I think I'm starting to come around on the colour yellow

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Suicrat

I used to vehemently hate the colour yellow, (some of you might remember that my first avatar on this site had a yellow background, but that was just so I could pick out my posts more easily), but lately when fooling around in my various image software programs, I've found more and more instances of yellow complementing other colours well.

Then again, if other people's reactions to my avatars are any index, I have a very bizarre sense of aesthetics compared to the rest of you.

Are there any other colours you used to hate but now don't mind wearing and/or using for other purposes?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

Yellow is awesome lol. I used to hate blue, now i wear it all the time.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine
@Suicrat: I used to really not like the color red but I started wearing it all the time now and I really like it now.
meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By meptron

Yeah, muthafukin' BROWN!!! It goes well with orange, amongst others.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bekern

Hey fuck you buddy, yellow's my favorite color >:(

Lol but I used to hate blue, like plain normal blue, I only liked wearing navy blue. My school colors were royal blue and white too and it used to annoy me. But now I'm pretty much the opposite...

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolverine
@Meptron said:
" Yeah, muthafukin' BROWN!!! It goes well with orange, amongst others. "
Personally I don't like brown with orange.  I like brown with sage much better.
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By NickL
@gingertastic_10 said:
"

"
@Wolverine said:
" @Suicrat: I used to really not like the color red but I started wearing it all the time now and I really like it now. "
by your color choices, you two are now mortal enemies, have fun
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8  Edited By gingertastic_10
@NickL said:
"@gingertastic_10 said:
"

"
@Wolverine said:
" @Suicrat: I used to really not like the color red but I started wearing it all the time now and I really like it now. "
by your color choices, you two are now mortal enemies, have fun"

Alright, I didnt know that.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Suicrat
@Wolverine:
Still no love for the colour red from me. I have a couple of red shirts, but I hardly ever wear them, and I never use it for design purposes.

@gingertastic_10:@bekern:
Yeah, there was a period during which I avoided the colour blue like the plague, but there's no point; blue has its uses.

@Meptron:
Brown's always been a good colour, and yes it goes well with orange, but did you know it also goes surprisingly well with light blue? (As long as there's some white in there to keep them from blending weird.)
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NickL
@Suicrat said:

so did you only wear brown and orange at some point in your life? it sounds like you just hated the concept of color...
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine
@Suicrat said:
" @Wolverine:
Still no love for the colour red from me. I have a couple of red shirts, but I hardly ever wear them, and I never use it for design purposes.

Yeah, there was a period during which I avoided the colour blue like the plague, but there's no point; blue has its uses.

@Meptron: Brown's always been a good colour, and yes it goes well with orange, but did you know it also goes surprisingly well with light blue? (As long as there's some white in there to keep them from blending weird.) "
Really? Blue and Brown? I would never think of mixing those two colors. I'll try it out though.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By subject2change

Used to hate everything that wasn't black for clothes lol.

Now I have a purple t-shirt, yellow/black/white shoes and red/black shoes as well as other stuff.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Suicrat
@NickL: What? No. I just used to not like the colours yellow and blue and I still don't like the colour red.

Green (several shades), purple, brown, blue, orange, teal; I have clothes with all these colours and I have used all these colours for different purposes.

(Though to be fair, my only shirt with teal in it is my road Sharks' Setoguchi jersey, and the only teal on that is the logo, the shoulders, and numbers... which actually is a lot. The Sharks did a good job of putting a good amount of their main colour on all 3 jerseys.)
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Suicrat
@Wolverine: Not just any shade of blue though, here let me see if I can find an example from the designs I've worked on recently....
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NickL
@Suicrat: when you say the sharks all i can think about is west side story.... maybe its cause i had to watch that movie every year for my entire middle school/high school life.... stupid school systems
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

I used to hate pink because I thought of it as a a "girl's color", but now it's my favorite.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NickL
@Black_Rose said:
"

I used to hate pink because I thought of it as a a "girl's color", but now it's my favorite.

"
my friends tell me purple is a girls color... but i dont care cause purple is awesome
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Commando

Orange sucks by itself, but next to blue it's the best combination in the WORLD. War Eagle

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Suicrat
@Commando: The Auburnite in you is saying that, Commando. Orange also goes well with many shades of grey, and many shades of green. Don't get me wrong though, I like the blue-orange combo (especially when some black is thrown in.)
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Suicrat
@NickL: That is the main reason why it sucks that the Winnepeg Jets moved to Phoenix ;)

Also, I couldn't find any of the good things I made with light blue and brown together, but here's something I whipped up really quick in MSPaint using the letter 'A'. I think some of you will agree that it's far from awful. (The colour scheme, that is, not the design.)
No Caption Provided
I think these 2 colours go well together because they are inverted versions of each other (approximately). Most complementary colours go well together (blue/orange, purple, yellow; but not green and red.)
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayge_
@Wolverine said:
" @Suicrat said:
" @Wolverine:

@Meptron: Brown's always been a good colour, and yes it goes well with orange, but did you know it also goes surprisingly well with light blue? (As long as there's some white in there to keep them from blending weird.) "
Really? Blue and Brown? I would never think of mixing those two colors. I'll try it out though.
"
My bedspread is brown and blue. It works really well.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolverine
@Suicrat said:
" @NickL: That is the main reason why it sucks that the Winnepeg Jets moved to Phoenix ;)

Also, I couldn't find any of the good things I made with light blue and brown together, but here's something I whipped up really quick in MSPaint using the letter 'A'. I think some of you will agree that it's far from awful. (The colour scheme, that is, not the design.)
No Caption Provided
I think these 2 colours go well together because they are inverted versions of each other (approximately). Most complementary colours go well together (blue/orange, purple, yellow; but not green and red.) "
Wow, those colors actually really work well together.
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By HairyMike87

Why do people spell the word "color" colour? It's friggin' wrong!

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Suicrat
@HairyMike87: Because in England (you know, where the language comes from) it's spelled "colour". The same is true of Canada, the half-state in which I live.
nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By nvmfst

I've always liked the colour yellow. I am getting sort of privvy to pink now.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By meptron

Brown works with blue also. I think brown is like Gray, it works with almost anything.

On another note, green and yellow also work really well together. Reminds me of my fav. football team, the Edmonton Eskimos (Canadian Football League).

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Suicrat

Yes, green and yellow go well together, and there are many great examples of it.

Though the best colour scheme in the CFL has to go to the Allouettes. Crimson, blue, silver. Great uniforms too.

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jesus
@HairyMike87 said:
" Why do people spell the word "color" colour? It's friggin' wrong! "
In America its spelled color. Quit trolling. Oh type in colour into google. And you will see all the websties have it listed as color. So I think colour is wrong
PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PJ

I actuall like red pretty much when it comes to clother. Theres nothing sweeter looking then red shorts(like my sweet red Quicksilver Boardshorts and my red and black Rip Curl boardshorts) or a red and black t-shirt and pants combo(red t and black pants that is)

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By clarke0

I like yellow a lot, especially when it's used to highlight stuff. I used to dislike red for a while but I'm ok with it now.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Diamond
@Suicrat said:
" I used to vehemently hate the colour yellow, (some of you might remember that my first avatar on this site had a yellow background, but that was just so I could pick out my posts more easily), but lately when fooling around in my various image software programs, I've found more and more instances of yellow complementing other colours well.Then again, if other people's reactions to my avatars are any index, I have a very bizarre sense of aesthetics compared to the rest of you.Are there any other colours you used to hate but now don't mind wearing and/or using for other purposes? "
Wow, I find myself agreeing with a lot of people today!

I too absolutely hated the color yellow.  It made me think of urine.

I think I understand what has changed my opinion on the color yellow.  It comes down to 2 main things : Zero Punctuation and Persona 4.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Suicrat

To all the people who use their experience of the internet as proof that the 'correct' spelling of the word "colour" is "color"; you need to understand you're using a US English Language pack. Other language packs will assert that the spelling of the word is different.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By HairyMike87
@Jesus: Thank you, Jesus, for agreeing with me.
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jesus

Hey man. It's color. Fucking uk.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Suicrat

It's "colour" in Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Ireland, Scotland, and South Africa as well. It's not right or wrong, it's a matter of geography, and in a global environment (like the internet), you need to accept that both spellings are fine.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nasar7

I've never disliked any color but I probably wear brown and white the least.

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jesus
@Suicrat said:
" It's "colour" in Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Ireland, Scotland, and South Africa as well. It's not right or wrong, it's a matter of geography, and in a global environment (like the internet), you need to accept that both spellings are fine. "
Damn your responding intelligently. your no fun. Fuck off.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Suicrat

Honestly, I can sympathize with the American desire to part ways from British Imperialism in its language (hence omitting 'U' from a bunch of words, replacing 'S's with 'Z's, inverting 'E' and 'R' at the ends of some words, but why not hold fast to that ideology consistently? Why acknowledge the authority of any monarchal power in any country? Why INSTALL monarchal authorities in other countries?

If you're going to be a patriot with your spelling, why not be a patriot on issues that matter?

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jesus
@Suicrat said:
" Honestly, I can sympathize with the American desire to part ways from British Imperialism in its language (hence omitting 'U' from a bunch of words, replacing 'S's with 'Z's, inverting 'E' and 'R' at the ends of some words, but why not hold fast to that ideology consistently? Why acknowledge the authority of any monarchal power in any country? Why INSTALL monarchal authorities in other countries?If you're going to be a patriot with your spelling, why not be a patriot on issues that matter? "
Relax man. I was just trying to fire some people up. I was trolling. I apologize.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Suicrat

Godlessness, you don't need to apologize, Jesus.

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jesus
@Suicrat said:
" Godlessness, you don't need to apologize, Jesus. "
No I was trying to be an ass. Sorry don't normally do that.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By penguindust

When I was in college, my entire wardrobe was black.  But, then I grew up and rediscovered color.  I like purple best which was my favorite color in elementary school.  There is a lot of good to be said about green, too.

I'm still not enough of a man to wear pink, though.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AndrewB

My favorite color was always red, as a kid. Then it changed to blue, and, more recently, I actually like the color pink. There isn't any color I hate, particularly. Yellow would probably be one of my least favorites, but... it has its uses, like all colors.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By Sabata

Blue is the only color for me.