• 55 results
#1 Posted by DriveupLife (909 posts) -

I'm taking this girl I met recently to the beach tomorrow for lunch, drinks and some sun. We've got good chemistry so I'm pretty confident it's going to go well. I don't get nervous on dates anymore but you never know what could happen on the first date, especially doing something longer and more free form. Anyone have any advice for successful beach dates?

#2 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

#3 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -
#4 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

ok first sacrifice a deer preferably a doe then cover yourself head to toe in the blood of that deer and if you are feeling festive use the pelt as a loincloth. at this point you should start screaming I DID THIS ALL FOR YOU and cry a little bit for effect. if she isnt impressed shes not a keeper

#5 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

I'm taking this girl I met recently to the beach tomorrow for lunch, drinks and some sun. We've got good chemistry so I'm pretty confident it's going to go well. I don't get nervous on dates anymore but you never know what could happen on the first date, especially doing something longer and more free form. Anyone have any advice for successful beach dates?

Play "Dont be afraid talking to Girls" on XBLA to prepare

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

The first four responses are the reason why I love the Giantbomb community. Anyway, in all seriousness you should take her to a nudist beach to show her what a free spirit you are. But only if you have a large penis.

#7 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Arrange an "accident" where she nearly drowns but you heroically "save" her. Has worked for me on all my beach dates.

#8 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Demonstrate value, engage physically, nurture dependence, neglect emotionally, inspire hope, and separate entirely.

#9 Posted by Askherserenity (111 posts) -

The beach? PERFECT TIME TO SAVE HER FROM A GIANT MAN EATING GREAT WHITE SHARK (your friend in a great white shark costume). Only do this if you really feel like having sex tomorrow.

#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Use The D.E.N.N.I.S. System.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@driveuplife:

-Be careful what you eat before you go. Nothing greasy. No fiber.

-Wear dark-colored underwear. This goes for every date ever until you feel real comfortable with the other person.

-Brush your teeth.

-Take a shower.

-Clean up your beard if you've got one or shave if you don't. But don't shave too quick cause you don't want to be a cut up, bloody, hot mess.

-Desperately try not to get a boner cause those swim-trunks aren't going to help you.

-Try not to only stare at her breasts.

-Or her ass.

-Cause swim-suits on chicks might make those parts of her more pronounced.

-Whatever you do, don't get into a water fight if you get in the water with her.

-Unless she wants to get into a water fight and then by all means get that bitch wet.

-With water.

#12 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Really? This is something you post to a videogame forum...

I still do not understand relationship stuff on Giantbomb.

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Yes it is.

#14 Posted by DriveupLife (909 posts) -
#15 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

Well, I went on a date to the beach with this girl last week and it culminated with sex in a hot tub and her moving in with me.

So yeah....

Find a hot tub.

#16 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Well, I went on a date to the beach with this girl last week and it culminated with sex in a hot tub and her moving in with me.

So yeah....

Find a hot tub.

And sick abs.

#17 Edited by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@infamousbig said:

So yeah....

Find a hot tub.

And sick abs.

If you can't find your own sick abs, perform a quick transplant from a willing Giantbomb donor. All regular Giantbomb posters have sick abs.

#18 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@infamousbig said:

So yeah....

Find a hot tub.

And sick abs.

If you can't find your own sick abs, perform a quick transplant from a willing Giantbomb donor. All regular Giantbomb posters have sick abs.

It's true, that old saying that abs can only be made in the kitchen is total BS, they can also be made by being a member of Giantbomb, but we can't let this shit get out.

#19 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@driveuplife: Me too duder! Bridesmaid from my buddy's wedding. Well, I'm not going to the beach because I'm nowhere near one. Anyway, I'm sure you've got this in the bag, but a few notes:

• Don't put her on a pedestal. Don't kiss the ground she walks on. Too many guys do this and it's a big mistake.
  • Just treat her like a human being. Be different than the other guys she has dated.
  • Build rapport. Establish common ground and shared connections.
  • Be the best version of yourself.
  • Make sure to escalate physically. Introduce touch early on. It releases oxytocin which promotes feelings of pair bonding.
  • Don't be a pussy. If the moment presents itself, go for it. Pull the trigger or prepare to beat yourself up later for not doing it.
  • Demonstrate high value. Everyone wants to move up in life. Make her realize that you will do that for her.
  • Above all else, just have fun.

I could write more but I don't think you really need it. Have fun man, and may your hammer be mighty.

#20 Edited by envane (1159 posts) -

grats dude , fyi she probably expects a kiss at the least

#21 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -

Just be yourself (fake personality don't work), treat her like you want to be treated (like a human being) and have fun, that's it.

#22 Posted by Sinusoidal (1293 posts) -

Ignore any and all advice you get from a video game forum. That includes this.

#23 Edited by TruthTellah (8549 posts) -

You know, people have given you some decent advice here, and I'm really glad they have. I'm sure you'll do great.

Though, just to reiterate their main point: remember to touch her shoulder.

#24 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Touch her shoulder, fake your own death, yada yada yada. Just have a good time, pay attention to what she is saying and read the moment. Have fun!

#25 Edited by Winternet (8006 posts) -

I missed this image. Glad someone created a thread about dating so I could see it again.

#26 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
#27 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Go in the water with her, take off your swim gear, start doing a backstroke and yell "OH HEY, IT'S A GREAT WHITE SHARK" it works everytime.

#28 Edited by Nictel (2380 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@driveuplife:

-Wear dark-colored underwear. This goes for every date ever until you feel real comfortable with the other person.

-Brush your teeth.

-Take a shower.

-Clean up your beard if you've got one or shave if you don't. But don't shave too quick cause you don't want to be a cut up, bloody, hot mess.

-Desperately try not to get a boner cause those swim-trunks aren't going to help you.

-Or her ass.

-Whatever you do, don't get into a water fight if you get in the water with her.

-Unless she wants to get into a water fight and then by all means get that bitch wet.

-With water.

But do at least once so she knows your not gay and thinks she has nice breasts/ass.

Also @jasonr86, good for you giving real advice.

#29 Posted by Humanity (8817 posts) -
#30 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@nictel said:

@jasonr86 said:

@driveuplife:

-Brush your teeth.

-Take a shower.

-Or her ass.

-With water.

But do at least once so she knows your not gay and thinks she has nice breasts/ass.

Also @jasonr86, good for you giving real advice.

There was real advice in there. Wear dark underwear. Just in case you end up taking off those trunks it'll be easy to hide dirty underwear if it is darker. White underwear is a terrible idea for that matter. Watch your diet that day. Greasy food will make your skin greasy and gross. Fiber will make you gassy. Brush your teeth before you go so your breath doesn't smell like shit. Take a shower for the same reason. Shave or clean up your beard.

The rest of it was bull-shit though.

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@big_jon said:

Yes it is.

And thank Science for that, because these are seriously my favorite threads.

#32 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Make sure to touch her shoulder.

#33 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

If you make all the right choices you'll be able to fuse King Frost in the end.

#34 Edited by Nictel (2380 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

Make sure to touch her shoulder.

But only after you made a handbrake turn! Here is a video describing the importance of the handbrake turn. (Crappy quality, couldn't find a better one)

#35 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -

@driveuplife: I don't have any decent advice to give, but answer me this: how did you ask? Did you specifically say "date"? Did you just ask if she wanted to go out?

#36 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Don't try too hard. Just go and spend time with her as you would any of your friends.

#37 Edited by ripelivejam (3551 posts) -

why is brad looking for advice on the very help line he works on? D:

#38 Posted by leinad44 (503 posts) -

Decent dating advice on a gaming site...

Something's wrong!

#39 Edited by 49th (2691 posts) -

Find a nice looking shell and crush it in your hand to demonstrate your strength.

#40 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

So is he on his date now? How do you think it's going? I hope well, dude seems like a good guy.

#41 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

Hope you didn't wear a thong.

#42 Edited by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Assert your dominance by pissing yourself almost immediately, good luck.

#43 Posted by DriveupLife (909 posts) -

Hey everybody! Thanks for all the advice. The date went really well. We had lunch on the beach, played around on a slack line that someone had set up between two palm trees, got drinks at Fat Tuesdsays, sat on the beach and talked for a long time, and wrapped with Starbucks. It was a pretty long first date, 4 hours. I'll definitely see her for a second date soon.

#44 Posted by DriveupLife (909 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy:

Asking a girl out on a date has nothing to do with the words you say. It has everything to do with how the girl sees you and what she thinks about you. If she think's you're cute or interesting she'll say yes to a first date, practically no matter what you say to ask her. However if you're still wondering what to say, I often say "Would you like to go out sometime?", which 9/10 times gets a yes (because I don't ask until I'm confident she'll say yes), and get her phone number then and there. Call or message her next day and set the date up with a definite time and location to meet.

#45 Edited by Nictel (2380 posts) -
#46 Posted by Jimbo (9774 posts) -

Remember: nothing beats an astronaut. Except touching her on the shoulder.

#47 Edited by paulwade1984 (477 posts) -

I have a wife and a kid.

Get out while you can.

#48 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

why is brad looking for advice on the very help line he works on? D:

They didn't get good by not practicing.

#49 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Always be touching her shoulder

#50 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

I've never dated, so I cannot recommend any suggestions to you.