I watched Fast and furious 4 thinking it was the first movie

schreibertyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wanted to watch all the fast and furious series before the next movie comes out but I only got to the second one. I downloaded the movie just called Fast and Furious thinking it was the first movie. Nothing in that movie made me think it was the fourth in the series. I thought it was kinda weird that they killed off the Michele Rodriguez character right up front but besides that it totally could have been the first entry. I then watched the second movie and assumed vin diesel was just in jail from the end of the 4th movie. I thought it was weird because I thought Paul walker worked for the FBI or something. I just realized that I didn't watch the first movie at all when they talked about it on the bombcast.

It probably didn't help that I wasn't really paying attention at the time but do you think this says anything about the story in those movies?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least you started with the worst (from what i understand)

This just reminds me i want the Fast and Furious Historia to be a real thing.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3 chaser324  Moderator

At least you started with the worst (from what i understand)

2 Fast 2 Furious is pretty widely considered to be the worst. A lot of people don't like the fourth movie either, but that opinion isn't nearly as unanimous.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Strangely enough, I remember liking the second and fourth movies a lot more than the third and fifth. I just remember feeling like not much happened in the third and fifth movies, but it's been years since I watched Tokyo Drift.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would watch them again from the beginning of the series and pay attention to what is going on. They do a bit of Quinton Tarantino shit later on with the sequence of events. It's worth it to pay attention to what's going on.

The Series in order:

THE Fast and THE Furious (new copies of it will say "the original" on the box)

2 Fast 2 Furious

Tokyo Drift

Fast and Furious (the one you watched)

Fast Five

Fast Six

Furious 7 (the one in theaters now)

...could they make it any more confusing?

I'm just waiting for a reboot of the series so they can make THE-The Fast and the Furious and then it's sequel THE-The Fast and the Furious Part Duex: The Sequel.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I like that you watched 4, then 2, and you could still construct a coherent narrative out of it. That's just great.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch Torque and you're good to go.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Corona."

You missin' out on some quotable lines from the first film.

Greonhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would watch them again from the beginning of the series and pay attention to what is going on. They do a bit of Quinton Tarantino shit later on with the sequence of events. It's worth it to pay attention to what's going on.

The Series in order:

2 Fast 2 Furious

Tokyo Drift

Fast Five

Fast Six

I'm just waiting for a reboot of the series so they can make THE-The Fast and the Furious and then it's sequel THE-The Fast and the Furious Part Duex: The Sequel.

Not quite. The 6th one is Fast And Furious 6. None of the movies has the same sequel titling pattern as any of the others. We have replacing words with numbers, no number with a subtitle, original title minus definite articles with no number, removing all but one word from the title with a number, original title minus definite articles but with a number this time, and removing all but a different word from the title with a number. I look forward to The Fast and the Furious 8: British Underground, just to keep up the non matching trend.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It certainly says something about how fucking stupid the titles of these movies are.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mercutio123
@greonhal said:

@stonyman65 said:

The Series in order:

2 Fast 2 Furious

Tokyo Drift

Fast Five

Fast Six

Not quite. The 6th one is Fast And Furious 6. None of the movies has the same sequel titling pattern as any of the others. We have replacing words with numbers, no number with a subtitle, original title minus definite articles with no number, removing all but one word from the title with a number, original title minus definite articles but with a number this time, and removing all but a different word from the title with a number. I look forward to The Fast and the Furious 8: British Underground, just to keep up the non matching trend.

In England they tried to make it a bit more coherent by calling Fast Five "Fast and Furious 5: Rio Heist". I could of sworn that 6 was originally called Furious 6 though? As a direct follow up to Fast 5. I don't know. All I know it that I love them and none of my friends understand why.

EDIT: Yup Fast and Furious 6 was originally called Furious 6 if this shit wasn't already confusing enough http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1905041/

Greonhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have no idea how happy that UK title makes me. I love how stupid the sequel titles are for the F&F franchise, and knowing that they tried to clear things up but still managed not to match anything makes me laugh. Merrily.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I made that mistake with The Hunger Games, I watched 2 and thought "well that was a bit odd, but I didn't read the books so maybe that's why I'm missing references" ah but then I watched the first one and thought "Oh damnnnn" lol

I've always preferred the original Fast and The Furious, whichever one was in Brazil? that had it's moments, and the one with the tank? that was something else lol.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. You need to know about "Coyotes-R-Us".

LotsOfZazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My local theater was playing them all once a week until 7 came out. I have been going every week to watch one. I forgot how terrible the CGI stuff was in the first two. I was so happy when I got to watch Tokyo Drift in all it's glory on the big screen again. I could see how starting at the 4th would be a bit jarring, but I feel like because everybody teams up in that movie, it would give you enough knowledge to continue watching the rest.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@quarters said:

@i_stay_puft said:

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

@i_stay_puft said:

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

"You almost had me? You never had me. You never had your car!"

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@quarters said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@quarters said:

@i_stay_puft said:

"You almost had me? You never had me. You never had your car!"

"I like the tuna here."

"Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!"