I think im good enough to be in Coldplays's band!!!!

• 65 results
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By whackmypinata
destro said:
Correction. Music used to be an expression from the soul. Now its more of an expression from someones ass."
That's too fucking bad. Man, why do we have to live in the present?
Honestly, shut up. That's some of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.

And for the OP, I reccomend you don't post this on a gaming forum of uptight nerds such as myself. Post it on your facebook or myspace or what have you, but this is the least of places you'd go to post this.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

yet again you were awful just stop .

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vibratingdonkey
Austin said:
"Jayge said:
"Austin said:
"Here it is my Tpain one! Its called "Buy you Drank"
I admit I tried a little harder on this one so u can be critical.

"
You sound like you're straining your voice too hard. Is your natural range lower than that?"

Yeah, I did, I had to make my voice very high pitched like a woman's voice since my normal voice is kinda deep. I noticed that autotune doesn't work well with deep voices."
Then don't use autotune? Even if you can't sing, autotune just makes it sound even shittier. Talkboxes on the other hand, that be the shit dood.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By ParanoidFreak
HandsomeDead said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
"Austin said:

Not being able to sing didn't stop Bob Dylan, Tom Waits or that prick from AC/DC so why would it stop T-Pain and the amazingly talented Kanye West? To me, Autotune is a good sound which has just been overused. Particularly on 808s and Heartbreaks where it gets tiring by the midpoint of the album."
Kanye West is far from talented, he does covers for all of his music!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
Not being able to sing didn't stop Bob Dylan, Tom Waits or that prick from AC/DC so why would it stop T-Pain and the amazingly talented Kanye West? 
The singers of old put a lot of passion into it. Bob Dylan is a great example. You could tell he was feeling what he was singing.
We don't get people like Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin or Ozzy anymore, people with subpar voices that really feel the music and go all out when they perform. There's people with natural talent raping the ears with copious amounts of malisma, and then there's people who can't sing that make it sound like they can.

I have absolutely no problem with people "without talent" like Kanye West or T-Pain or whatever singing and making music, but I just feel that disguising yourself behind a program seems like a copout. Pouring your soul into something and making a terrific song with pitch correction over extreme effort on the performer's part seems lame to me.

Another thing: With pitch correction, we lose some of that really cool trivia that we always get from albums of old. In the song Aqualung by Jethro Tull, for example, there is a really feedbacky, somewhat offpitch note held in the solo. This note occured when the guitarist for Jethro Tull was waving to Jimmy Page (guitarist for Zeppelin, HandsomeDead) who had stepped in to watch him record. That kind of stuff is really, really interesting to me because it helps make the music, as I said before, more real. My music theacher once brought up a great point when it comes to music, or at least choral music. You will never perform a song the same way twice. Whether you change something or change your dynamics, someone sings louder, a person that usually sings loud backs off, etc. That is also really intriguing to me. The errors of music are just as fascinating to me as the things they did right, and there's people out there that disagree with me, I'm sure, but that's just how my development as a musician and listener has gone.

I guess there's no point in complaining, so I'll leave it at that. I think I've said all I want to on the subject, and I did it all without insulting Austin, I think!

That T-Pain thing isn't you, though. Sing low without an autotuner, and see what happens. Sing some old Frogman tunes or something.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By CreamyGoodness

not quite

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Claude

Go Deeper

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By rexualhealing
Arkthemaniac said:
The singers of old put a lot of passion into it. Bob Dylan is a great example. You could tell he was feeling what he was singing.
We don't get people like Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin or Ozzy anymore, people with subpar voices that really feel the music and go all out when they perform. There's people with natural talent raping the ears with copious amounts of malisma, and then there's people who can't sing that make it sound like they can.

I have absolutely no problem with people "without talent" like Kanye West or T-Pain or whatever singing and making music, but I just feel that disguising yourself behind a program seems like a copout. Pouring your soul into something and making a terrific song with pitch correction over extreme effort on the performer's part seems lame to me.

Another thing: With pitch correction, we lose some of that really cool trivia that we always get from albums of old. In the song Aqualung by Jethro Tull, for example, there is a really feedbacky, somewhat offpitch note held in the solo. This note occured when the guitarist for Jethro Tull was waving to Jimmy Page (guitarist for Zeppelin, HandsomeDead) who had stepped in to watch him record. That kind of stuff is really, really interesting to me because it helps make the music, as I said before, more real. My music theacher once brought up a great point when it comes to music, or at least choral music. You will never perform a song the same way twice. Whether you change something or change your dynamics, someone sings louder, a person that usually sings loud backs off, etc. That is also really intriguing to me. The errors of music are just as fascinating to me as the things they did right, and there's people out there that disagree with me, I'm sure, but that's just how my development as a musician and listener has gone.

I guess there's no point in complaining, so I'll leave it at that. I think I've said all I want to on the subject, and I did it all without insulting Austin, I think!

That T-Pain thing isn't you, though. Sing low without an autotuner, and see what happens. Sing some old Frogman tunes or something.
"
I totally agree with you.

The last great era of music was 80's post-punk. The Meat Puppets, Violent Femmes, The Replacements, pre-Capitol Records Butthole Surfers, Fugazi, Dinosaur Jr, the SST Records, Touch & Go, and Sub Pop bands, etc, etc... it may happen again one day, I hope to God it does, but any time soon? It's doubtful, indie gaming seems to be more attractive to true creative types right now.

Goddamn I was born too late.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Wolverine

I hate auto tuning with Viva La Vida

Avatar image for prowlingmongoose
prowlingmongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By prowlingmongoose

First of all, I do think his singing was alright. He did have the balls to do it, and for the style you're going for you performed quite well. I don't think it fits in as well with Viva la Vida as with Buy you a Drank, but its applaudable nonetheless. 

Secondly, I think it is unfair to say the 80's post punk era was the last great era for music. Although I will say most of my favorite songs are from the Sixties early rock period, I like a wide range of music, and there are good songs from the rap and hip-hop genre. I think many lesser known emerging musicians like W.A.L.E. have a great amount of talent, but almost every modern artist has a few songs I enjoy. I am appalled with the abundance of voice-altering technology used by today's talent, because I think that the back-end of music creation effects the quality of sound much less that the talent of the players themselves, but it is a necessary part of music's evolution. If Austin wants to sing a song with auto tuning, it should be judged against the quality of already existing media in this same style, and against that I thought it was pretty good.

Thar' ya go
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By c1337us

Bono hates you.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HandsomeDead
ParanoidFreak said:
"Kanye West is far from talented, he does covers for all of his music!"
Someone here doesn't understand the concept of a sample.

Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Not being able to sing didn't stop Bob Dylan, Tom Waits or that prick from AC/DC so why would it stop T-Pain and the amazingly talented Kanye West? 

"
I suppose this all relates to something I was saying before (At least I think I have and if I haven't, disregard that bit) about what it is you want from the music. Personally, if it's heartfelt but still sounds like garbage then I don't care. I'm not going to watch a terrible movie just because there was a lot of passion behind it or readng an awful book just because the author put their heart and soul into it and so i'm not going to do that with music either. When I listen to something, I want something that resonates with me, be it something by Fall Out Boy, Ferry Corsten or Frank Sinatra and they all have something more than passion.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Bulldog19892

That made me want to punch babies in the balls.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By LackLuster
Jayge said:
"That was so bad that it made my EYES bleed. MY EYES WEREN'T EVEN LISTENING."
great comment gratz
Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Mister_Snig

So here's my weird-ass stance on AutoTune:

IMO, it's actually not all that bad. The thing is, if you can't sing, don't go anywhere near it. I've messed around with AutoTune before, and you actually need to have a decent voice for it to sound nice. Otherwise, if you're a bit too flat or sharp, AutoTune will recognize the wrong notes and make you sound even worse. IIRC, Kanye, who should stay as far away from singing as possible, had this happen in his last album a few times. For those that can sing (like T-Pain who, believe it or not, is an okay singer without AutoTune), it's a neat little effect to use. But I don't like the fact that some singers are using it as their gimmick.

EDIT: Here's an example of AutoTune being used well. She uses AutoTune for this one video only, and she's a good singer.