• 53 results
Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

Anyone heard any rumors of a new fallout?

#1 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

#2 Posted by oraknabo (1514 posts) -

no

#3 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

I just wish we had more info for Fallout or an estimate date or...SOMETHING!

#4 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

Here's your estimate.

Next generation.

#5 Posted by Athadam (705 posts) -

Everyone wants a new fallout but I'm guessing we will have to wait till next gen.

#6 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

That's what I've been thinking. Fallout 4 will be near launch title for next gen. Like Oblivion was for 360.

#7 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

So that means 2013-2014?? DAAAAMN!

#8 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

Fallout bored me. The funnest part of the game was trying to play without using the map and getting lost in that stupid wasteland. I have only played New Vegas though and for only like 3 days, so i'm not an expert on the subject.

#9 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

no rumors, but there HAS to be one in development, Bethesda is probably planning on launching it for next gen. would make a FANTASTIC launch title.

#10 Posted by allworkandlowpay (873 posts) -

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion pretty much made the Xbox 360 for its first year. If I was a betting man, I'd put good money on Bethesda working on a next gen Fallout to coincide for the release of the 720.

#11 Posted by avidwriter (665 posts) -

@lmephisto said:

I heard it's being made my Bethesda, called Fallout 4 and they are using the Rage engine. Pretty sure this was confirmed somewhere a while ago. No news for a long time.

#12 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

No, but you can bet your ass there will be a Fallout 4. If I were to guess, it will be on next-gen consoles.

#13 Posted by PandaBear (1384 posts) -

Yeah, New Vegas was 2010, heaps of DLC in 2011 ... Skyrim in 2012. Bethesda won't run their (relatively) newly acquired IP into the ground (I know, Obsidian developed NV, but you know what I mean).

Finish all the DLC for the other games first ... games this good take time. Fallout 4 is probably not happening until 2014 at the earliest (guessing of course). It was over five years between Oblivion and Skyrim don't forget.

#14 Posted by Morrow (1823 posts) -

I'd love a new Fallout too, but I still have stuff to do and trophies to get from 3 and NV...

#15 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@Morrow: Well that's my problem! I got all the available achievements for both games on PC and XBOX360 :S Found all the locations , explored , collected everything and that's why i would like to see a new Fallout ! I just cant wait :D

#16 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Tough shit.

#17 Posted by Morrow (1823 posts) -

@lmephisto: Oh my, congrats! ^^ I still have to do the bad Karma path and some collection achievements to do... but new interesting games keep coming and real life steals my time too :[

#18 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

We'll definitely get it. Hard to say when though. Maybe Bethesda will start after Skyrim, maybe next gen. Until then, Wasteland 2.

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

We don't need the series milked to death, I quite like the fact the take their time with these games. We probably won't hear anything about it until Skyrim is winding down, and considering it's just about to get its first expansion pack, that won't be for a while yet.

Also, Obsidian need to do Fallout 4.

#20 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@Morrow: There is an easy way if you don't want to play the game 3 times :D

#21 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: Yeah i agree on series not to be milked to death, but some games are so great that you just can't wait !

#22 Posted by Morrow (1823 posts) -

@lmephisto: You mean saving before levels 8, 14 and 30 and then simply do something very good or bad? I know that, but I don't like to create many save files or play that systematically. Once I have the time I will immerse in the Fallout universe again, this time as bad guy :]

#23 Posted by Village_Guy (2663 posts) -

I don't particularly want a new Fallout, in my opinion, Fallout 3 was awful. It was overall boring, characters were boring, combat sucked, VATS wasn't fun and gun-play was horrible. The only rewarding thing in that game was exploration, but the combat ruined that for me too.

With that said, if they do get proper fun gun-play in and a better world, then I'll certainly be keeping an eye on a new Fallout game.

#24 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@Morrow: lol yeah that way :D But fair enough Morrow !

#25 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

I say, 2014 at the earliest.

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (12636 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion came out in March of 2006. Fallout 3 was released in October 2008. So, just off the numbers, since Skyrim hit store shelves late last year, we shouldn't expect a Fallout for another year at least. Maybe even a year and a half. Possibly Fall 2013 or Spring 2014.

#27 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

Well the anticipation is killing me ! I just hope they will make a good job like all the other fallout so far :)

#28 Edited by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

I'll put dollars to donuts they have Fallout 4 out in holiday 2014, on the next gen. For that first year everyone is going to be hurting for a wide, long game to get into and Bethesda would do well to capitalize. It's almost exactly what they did with Oblivion.

#29 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

I expected a new fallout too, i'm quite dissapointed.

#30 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

I can't fucking wait for a new Fallout. Flawed as New Vegas was it still took 100+ hours of my time.

#31 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

Next Gen will probably have a new Fallout 4.

#32 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@lmephisto: Considering how much of a jump they've made between Oblivion and Skyrim, I'm sure Fallout 3 -> Falout 4 is going to be a crazy leap in its own.

Ideally we'll see it by next E3, but that is being very hopeful.

#33 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

The guy next door to me works at Bethesda, we dont talk much.

#34 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Fallout on the next generation consoles would be pretty nice. I can wait for that.

#35 Posted by PokeIkzai (384 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

We don't need the series milked to death, I quite like the fact the take their time with these games. We probably won't hear anything about it until Skyrim is winding down, and considering it's just about to get its first expansion pack, that won't be for a while yet.

Also, Obsidian need to do Fallout 4.

They really do need to be involved at least somewhat. I don't know if I could handle another Fallout with Bethesda writing especially after seeing New Vegas set the bar so high.

#36 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Fallout bored me. The funnest part of the game was trying to play without using the map and getting lost in that stupid wasteland. I have only played New Vegas though and for only like 3 days, so i'm not an expert on the subject.

Fallout 3 was a far better game than New Vegas

#37 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

I heard they are taking it in a new direction. Its going to be an isometric, top down, turn based, strategy RPG.

#38 Edited by DeeGee (2142 posts) -

I want a next gen Fallout, that would be insane.

I honestly think Fallout 3 is better then Skyrim /controversial.

#39 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I'd say maybe 2014 if new consoles come out next year. I hope that it is Obsidian that is making it though. Fallout 3 is great and I really like it but New Vegas was much better in terms of story, choice and tone.

#40 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

Take a deep breath before you hyperventilate and bag your head on your computer table. It'll come sometime in the Next Gen cycle. Maybe even a launch game. Patience is a virtue.

#41 Posted by Scrawnto (2466 posts) -

I was going to shout out "Wasteland 2!" but then I realized that most of you have probably only played Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas.

#42 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@david3cm said:

I heard they are taking it in a new direction. Its going to be an isometric, top down, turn based, strategy RPG.

Sounds boring

Wait for anything Skyrim related to be released before any Fallout announcement is made.

#43 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

if they do a fallout for this gen i will be very dissapoint, son.

#44 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@Heylook: Why should be disappointing ?

#45 Posted by DriveupLife (919 posts) -

@lmephisto: Bro just make another new vegas character and play on hardcore very hard.

#46 Posted by believer258 (12201 posts) -

I'd rather them wait until next gen and release something with the RAGE engine that both looks really, really good and plays really, really well.

#47 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Agreed. But Bethesda is very busy with The Elder Scrolls Online AND Dishonored, so I don't know how it will fit into their schedule for the next few years (2013-2015). However, I hope that sometime a Fallout 4 will be released.

#48 Posted by fRAWRst (238 posts) -

Not sure if the main team is still producing dlc for Skyrim, or if theyre starting production on their next title (which should be fo4, theyve developed a great rhythm of elder scrolls to fallout)

#49 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

No. You get to wait 4-5 years for another fallout.

#50 Posted by Redsox44 (487 posts) -

@InternetCrab: I don't think Dishonored has much of an impact, since you know, Arkane is making it. But yea I still expect the next Fallout to be next gen.