I want to see Fast 6 but.......

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm suffering from Vinny syndrome and feel compelled to watch the previous 5 films so that I can understand the intricate plot as I have never seen a Fast and the Furious film. At least I don't think I've seen any of them. Did one of the films have a seen where a dude gets his face eaten off by rats? Is this wise or should I just look up plot points online?

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

yeah you can skip that shit. Watch fast 4 and 5 and you should be good to go.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Fast Five is probably the only required viewing. But you should just watch them all.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

Watch Fast 5, and then the new one.

If you're still up for more Fast and Furious (which you will not be) then you can watch the others.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't think you'd appreciate it as much if you hadn't seen the others. 2 and 3 are kind of side stories, so you could probably skip those ones. But honestly if you're only willing to half commit to the rich tapestry of the Fast and Furious universe, then I don't know why you'd even bother.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By myniceicelife

@hunter5024 I wouldn't really say that 3 is a side story, 2 kinda is but it does introduce Roman and Tej. 3 will give more context to the extra scene in 6, although I don't know how big it would be to someone who sees the movies in quick succession so close to 6.

if anything, i'd say watch 1, 4, 5, then 6, and after that watch 3 since that'll be the chronological order of events for the series. 2 is up to you as it will be noticeably dumb even compared to the other movies, but isn't horrible.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myniceicelife: 1,4, 5 are all that's needed to really "get" it. Hit the nail on the head, duder. I agree.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

When I started with the series, I watched this helpful video on Screened that relayed the plots of the first four movies, then saw Fast Five in the theater.

I know Screened is naught but a shadow of its former self, but the video still plays.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By NegativeCero

I felt the same way, but I decided to just watch 4 and 5 since I've already seen the earlier ones years ago (though I don't remember much about them). I literally just finished watching Fast Five and god damn is the end sequence just a glorious thing of crazy and stupidity. I was yelling and laughing pretty loudly just watching it.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quarters

Watch all of them. They are all quite relevant to the story, even Tokyo Drift(3) is linked at this point. It might seem silly at first, but once characters start coming back in the later installments, it seems much more worthwhile. There are so many references and links to the other movies that they are much stronger as a unified whole.

But as others have said, you can totally watch 3 after 6, since that's the chronological order. It might even work better that way.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DarthOrange

They are all worth watching, but really the most important ones going into Furious 6 are Tokyo Drift and Fast and Furious (that is movies #3 and #4). The other movies just give you character development and make you feel more attached to the universe.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

As already mentioned, all the films end up intertwining with the sixth. It's not supremely essential but it makes it far more enjoyable.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Han is my favorite character from the series

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch Tokyo Drift, fuck the rest including Fast 6.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

I really think that the series is worn out. -_-

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@milkman said:

Fast Five is probably the only required viewing. But you should just watch them all.

Basically this. I would watch at least the 5th just so you have a little background, but really to get all the winks and nudges of the movies following the first one or even the 2nd, you kind of need to watch them all. The first one is great, but I feel like you had to be living and first watched that movie in 2000 or whenever it came out... it was a weird time and place where that movie made total sense as today it seems like total nonsense and malarkey!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch them all because they're all great for their own reasons.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Fast Five and Tokyo Drift and you are set to go.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sploder

You have to watch them all to properly understand the Fast and Furious mythology

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@acidbrandon18: As others have mentioned.

Watch F&F 1 to get the introduction to all the characters and how they banded together.

Then watch Fast Five because it ties directly into F&F 6 giving you the backstory on Dwayne Johnsons character.

Lastly watch Tokyo Drift because it's awesome but has almost nothing to do with the other movies.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do yourself a favour, and watch all of 'em.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Fast and Furious is probably the most dense with continuity on cinema screens these days. You might not expect it, but it's totally true.

Though you could just watch from 3 onward? 1-2 are the pre Lin, pre self awareness era. 3's awesome, 4's okay and 5 is a fucking heist movie so of course it's the best.

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch 1-5 then go straight to the movie theatre and watch 6 then take 2 weeks rest , if symptoms persist please see a doctor.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Winternet

Yes, what all of the 5 movies in quick succession and get ready to have your mind blown!

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't watch any of the previous films before going to see Fast 6, and I still really, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching the first 5 now.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Watch all of them. There is things to know from all of them, especially Tokyo Drift if you want to get some reference. They are all great

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten

Do yourself a favour, and watch all of 'em.

Yup.

Anything else would be like saying "Watch the 3rd Matrix movie, it's the best, you don't need to watch the others"

ugh.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a blu-ray boxset of 1-5?

Avatar image for meatdimensionfighter
meatdimensionfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fast and Furious 6 has a montage of the past films, excluding Tokyo Drift, to you remind you of their past exploits

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ltsmash
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who says Tokyo Drift is a side story is wrong. That is essential viewing and not just in regards to the franchise. Just in general.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eummm, it's "Furious 6", thank you very much.

I would personally watch all of them, they will increase your enjoyment of this one, but they're not really required. Tokyo Drift and Fast Five are just enjoyable movies on their own too, so if you only watch two, watch those.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just now bought the blu-ray boxset.........

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I would watch 1, fast and furious, fast five, then see the new one.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You can skip 2. Also while you should watch it you can let 3 go for now.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kishinfoulux

Is there an actual official discussion topic for this movie on here? Because man I want to get into that ending. >_>

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

I have this problem where I tell everyone I know "Well, there's like 6 of them. And the fifth is really good. And the first established the characters in that. And the third isn't bad. And....."

Then I have a friend I went to go see this one with. He read the synopsis of the franchise. We both thought it was really stupid, but what the hell? He's seen none, I've seen them all, and we both kind of enjoyed the fun of it.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MAGZine

I'm suffering from Vinny syndrome and feel compelled to watch the previous 5 films so that I can understand the intricate plot as I have never seen a Fast and the Furious film.

This is not the movie you're looking for.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Quarters

@magzine said:

@acidbrandon18 said:

I'm suffering from Vinny syndrome and feel compelled to watch the previous 5 films so that I can understand the intricate plot as I have never seen a Fast and the Furious film.

The Fast movies have some of the most consistent mythologies of any movie franchises out at the moment. The characters are extremely consistent and have development as they age, there are tons of callbacks, and the plot is now fully connected amongst all 6 movies, and will probably become more so as they get farther along. It's not as completely mindless and pointless as people make it out to be.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By ArmedBear

I only saw part one and five. I was good and followed everything just fine. Damn fun movie. If you can see Fast Five before this one, I would recommend it, that would get you sufficiently caught up with most of what's happening in 6.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch Torque.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

After just coming off the movie, I would really suggest watching the other films. There's so many great nods to the other movies and you'd get SO much more from having knowledge of the previous films. But 5 movies is a lot to get through and maybe you'd be Furious'd out by the time you go see Fast 6.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LiquidPrince

You should watch all of them.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched 6 after only seeing bits of pieces of the rest of the series,(most of 5, none of 4, almost none of 3, most of 2 and none of 1) and it was totally enjoyable. There are a few moments that you won't immediately understand but it's really easy to catch up on what is happening.

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched Fast 6 last night without seeing any of the previous five movies for context, and had a hell of a time. That move is so ridiculous that I feel going into it without context was even better.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch them all in a row.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I got the DVD boxset of the first five movies dirt cheap, and I'd thoroughly recommend watching them; you'll be surprised how much they actually do tie into one another. Know how Tokyo Drift technically hasn't happened yet and everything is a weird prequel to it? Watch Tokyo Drift third anyway.

I won't try and pretend that the Furiverse is much more deep and intricate than it actually is, but there are a good number of callbacks made sixth one that are very satisfying when you know the context.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

@magzine said:

@acidbrandon18 said:

The Fast movies have some of the most consistent mythologies of any movie franchises out at the moment. The characters are extremely consistent and have development as they age, there are tons of callbacks, and the plot is now fully connected amongst all 6 movies, and will probably become more so as they get farther along. It's not as completely mindless and pointless as people make it out to be.

Coming from a guy who used to think this, I agree.

I used to keep away from the series because I really just didn't like Vin Deisel all that much. I saw the 6th one last week with a friend and really enjoyed it. It made me want to watch the rest and I was pretty surprised on how consistent the characters are and what they do with them through out the series. I mean it is nothing monumental or anything, but it keeps the flow of the movies going and makes everything between the action/car chasing just as enjoyable.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NinjaBerd

Watch all of them except Tokyo Drift.

Tokyo drift takes place after Furious 6.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do yourself a favor and forget what all these smacktards are saying and watch it from the beginning. This isn't a game franchise that could potentially lead you to missing the release of the new movie. It'll probably take a day and I love the Fast and Furious franchise so it'd be worth it to me. In fact, a F&F marathon sounds right up my alley.