Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

I am someone who writes his own gaming blog on a Word Press site. Now, I get some views, not a ton, but I enjoy writing regardless. However, This community seems to be active, and a good place to try and put down some extra roots. To that end, I am going to start throwing my blog posts here. But before I do I should introduce myself.

Hey there! I'm Ray and I like vidja games. I sit around at a pointless desk job all day and think about games when I am not playing them. I drink too much, play too many games and cry for my wallet whenever a Steam sale comes around. I am one of those people who wishes they could write about games full time, making half the money I currently make, living in some crappy apartment but doing what I love. Until such a day when I either give up, or actually make that want come true, I will continue to write in this capacity. Hope you enjoy it, or don't. I don't really care.

#1 Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

I am someone who writes his own gaming blog on a Word Press site. Now, I get some views, not a ton, but I enjoy writing regardless. However, This community seems to be active, and a good place to try and put down some extra roots. To that end, I am going to start throwing my blog posts here. But before I do I should introduce myself.

Hey there! I'm Ray and I like vidja games. I sit around at a pointless desk job all day and think about games when I am not playing them. I drink too much, play too many games and cry for my wallet whenever a Steam sale comes around. I am one of those people who wishes they could write about games full time, making half the money I currently make, living in some crappy apartment but doing what I love. Until such a day when I either give up, or actually make that want come true, I will continue to write in this capacity. Hope you enjoy it, or don't. I don't really care.

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Welcome, Ray. Looking forward to your blogs. I hope your focus is on gameplay, not cutscenes and story.

#3 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Welcome, welcome. Have good opinions, don't be a dick and you should be fine around here. I'll be interested to see what you bring to the table.

#4 Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

Gameplay is my focus, always is. I like a good story, but I am more likely to love a story-free platformer for the tight mechanics than I am to wax poetic about some convoluted JRPG love story. I am a sucker for games that bring it all together though.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36007 posts) -

Could we see some of your writing? Also, your username doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:

Welcome, Ray. Looking forward to your blogs. I hope your focus is on gameplay, not cutscenes and story.

You seem like a person who's really angry at cutscenes and games that have a story(or just born angry in general) 
Be careful or one day you might be so angry about it that your heart will just say "fuck it" and give up on you. 

Sit down and relax and start talking about something else in every thread :P
#7 Posted by Rebel_Scum (634 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Could we see some of your writing? Also, your username doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

oooooh blogger fight! lol.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

You seem like a person who's really angry at cutscenes and games that have a story(or just born angry in general) Be careful or one day you might be so angry about it that your heart will just say "fuck it" and give up on you. Sit down and relax and start talking about something else in every thread :P

Haha I'm not angry, I just really like gameplay.

#9 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

You seem like a person who's really angry at cutscenes and games that have a story(or just born angry in general) Be careful or one day you might be so angry about it that your heart will just say "fuck it" and give up on you. Sit down and relax and start talking about something else in every thread :P

Haha I'm not angry, I just really like gameplay.

Good!  
Wouldn't want you dying of a rage induced heart attack :P
#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Welcome to the site, Ray. Here's excitement towards your opportunity to write some new thoughtful content that helps our community grow even stronger.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Good luck to you! Super jealous though, I wish could write even somewhat well.

#12 Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

Well thanks for the myriad responses while I was out food shopping! I will be posting a couple of recent blog posts from my Word Press site on here, let you guys see if I am worth keeping up with. One of these is about that unfortunate addiction I cannot kick, WoW, but especially on this blog I will be trying to keep that stuff to a minimum.

#13 Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: My name is just for the lame attempt at alliteration. Really I like to think I don't rant...much. Or if I do it's at least researched and well informed.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Rays_Gaming_Rants: Welcome to the best video game website, I mean check out these hot video game related videos.

#15 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

The time is now?

#16 Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

Well at least to have people hopefully read my stuff, sure.

#17 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4578 posts) -

As a wise man once said, greatness is 10% inspiration and 90% getting your name out there.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36007 posts) -

@Rays_Gaming_Rants:

Fair enough, although I'd still like to see some actual blogging. (Not today, obviously, given that you've reached your post limit.)

#19 Posted by Rays_Gaming_Rants (64 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I put up some of my recent blogs. So have a look if you want. I am no Oscar Wilde of gaming but I like it enough.