• 74 results
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EliasT

I totally watched through the entirety of Strike Witches in 24 hours, great anime, I liked the second season more than the first a bit, though, and season 2 episode 6 had an adorable montage that you have to see for yourself (AKA I cannot find a video of the specific scene on YouTube), but anyways, watch that anime.

So you're probably going to yell at me "ANIME IS FOR JERKS" or "LOLOLOL WHY ISN'T THIS A BLOG POEST", but there is an inherent point to this thread, here is my question. Have you ever marathoned an anime in a day? How quickly have you finished an anime series? Has anyone here ever watched through an entire 26 episode anime in 24 hours? I really want to do that some day. 

Oh, please no spam.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

I don't have that kind of endurance for ANYTHING, so I salute you (but no I think my longest was 3 hours maybe)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I think Trigun was mine.  

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EliasT
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" I think Trigun was mine.   "
How long was that? I've heard a lot about that anime. What is it even about?
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By recroulette

Were the episodes one hour long? If not...then...that's not really a big deal.

I've done 26 in 14 hours. Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei back to back.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By RelentlessKnight

So what. I watched Monster for about a few days straight and its about 70 episodes... its really nothing special

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EliasT
@RecSpec said:

" Were the episodes one hour long? If not...then...that's not really a big deal. I've done 26 in 14 hours. Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei back to back. "

Nice, were they good animes?

Oh, and no they were typical 25 minute episodes (though I pretty much skipped all of the title sequences, I watched each opening and ending for both seasons at least once, though). It's just cool to me because the most I was ever able to do before this was 11. Watching all of that in one day is kinda hard, you know? Because if you want to tell a friend about it (I don't have friends anymore, I gave up on that pretty much, so that doesn't really effect me) it's hard to remember the specific details, so I've made it a point to remind myself of specific Strike Witches set pieces so I'll never forget that anime or that awesome day.
Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

I'm more of a "take your time and enjoy yourself" kind of guy.  I rarely do marathons of any kind.  I have the free time for now, but I don't think I usually have that much time to spend on that.  For me, I think it'd just be a question of having something I was willing and able to watch in a marathon like that.  I'd be hard pressed to come up with such a series, though.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@DragonBloodthirsty said:
" I'm more of a "take your time and enjoy yourself" kind of guy.  I rarely do marathons of any kind.  I have the free time for now, but I don't think I usually have that much time to spend on that.  For me, I think it'd just be a question of having something I was willing and able to watch in a marathon like that.  I'd be hard pressed to come up with such a series, though. "
Same. I try to limit myself to two or three episodes a day, I don't like blowing through things like that.
Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By OppressiveStink

Back in about 1999 I marathoned Evangelion, Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion.  I had just graduated and got some buddies together to watch it in one sitting.  This was way back when to get fansubs, you had to send a blank tape to the subber and he sent it to you.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EliasT
@OppressiveStink said:
" Back in about 1999 I marathoned Evangelion, Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion.  I had just graduated and got some buddies together to watch it in one sitting.  This was way back when to get fansubs, you had to send a blank tape to the subber and he sent it to you. "
Nice.
Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Dysnomia

I saw Elfen Lied in one sitting, but that was only 13 episodes that were 25 minutes long.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By StarFoxA

Dude, I can't marathon anything. I had difficulty watching ONE of the extended edition Lord of the Rings movies, and I freaking LOVE those movies.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demyx

No, I definitely do not have the time to do that. I've kept myself focused on just one show instead of others for a couple of days, but not in one sitting. Last year I watched all 5 seasons of lost to get ready for the final season. that was probably the most recent one.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I take my time with watching anime like I started watching K-on season 1 last year and I'm barely at episode six.
:\

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Cramsy

Tried this with Code Geass R2 but uni assignments really killed the roll I had going. 5 episodes left and still very much hooked. 

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EliasT
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" I take my time with watching anime like I started watching K-on season 1 last year and I'm barely at episode six. :\ "
AAAAAAH!! I can't do that! Because I worry if I don't finish it quick I'll forget to watch it and something will fuck up and I'll have lost my opportunity to see it (usually for me this means the uploader's account gets banned on YouTube). I have Yu Yu Hakusho on my hard drive right now, the entire manga series, and you know what? I spoiled the ending for myself, because I was so fucking sick of waiting, you know? I had sat on that anime for 2 years. I finished Cowboy Bebop in 3 days, what an experience for me that show was.
RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18  Edited By RJay_64
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" I take my time with watching anime like I started watching K-on season 1 last year and I'm barely at episode six. :\ "
How much can you possibly be enjoying the show if it's taking that long?  When I like a show, I can't wait to see the next episode. 
Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By Forcen

Did this with Nyan Koi, that's 12 just episodes but still.

I spread them out over months usually.

nutzach7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nutzach7777

I watched all 12 episodes of Onegai Teacher in one sitting. Probably because it was so sexually frustrating that I had to see the next episode until he finally freaking KISSED her. Anyways, it's a good show if anyone hasn't heard of it. Never heard of Strike Witches (I usually watch anime based on recommendations from friends) so I'm downloading it now.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EliasT
@nutzach7777: Hahaha, you'll be in for a suprise, Strike Witches pulls no punches with it's fanservice, the girls in it don't even wear any pants hahaha.
nutzach7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nutzach7777

Have you heard of Onegai Teacher though? People might say it's lame (and I agree about a lot of it) but I dunno, there were a lot of points that I thought it was pretty good. 

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EliasT
@nutzach7777:  Isn't that the anime about that dude that has a crush on his teacher?
nutzach7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nutzach7777
@EliasT: Kinda. The anime starts out with him explaining what he calls a "standstill". Basically, he passes out and time stops for him. Then fit hits the shan when his teacher (who is from another planet) lands near him by a lake.  

Another really good anime (better than Onegai Teacher) is Shuffle. Also very pervy but it reminds me of Tenchi because it's like 4 or 5 girls around one guy. lol 
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EliasT
@nutzach7777:  I tried watching Shuffle, it reminded me quite a bit of Love Hina, have you seen that before? I just remember sneaking that anime while my dad wasn't looking, because my computer used to be in the living room where my dad also did his work. It was so awesome to me back then, all of the slapstick and everything made me have to furiously attempt to stop myself from chuckling too loudly. My dad would be so embarrassed of me if he figured out I watched that and loved it like I did.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox

How long are the episodes though?

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EliasT
@MrKlorox said:
" How long are the episodes though? "
25 minutes each.
Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

no anime marathons here, but i watched the entirety of this korean show (126 eps, usually about 22 mins long) in about a week and a half

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox

Oh... psshhh. 

That's 600 minutes total. I watched an entire season of Hell's Kitchen @16 episodes for 45 mins each in 13 hours. 720 minutes of a British dude being a prick.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By RobotHamster

I've had my fair share of anime marathons, not all were a day but were finished within the week.  I'll check out strike witches, any others you recommend I'm all out of ideas of what to watch next I've been watching a lot.  

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By ESREVER

I plan on doing this with a friend within the next couple of weeks.  
Were thinking about burning through Black Lagoon. 

I've burned through quite a few anime within 24 hours. Gantz and Elfen Lied being a couple of them. But I've found that its better to divvy up the episodes into like sets of 5 a day. That way you're still able to savor the show, and get through it relatively fast. 

Plus, if I marathoned through all of Clannad, my emotions would be so effed up. I don't know what I would have done with myself.

shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shadyspace

I could do that but it'd have to be Evangelion or some shit, something that was worth a whole day's loss.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EliasT
@RobotHamster said:
" I've had my fair share of anime marathons, not all were a day but were finished within the week.  I'll check out strike witches, any others you recommend I'm all out of ideas of what to watch next I've been watching a lot.   "
This is probably a stupid question, but have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop? If not, DO THAT NOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU.
Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Akrid
@SethPhotopoulos:  Same!

Probably done it with a few more since then, but I can't remember.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Capum15

Hmm.

I watched the entirety of Love Hina in roughly a week. I watched Shuffle! but I can't really remember any of it or the time frame. But I think the fastest I've finished a series was with Black Lagoon in about two or three days. Sky Girls (same animator who does Strike Witches, but I haven't seen SW) was a few days too. But yeah, I think Black Lagoon is the fastest I've watched one (24 episodes if I recall correctly). Oh wait, two more contenders that I just remembered: Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga. I finished both those pretty fast; the first is awesome, the second kills braincells in an awesome way, but, again, I think Black Lagoon is still the fastest (and one of my favorites, I still re-watch it a lot).

Which reminds me, Season 3 of Black Lagoon is being made. Sweet.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By scarace360

Thats not that hard. And you could done about 3 episodes an hour.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Afroman269

Can't marathon that stuff.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By JJOR64

I used to be able to watch a ton of episodes in a row in one night, but I can't do that as much anymore.  The most I usually watch in a marathon session is around 6-8.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EliasT
@scarace360 said:
" Thats not that hard. And you could done about 3 episodes an hour. "
It is if you had to sleep and do the laundry before and during the marathon, I also went to 7-11, and took a few snack breaks, so I think I did great. The best part was that it was right at 24 hours, I started watching it at 11:48 PM and finished the anime at 11:48 PM the next day.
shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shadyspace
@EliasT said:
" @RobotHamster said:
" I've had my fair share of anime marathons, not all were a day but were finished within the week.  I'll check out strike witches, any others you recommend I'm all out of ideas of what to watch next I've been watching a lot.   "
This is probably a stupid question, but have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop? If not, DO THAT NOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. "
Sounds interesting, what's it about?
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hourai

I can't get myself to watch more than 2 or 3 episodes in a day, if at all. 

shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shadyspace
@JJOR64 said:
" I used to be able to watch a ton of episodes in a row in one night, but I can't do that as much anymore.  The most I usually watch in a marathon session is around 6-8. "
lol
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By scarace360
@EliasT: ok you have a point o ya and i went through the first 300 epsiodes of one piece in 4 days.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By JJOR64
@shadyspace said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" I used to be able to watch a ton of episodes in a row in one night, but I can't do that as much anymore.  The most I usually watch in a marathon session is around 6-8. "
lol "
I'm talking about now.  I used to be able to watch 10+, but I just can't do that anymore.
Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Popogeejo

By no means a day but I gunned through Legend of Galactic Heroes over a long weekend.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EliasT
@shadyspace said:
" @EliasT said:
" @RobotHamster said:
This is probably a stupid question, but have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop? If not, DO THAT NOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. "
Sounds interesting, what's it about? "
Oh no
OH NO
OH NO!!!!!

SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN, HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT COWBOY BEBOP!

Check out that link, it's seriously my all time favorite anime, nothing else compares to it.
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EliasT
@scarace360 said:
" @EliasT: ok you have a point o ya and i went through the first 300 epsiodes of one piece in 4 days. "
HO
LY
SHIT

HOW DID YOU EVEN DO THAT WITHOUT DYING FROM LACK OF SLEEP.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#48  Edited By Hailinel

I still have yet to subject myself to the EVA Challenge.  All 26 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion back-to-back.  From Zero to Total Mindfuck within less than a day.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By scarace360
@EliasT: yo its called a 12 pack of pussy energy drink and enough food to kill a small child.
shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By shadyspace
@EliasT:  Haha, I was just kidding. You should look at people's avatars more closely :P