I totally applied to Giant Bomb

MasterSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By MasterSquirrel

That is a thing that I did. Haven't heard anything from them yet. Maybe they're just laughing at my application with Dave Lang. I would be honored for Dave Lang to laugh at my application. I would cry tears of joy and sorrow of equal measure. I would even do scientific studies to confirm that the amount of joy and sorrow are perfectly equivalent in my tears.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What position did you apply for? I applied for the internship. I can totally relate to what you said, because even getting a call would be like a dream come true for me. Best of luck to the both of us!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I advise you cease using "totally" in this manner if you hope to be a journalist of some kind.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

@sinusoidal said:

I advise you cease using "totally" in this manner if you hope to be a journalist of some kind.

Well this isn't an article so no biggie.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Draugen

I don't know. Knowing the state of modern journalism, such language might actually help more than it hurts. Help him fit right in.

Good luck, duder.

MasterSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: I appreciate your recommendation and will take it under advisement in the future.

@afabs515: I applied for the Associate Editor position, though it was changed to Sr. Editor recently. I wish you luck in your internship application.

I actually stumbled on the opening after being unable to fall asleep early this month. I had been thinking about jobs and wondered "Oh hey, isn't CBS the parent company for Giant Bomb? I wonder if there are any jobs that they're looking to fill." It felt really strange to just happen to find a job opening at Giant Bomb after that.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not even a subscriber, huh...

Reaction GIF: no, disappointed, Jonathan Banks, Mike Ehrmantraut, Breaking Bad

jk

MasterSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterSquirrel

@aegon: I know... I am overwhelmed by shame.

No Caption Provided

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It'll be screened by HR beforehand so we don't even know how many applications will eventually end up with Jeff and co. Good luck duder!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough break for any other squirrels thinking of applying.

MasterSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MasterSquirrel

It's like when amateur chefs apply to the same position as a master chef. Or when those aspiring to be an Evil Lord find that their favorite castle already has a master. I feel sorry for all the lesser squirrels out there. Not enough to stop being a master, but still.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By csl316

This is an interesting thing for the site. Up til now, it seemed like friends and acquaintances had a fast track in.

I'm sure wading through the handful of applications forwarded from HR must be... frightening? I mean, Jeff's been in charge and Rorie's the Boss of Bosses, but I'm sure these days they're getting links to awkward Youtube videos and blog posts full of .gifs.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@sinusoidal said:

Well this isn't an article so no biggie.

With Giant Bomb being a personality driven site it doesn't matter that it's not an article. The attitudes, tones and mannerisms of the staff are visible in text, on video and in audio all over, not just in a professional setting. With the site's emphasis on personality that needs to be consistent across the board.

MasterSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: You're absolutely right, and in order to protect my integrity and consistency as a writer I must immediately incorporate the word "totally" into my every day speech and mannerisms. Use of such words merely for comedic purposes is totally misleading and like, wrong on so many totally important levels. I will strive to be, like, more consistent in the future. Totally.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mosespippy: Is the word "totally" a violation of the Giant Bomb personality guide?

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@milkman said:

@mosespippy: Is the word "totally" a violation of the Giant Bomb personality guide?

Totally.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@mastersquirrel said:

@mosespippy: You're absolutely right, and in order to protect my integrity and consistency as a writer I must immediately incorporate the word "totally" into my every day speech and mannerisms. Use of such words merely for comedic purposes is totally misleading and like, wrong on so many totally important levels. I will strive to be, like, more consistent in the future. Totally.

Rad, boiiiiii.

MasterSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers