I think its about time GB staff does sports games reviews.

• 65 results
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#51  Edited By tearhead

While I don't give two flying fucks about sports games, a significant amount of people do and Giant Bomb should really look into getting someone who is informed about sports games and can write about them. Giant Bomb should be looking to satisfy every major videogame consumer.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Giant Bomb isn't that type of website. There are plenty of other places that you can go to for sports games coverage that would do a better job of it. Other sites have people that specialize in sports games that would provide more informative insight into the quality of a particular title. The Giant Bomb staff have already said their knowledge on such things is limited, which is why they don't bother with it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By JJWeatherman

I brought this up before, but I thought they should have grabbed Aaron Thomas before he decided to go to Bitmob. I thinks that's the solution, bringing someone else in.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By MKHavoc

It'd be a waste of time.  Not enough people on this site would read them.  It's not like the people who do look for those  reviews don't know where to find them. 

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By landon

There are plenty of websites you could go to to see a sports game review. Also, there's no point in reviewing them anyway because they sell like hot cakes regardless.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By landon

There are plenty of websites you could go to to see a sports game review. Also, there's no point in reviewing them anyway because they sell like hot cakes regardless.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Hire me i love sports games! im dead serious!

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#58  Edited By damnboyadvance
@TwoOneFive said:
" @damnboyadvance said:
" @TwoOneFive: Does this answer your  question?

"...Giant Bomb isn't interested in the fire-hose approach to video game coverage. Our editorial team is small and experienced, and our job is to highlight the stuff that we feel is significant, either to us on a personal level, or for video games at large. That's not everything, but it's still a lot. Though, we're not real big on sports games, so don't expect too much meaningful/informed Madden coverage.     "

"
dude, be real, thats bullshit if you think about it

these guys review a ton of games, and thats just the main four, others sometimes step in for different reviews. but yeah, they review far moer games, many of which are really under the radar type. 

im just saying there has got to be somebody willing to do sports games reviews for GB."
Dude, this is what it said in Help. I didn't write it. Don't tell me it's bullshit.
Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're barking up the wrong tree here.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rowr

I cant see it. They have a hard enough time providing any sort of intelligent pc game coverage.

thank god for Dave Snider.

vinsanity09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By vinsanity09

Wow, so much ignorance in this thread, almost every posts can be sum up by this: "I don't like sports games so they suck"

I get it, you don't like sports or sports games, no need to act like the whole world is supposed to think like you

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Karmum
@natetodamax said:

" Difference between the Madden games each year: This guy is on that team and that guy is on this team. They would be too difficult to review, and nobody would care. "

It makes me wonder if the people that openly criticize annual sports games like Madden are the ones that actually don't play it at all. Complaining about how it's a roster update with minuscule differences. Not for a few minutes, but actually extensively play it.

Chances are they don't.

Besides, it's their website. If they don't want to review the common sports games like NHL 10, NBA 2K & Live and Madden, that's their choice.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@vinsanity09 said:
" Wow, so much ignorance in this thread, almost every posts can be sum up by this: "I don't like sports games so they suck"  I get it, you don't like sports or sports games, no need to act like the whole world is supposed to think like you "
+1 

However, I don't think GB should review sports games as many other outlets do a perfectly fine job, and considering most sports games do what they say on the tin, I think it would be a waste of time that could be spent reviewing games people wouldn't know anything about in other genres. 

Also, as the figures have proven, a larger share of the buyers of non sports games come here than the share of buyers of sports games, see UFC vs Bionic commando, one outsold the other many times over but the people who played on this site wasn't nearly as far apart.
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By bonbolapti

@Video_Game_King said:

" @bonbolapti:   Or maybe it's hard to rephrase the same Mega Man review about 21 times. What am I supposed to add to that? "

You should probably stop playing the same megaman game then, because the differences are pretty noticable.
Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Arjuna
@EpicSteve said:
" From what they've said, they aren't qualified to review typical sports games."
TThis.  The Giantbomb staff, like me, don't seem all that interested in sports.  I think sports games assumes an interest in sports.  When they make a curling game maybe then I'll be interested.