• 133 results
#1 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

I know people will call me stupid and all that. But, to be honest, with the crazy ass videos of UFO's/Actual eye witness accounts from soldiers/account from a fucking Iranian General!

The thing is, it doesn't matter if 99% of them were wrong, but... no matter how many eye witness accounts there are or anything, if even ONE percent of them are real in any way shape or form. That means that without a doubt that they are REAL. IMO at least, thousands upon thousands of people see the same thing and say something is a UFO/alien, why is it that people just make fun of them when in reality that if it is true, that confirms they are real. All it takes is ONE being real and it proves them. Besides, could thousands upon THOUSANDS of people be fucking wrong? All of them?

That is my stance on the whole thing, if even one of them is right, then they are real and have visited before. I know, flame me. but to be honest, this really isn't a bad stance to take considering on how many people are willing to defend what they saw and with how many of them there actually are.

#2 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I know people will call me stupid and all that. But, to be honest, with the crazy ass videos of Jesus on toast eye witness accounts from nuns/account from a fucking Pope!

JESUS WALKS AMONGST US!

#3 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Vodun said:

I know people will call me stupid and all that. But, to be honest, with the crazy ass videos of Jesus on toast eye witness accounts from nuns/account from a fucking Pope!

JESUS WALKS AMONGST US!

Are you guys going to start trolling me again? Or can this site be mature for once in it's fucking life?

#4 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Of course they have. I just like to call them angels.

#5 Posted by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -

dude I'm sorry but only crazies take this alien shit seriously enough to have a mature discussion with you

#6 Posted by ez123 (1997 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

Besides, could thousands upon THOUSANDS of people be fucking wrong? All of them?

Yep.

Also, why would someone being a General give them more legitimacy when it comes to claiming to see a UFO?

#7 Posted by DystopiaX (5364 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@Vodun said:

JESUS WALKS AMONGST US!

Are you guys going to start trolling me again? Or can this site be mature for once in it's fucking life?

He was expressing his disagreement, but in a witty manner. If you stop whining about it maybe people would leave you alone.

Although all your topics remain stupid.

Also, yes they could all be wrong. And being a general does not increase the credibility of an alien eyewitness account.

#8 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Besides, could thousands upon THOUSANDS of people be fucking wrong? All of them?

Yep.

Also, why would someone being a General give them more legitimacy when it comes to claiming to see a UFO?

It requires having sanity and intelligence to be a General, oh, and let's not forget that he is willing to DESTROY his own career because of this. That is a big fucking deal.

also, again, how could ALL of the people who think they saw something alien wrong? really? all of them even if they have a great video of it or very well done eye witness accounts, I find it funny that people say that without realizing what they are saying.

#9 Edited by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

If that one percent was right then it would be perfectly fine, but you don't have an argument unless you can show that those people are correct, and to this date I've not seen a single person be able to do that. To quote Carl Sagan "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", and the closest thing to evidence that the UFO-believers have ever been able to produce is blurry camera footage of lights in the sky and metallic floating objects. Remember, just because lots of people believe something doesn't mean that it's correct. Throughout history millions of people have believed all sort of nonsense about everything you can think of, that doesn't mean they were right.

Edit: I think it might also be good to mention that if this thread devolves into uncivil and aggressive discussion I and the other moderators will not be afraid to start moderating people.

#10 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

To begin, I question if there is life on other planets. Yes there are millions of planets around millions of stars but the circumstances that have allowed life here, on this planet are fucking insane. The complexity that allowed the simple combination of C=O is what allowed the simple formation of ribosomes. All this UFO crap is crap, the allowance of life to take space travel and to observe earth is just a weird idea. We are not that special.

#11 Posted by optimusprime223 (399 posts) -

Evidence is key in this, sorry dude but without it your arguement flat out fails. However, I would love it to be real and for aliens to have visited us on various occasions. I also like the idea posed in the anime series Guyver: humans were created by aliens as biological weapons, would explain a lot...

#12 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -
#13 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

Edit: I think it might also be good to mention that if this thread devolves into uncivil and aggressive discussion I and the other moderators will not be afraid to start moderating people.

THANK YOU!!!! My topics have been getting trolled on nonstop lately, thank you!

@Gamer_152 said:

If that one percent was right then it would be perfectly fine, but you don't have an argument unless you can show that those people are correct, and to this date I've not seen a single person be able to do that. To quote Carl Sagan "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", and the closest thing to evidence that the UFO-believers have ever been able to produce is blurry camera footage of lights in the sky and metallic floating objects. Remember, just because lots of people believe something doesn't mean that it's correct. Throughout history millions of people have believed all sort of nonsense about everything you can think of, that doesn't mean they were right.

However there are some pretty good stuff considering that there has been many eyewitness accounts from airforce men and just regular soldiers too. Considering these are the same people that have went on lie detector tests and passed with flying colors I think does give them some credience in their eye witness accounts IMO at least.

#14 Posted by oatz (1090 posts) -

Going by this, I'd say no.

#15 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Who do you think gave us cell phones?

#16 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Jay444111 said:

However there are some pretty good stuff considering that there has been many eyewitness accounts from airforce men and just regular soldiers too. Considering these are the same people that have went on lie detector tests and passed with flying colors I think does give them some credience in their eye witness accounts IMO at least.

It is possible to cheat a lie detector though, due to the nature of the things it looks for.

I haven't really considered it but I don't think it's impossible for other life to exist on planets. If UFOs are coming to earth and observing there is no guarantee they are observing us. Considering the sheer number of different species on earth humanity should not be considered the only species worthy of investigation. After all, Carl Sagan has another quote about humanity's delusion that we have some privileged place within the universe. If the universe is truly infinite the number of potential 'aliens' is infinite, so why would they all choose to spy on us?
#17 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

@Dany said:

To begin, I question if there is life on other planets. Yes there are millions of planets around millions of stars but the circumstances that have allowed life here, on this planet are fucking insane. The complexity that allowed the simple combination of C=O is what allowed the simple formation of ribosomes. All this UFO crap is crap, the allowance of life to take space travel and to observe earth is just a weird idea. We are not that special.

I always imagine that if there are alien life forms they require a different formation of chemicals to formulate life as they know it. That said, I agree with the second part of your post in that we are not that special.

In short: I'm open to the idea of alien life forms (and to be honest, it kind of excites me in a non-sexual way). But I don't think we've been visited by UFOs.

#18 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Just because you're military or ex-military doesn't make you credible. Money talks. If this was a serious debate in America, people would expose the hell out of it. I remember that big foot story awhile back, something that had the same feel as the UFO tinfoil hat crowd, look how that ended up. My advice is invest in a high-powered telescope, your chance of finding ET would multiply exponentially.

#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -
@Jay444111 said:

The lie detector test just proves that they weren't intentionally lying, people can still believe something entirely wrong and pass a lie detector. I think it says something that so many of these alien sightings are around air force bases though, it's almost as if they were just seeing human aircraft, isn't it? The problem is the human mind is very susceptible to misinterpretation, misremembering things, misconceptions, personifying inanimate objects or phenomena and just a whole host of delusions. The collection of eyewitness accounts of aliens that have been amassed really don't stand up as the infallible evidence some people would like to think they do.
#20 Posted by mac_n_nina (272 posts) -

@Jay444111: Aliens have definitely been here before. The common misconception is that they are violent and will attack us, but that is not the case. Every time they come to earth they help us. I hope a time comes when we coincide with Aliens. I would love to be an ambassador.

#21 Edited by MrCandleguy (813 posts) -
@Jay444111: I have to word this really carefully, I mean it in the nicest least offending way possible. 
 People believe in religion, MILLIONS AND MILLIONS. Some important people say they have even SEEN or FELT a god like presence. 

But without something more than lie detectors, it needs actual science behind it, then its fake till proven true. 

Do i believe in life on other planets? Hell yes, Do i believe they have contacted us? No, for all we know, we could be the only intelligent species capable of space travel. Hell maybe if there is other intelligent species out there are they close enough to reach us? Or do they even CARE about space? It might be weird to say, but maybe they don't notice space.     
#22 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@Vodun said:

JESUS WALKS AMONGST US!

700 posts later and you're still doing this troll shit? You haven't gotten bored of it yet? The same schtick after all these months? That's dedication, bro.

#23 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

@MrCandleguy: What if the Bible was written by aliens to trick ignorant human beings ?

O_O

Think about it.

#24 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1458 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
The problem is the human mind is very susceptible to misinterpretation, misremembering things, misconceptions, personifying inanimate objects or phenomena and just a whole host of delusions.
I've seen people mistake Venus and Jupiter for aircraft before, because they appeared to be rapidly moving across the sky. However, it was actually a light covering of low-level clouds that were moving, and without any treeline or other visual references in the field of view, this can most certainly make even the moon look like it's zipping across the sky at unnatural speed.
#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Shadow said:

Who do you think gave us cell phones?

exactly
#26 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Her name is Lupe, she folds my laundry, and she has every right to be here. I have the papers.

#27 Posted by Shrimpy (93 posts) -

People do stupid shit to get attention, just look at youtube. Also, I am an alien.

#28 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

All i know is, they may exist, the may not exist. But in any case, i have my AK-47 ready.
Also, I'd like to impart on you the wisdom, of a great man. Bill Hicks ladies and gentlemen. 

#29 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@Vodun said:

JESUS WALKS AMONGST US!

Merely pointing out a very similar concept but from another point of view, to maybe make you see why some people feel your stance on the subject is ludicrous.

#30 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

Well since there is no proof I guess they don't exist, just like the bible......Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Honestly I have no idea and neither does anyone else, but I'm always a person who hopes that stuff like aliens do exist. The fact that so many people are closed minded about stuff like aliens but then go to church just baffles me.

#31 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

Could there be life out there on other planets? Of course, it's relatively reasonable to assume so (though it's just an assumption). Not saying there is SENTIENT life out there, but I assume there is probably forms of plant matter out there that constitutes life. I could be wrong, but it's a rather difficult position to falsify. Though the burden of proof here is still to discover said life.

Is there any reason to assume that they are technologically advanced enough for space travel of any variety? Not really, not that we have any verifiable proof of. You could hypothesize that there is a sentient race of aliens, sufficiently technologically advanced for interspace travel, that have the technology to avoid most sophisticated equipment we have, but are somehow still stupid enough to be filmed by a guy's cell phone camera, are somehow interested in our species but have no desire to make any form of contact. Or Occam's Razor.

@Jay444111 said:

Yes, argumentum ad populum. See: The world being flat, medical systems of humors, conflicting religious beliefs that are widely held. Popularity of a belief speaks NOTHING for the veracity of a belief. I visited a town in the US where almost everyone swore that Japan was part of China. Yet despite the popularity of their belief, it isn't so.

#32 Posted by dudeglove (8319 posts) -

I miss the days of alien conspiracy theories. I much prefer those over the bullshit spouted by the xenophobic Truthers.

#OccupyArea51

#33 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@MrCandleguy said:

@Jay444111: I have to word this really carefully, I mean it in the nicest least offending way possible. People believe in religion, MILLIONS AND MILLIONS. Some important people say they have even SEEN or FELT a god like presence. But without something more than lie detectors, it needs actual science behind it, then its fake till proven true. Do i believe in life on other planets? Hell yes, Do i believe they have contacted us? No, for all we know, we could be the only intelligent species capable of space travel. Hell maybe if there is other intelligent species out there are they close enough to reach us? Or do they even CARE about space? It might be weird to say, but maybe they don't notice space.

The norse thought the stars was just the sun shining through holes in a giant fleece placed over the earth during times of rest.

#34 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Is it theoretically possible? Sure!

Is it at all likely? Absolutely not.

#35 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Slaker117:

#36 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

while, yes, i believe in aliens. i think that they have been around for a while. ever watch ancient aliens? the show shows some good stuff.

#37 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@clstirens: You make a good argument.
#38 Posted by Crash_Happy (737 posts) -

@Jay444111: You're highly unlikely to end up with the correct answer when your very premise is wrong.

#39 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

@xMP44x said:

@Jay444111 said:

It is possible to cheat a lie detector though, due to the nature of the things it looks for.

Not to mention that just because someone believes something doesn't make it true.

#40 Posted by masterpaperlink (1874 posts) -

your MUUUUUUUUUUUCH more likely to find a liar (there are countless motivations for lying about this stuff) than someone who's actually seen anything extraterrestrial or supernatural.

#41 Posted by JustKamToo (728 posts) -

Seriously would you want to contact us? I wouldn't

#42 Posted by Rekt_Hed (852 posts) -

wait......so you want a serious discussion about Aliens on a video game site???

You must be shrooming

#43 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

@MrCandleguy said:

@Jay444111: But without something more than lie detectors, it needs actual science behind it, then its fake till proven true.

The only thing that needs scientific proof behind it is science, and science is not a prerequisite for truth.

#44 Edited by Faint (833 posts) -

Talking to people about aliens is often like talking to a brick wall. From birth, we are brought up to believe we are 'it'. We are at the top of the food chain, but a bit of reading will tell you differently. It's no different to people with outrageous religious beliefs who won't be able to accept (for whatever personal reason) that what they believe probably isn't true, such as how most religions have direct story and character correlations to each other, all directly relating to astrology (this is thoroughly explained if you've ever seen zeitgeist, which you can find for free on youtube).

Read up on the Sumerian civilization (the earliest known human civilization) if you are actually interested in the existence of aliens. They believed there was a '12th planet' in our solar system called Nibiru that was home to the alien race the Anunanki, that had an orbital path that would make it enter our solar system everyone however may thousands of years (I can't remember off the top of my head). The reason this is intriguing however, is that they had carved seals that demonstrated our solar system and planets orbiting around the sun with their correct scale and orbital path, including this extra planet. We allegedly didn't know the Earth wasn't flat until thousands of years later. Also, the Egyptian pyramids point perfectly north, east, south, west and have been discovered to have most likely functioned as 'power stations', with evidence that they projected powerful energy into the sky. The pyramids are also built to be more accurate and more accurately cut than we are even capable of today, as well as being positioned when we would struggle to move the blocks with modern day machinery. So all these old civilizations believe that this sort of technology and knowledge was given to them by the gods, who were actual beings that existed among them. People often dismiss the intelligence of these ancient civilizations, but as already mentioned, they could do things we aren't even capable of today. How did they know orbital paths in space and correct planet size in ratio? It's mind boggling.

Whether modern day UFOs are real however is another matter altogether.

#45 Edited by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

@mazik765 said:

science is not a prerequisite for truth.

Um...what. What is true that is not scientifically verifiable.

EDIT: BELIEF is not something that is necessarily backed up by science, that's why it is a belief. If it's true, you can prove it scientifically.

#46 Posted by SuperCycle (333 posts) -

I have no doubt in my mind that extra terrestrial aliens do exist, but I highly doubt that they have visited earth before. I tend to think of Earth and Human as probably very isolated where we are, and I tend to believe that we would be the most advanced of species. I could see Amoeba existing, maybe even the beginnings of civilizations elsewhere, but we're probably the most advanced technologically.

#47 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

Yes.

Thousands of people believing they've seen or experienced something that never actually happened is common.

People used to believe in possession by demons or that women practiced witchcraft based on nothing but superstition and/or hysteria.

#48 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I believe that there must me some form of life out there, i mean there has to be juts think about how BIG the universe is. 

Do i believe that aliens have already visited? 

No, why would they just pass over an obviously inhabited world after seeing all the uninhabited ones? They wouldn't, they woud surely come and say hello. And if they had we would have some evidence, but we dont. 

@Jay444111 said:

@ez123 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Yep.

It requires having sanity and intelligence to be a General, oh, and let's not forget that he is willing to DESTROY his own career because of this. That is a big fucking deal.

Just because you are a high ranking officer doesnt mean you are sain... look at Gaddafi and hitler.
#49 Posted by sungahymn (1038 posts) -

Oh...You again.

#50 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

Yes.