• 89 results
#51 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

@jtman54179 said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

So this made me want to watch the Call Me Maybe video and I have to say that twist ending is pretty fucking good.

As someone who has not seen the full video.... you made want to watch it completely to see this "twist" ending...

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I remember the first time the video came on TV I was pretty neutral while watching...until the ending. I chuckled. Also:

@SoothsayerGB said:

@FancySoapsMan said:

I'm voting for Call Me Maybe.
#52 Posted by AlexW00d (6436 posts) -

@wjb said:

Sorry, but "deserves" in relation to "VMA" is funny to me. I guess because I don't know what that means anymore. I'm sure even if Frank Ocean doesn't win, he'll have a longer career than any of the other artists combined.

All I know about that "Call Me Maybe" video is that pretty boy has the worst tattoos. Like, I think 90% of tattoos are terrible already and not as interesting as the people claim them to be, but how hard did the people at the parlor laugh at him before he got "The Sky Is the Limit" across his chest? Fuck outta here.

And he has a really fucking small head.

#53 Posted by amir90 (2178 posts) -

But I like call me maybe...

#54 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

People need to get off this trendy shit of Frank Ocean is the best shit ever and he fucking rocks.

#55 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

So, One Direction just won. Fuck every single person who voted for that shitty boy band.

#56 Posted by MaxxS (206 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

So, One Direction just won. Fuck every single person who voted for that shitty boy band.

EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME TASTE IN MUSIC AS ME IS A PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT AND THEY SHOULD ALL FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES.

#57 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@MaxxS said:

@Demoskinos said:

EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME TASTE IN MUSIC AS ME IS A PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT AND THEY SHOULD ALL FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES.

Seriously, how embarrassing.

#58 Posted by MaxxS (206 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@MaxxS said:

@Demoskinos said:

I'm not sure why it's worth getting angry over a group that appeals to teenagers winning an award from an award show that appeals to teenagers.

#59 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

killeveryoneinthisthreadbutton.jpg

#60 Posted by Donkeycow (558 posts) -

@Rabid619 said:

Oh god, he's against Call Me Maybe? This is a war that we cannot win. Take solace in the fact that even being nominated will give a HUGE boost to his popularity.

I love my country, but the shit coming out of it recently is painful. First the Biebs, now Carly? Why, Canada, why?

Hey man, Canada is dope and we need to tell all the American preteens how dope it is. In 30 years time relations between Canada and the USA will be at an all time high thanks to the brave efforts of Bieber and Jepsen.... just you wait and see...

#61 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

@MaxxS said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@MaxxS said:

@Demoskinos said:

I'm not sure why it's worth getting angry over a group that appeals to teenagers winning an award from an award show that appeals to teenagers.

Who's angry? I'm not. I think Frank got robbed. And why it matters is because the best new artist usually gets a ton of mainstream attention which frank would really benefit from. Granted, dude is so talented he will most likely still make it big (hopefully) but it would be nice to see him get recognized. On another note... I ended up missing the VMA's because I had no idea they were on anyways. Was too busy watching some sick DJ-ing on TNT

#62 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MaxxS said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@MaxxS said:

@Demoskinos said:

Who's angry? I'm not. I think Frank got robbed. And why it matters is because the best new artist usually gets a ton of mainstream attention which frank would really benefit from. Granted, dude is so talented he will most likely still make it big (hopefully) but it would be nice to see him get recognized. On another note... I ended up missing the VMA's because I had no idea they were on anyways. Was too busy watching some sick DJ-ing on TNT

But Frank Ocean does get mainstream attention.

Also you said fuck every single person who voted for that shitty boy band = You might be a tad bit angry.

#63 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Demoskinos said:

@MaxxS said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@MaxxS said:

@Demoskinos said:

Also you said fuck every single person who voted for that shitty boy band = You might be a tad bit angry.

I guess I might be "angry" if your definition of "angry" is sipping on a cherry coke while playing Castlevania:Lords of Shadows. =p

#64 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Demoskinos said:

@MaxxS said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@MaxxS said:

@Demoskinos said:

I guess I might be "angry" if your definition of "angry" is sipping on a cherry coke while playing Castlevania:Lords of Shadows. =p

Oddly enough that is my definition.

;)

#65 Posted by MechaKirby (261 posts) -

I like that one song by One Direction. I'm not afraid to admit it. Sorry your mancrush lost. Every year that Brad Pitt doesn't win Best Actor at the Oscars I go through what you're going through now.

#66 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

@MechaKirby said:

I like that one song by One Direction. I'm not afraid to admit it. Sorry your mancrush lost. Every year that Brad Pitt doesn't win Best Actor at the Oscars I go through what you're going through now.

He deserves about twenty oscars for Fight Club. God. I love him in that so much.

#67 Edited by Vrikk (951 posts) -

First off, "who?"

Second off, the VMAs are a joke.

#68 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

FRANK OCEAN MUST WIN AN AWARD FROM ONE OF THE TEN MOST IMPORTANT MUSIC AWARDS SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#69 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (514 posts) -

Fuck the VMA's. Just keep listening to Channel Orange and you'll feel okay.

#70 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

You don't know you're beautiful.

#71 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

Sorry bro, nice try though.

#72 Posted by steveurkel (165 posts) -

your song sucks, listen, I don't like main stream music but this video & song really fucking suck.

call me maybe at least has a hot chick and is a catchy song. you have nothing going for this piece of shit.

re-evaluate your taste in music.

#73 Posted by Fattony12000 (7565 posts) -

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

#74 Edited by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@steveurkel said:

your song sucks, listen, I don't like main stream music but this video & song really fucking suck. call me maybe at least has a hot chick and is a catchy song. you have nothing going for this piece of shit. re-evaluate your taste in music.

Obvious troll is obvious, but seriously. If you're bumming off Frank Ocean so much that you really give a shit if he wins a VMA, there's something wrong. Usually VMAs are there so you can look at the award winners and make a list of music you should never listen to at all costs. Him not winning is a good thing to be honest, and I like Frank Ocean.

Also, neither of them are fucking new artists so this is a load of bollocks in all honesty.

#75 Edited by PenguinDust (12629 posts) -

People still watch the VMAs? I had no idea. Since MTV barely plays music these days, I was wondering if they even still had the show.

#76 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1472 posts) -

No soup for you.

#77 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:

People still watch the VMAs? I had no idea. Since MTV barely plays music these days, I was wondering if they even still had the show.

My reaction exactly.
#78 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -
@PenguinDust

Of course they would. It brings them tons of attention. You can argue how much they matter but people talk about them and at the end of the day that's what matters to MTV
#79 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

Carly Rae is cute. The VMA's are lame. Really what the hell was my point?

#80 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

Frank Ocean was on Watch the Throne . . . I think. Whatever, like I'm doing any Facebook voting bullshit haha

#81 Edited by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

I voted for Billy Ocean by accident...please forgive me...

#82 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -
@MideonNViscera

Frank Ocean was on Watch the Throne . . . I think. Whatever, like I'm doing any Facebook voting bullshit haha

Yeah, he was on the second track called "No Church in the wild" my second favorite song on the album behind Niggas in Paris.
#83 Edited by ProfessorEss (7518 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:

Frank is by far the best thing to hit Hip Hop in years.

I didn't check out your "find out more" link but after listening to the song I don't really hear any "hip-hop" in the video you linked, let alone the "the best thing to hit hip-hop in years"?   

Maybe I'm too old, maybe I'm missing something but this song sounded pretty much like everything else that's up for awards these days and I don't understand how voting for this pop song is any different than voting for a pop song like Call Me Maybe.
#84 Edited by Chop (1998 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

@Demoskinos said:

Frank is by far the best thing to hit Hip Hop in years.

I didn't check out your "find out more" link but after listening to the song I don't really hear any "hip-hop" in the video you linked, let alone the "the best thing to hit hip-hop in years"? Maybe I'm too old, maybe I'm missing something but this song sounded pretty much like everything else that's up for awards these days and I don't understand how voting for this pop song is any different than voting for a pop song like Call Me Maybe.

Yeah, I agree with this. That just sounded like a typical top 40 pop song. Apparently, I'm more out of touch with popular trends in hip hop than I thought.

*Slinks back to the shadowy underground*

#85 Posted by J12088 (462 posts) -

I voted one direction. Don't like ocean.

#86 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MideonNViscera

Yeah, he was on the second track called "No Church in the wild" my second favorite song on the album behind Niggas in Paris.

Mine's Murder to Excellence. "I arrived on the day Fred Hampton died, uh, real niggas just multiply" haha So Awesome.

#87 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1005 posts) -

This prompted me to watch the Call me Maybe music video, and yeah, that twist at the end Was pretty good, i'm afraid your post actually got the opposition a vote.

#88 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@SmilingPig said:

God I’m old. This crap sounds horrible to me.

No, you just have taste.

#89 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

MTV still exists?

#90 Posted by Dixavd (1369 posts) -

As someone who saw the formation of One Direction on the X Factor (they all started as solo artists and were put together on the show), I am actually pretty happy that they are doing so well and got awards like these. I personally don't like the types of music that they make (and for quite a few of them, I prefer the style they had as solo artists a little more - like one of them can out-Bubble Michael Bubble; it was really quite astounding how versatile his voice was, I think it was Liam but I only got that from googling the members of the band and trying to remember which one looked closest like the guy in my memory). But, there is no question that they can sing and they make good music for what it is. And the Carly girl has been doing this stuff for over 10 years now apparently so it is nice to see her breakthrough even if it isn't my kind of music.

Honestly, popularity votes aren't about music (and the VMA's in general aren't) so I don't think it should bother anyone that pop artists generally get them (which is sort of the point). If it was an award like an Ivor Novello Award then I would be saying One Direction doesn’t deserve it, but it isn't. Generally speaking popularity awards are very fleeting and give a boost to sales of their music for a very short period of time, awards like the one I mentioned tend to not be as big of a public thing but are listened to a lot more in the industry and tend to keep artists in contracts for longer even if they have an album that doesn't go as expected.