in February.

Cry me a river.

#36 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3743 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@I_smell said:

Oh, is that what he meant? I thought his boss was fat and he was planning on murdering her :(

Also:

ZING!

Followed due to sickness of burns.

Same.

#37 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

This topic hasn't really turned into anything productive, locked.