Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
  


  



These two gems were discovered through the twitter of Shawn Elliot (Former 1up employee) Umm yeah...
#1 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
  


  



These two gems were discovered through the twitter of Shawn Elliot (Former 1up employee) Umm yeah...
#2 Posted by ponyslayer (164 posts) -

lol shawn's twitter is the best collection of everything absurd on the web

#3 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
@ponyslayer:

Did you click his latest Do Not Click? I would so post that on here but it's too brutal >_>
#4 Posted by FlamingHobo (4505 posts) -

Ahh.. the internet. Don't you just love it?

#5 Posted by ponyslayer (164 posts) -
@Bruce:

lol i'm going to check it now
#6 Edited by Fr0Br0 (3100 posts) -

It's like how I imagine Eminem to look when I hear him use that annoying voice.

EDIT: Now following Shawn Elliot.

#7 Edited by FlamingHobo (4505 posts) -

By the way, what medical problem does this kid/guy have? I'm curious to know.


Edit: Nevermind, I found it was Progeria. It's a rare disease in which the symptoms related to aging appear at an early age, around 1 in 8 million babies are born with the condition.
#8 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (485 posts) -

Shawn Elliot? The former Spurs guard? 

#9 Posted by FlamingHobo (4505 posts) -
#10 Posted by anarchyzombie9 (615 posts) -

Wow nice one Bruce you just increased Shawn Elliots followers by 7 people hehe. I saw a .gif of this dude on a forum last night fucking scared me.

#11 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Thank God for Twitter... Wait!

#12 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

Whatever makes this kid happy, He is dying yet enjoying life while he can, poor guy.

#13 Posted by MC_Izawa (604 posts) -
@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" Shawn Elliot? The former Spurs guard?  "
Shawn is a former 1UP journalist, now working for 2K, Sean is the former NBA player.
And in my opinion, Shawn is one of the few people who use Twitter correctly.  Unless you live an extremely interesting life, no one cares about the minutiae of your everyday schedule.
#14 Posted by Meltbrain (2976 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" Whatever makes this kid happy, He is dying yet enjoying life while he can, poor guy. "
Yeah, progeria is a pretty awful condition.
#15 Edited by 1_879_116_9420 (96 posts) -

Looks like what Benjamin Button should have been. If I wrote the screenplay.

PS - Someone link me to Shawn's twitter account.
PPS - Hard to deny evolution when someone looks that much like an Emu.

#16 Posted by lordofultima (6280 posts) -

Damn this kid is mad real. Word.

#17 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

My god, it's a mentally retarded gangsta holocaust survivor!

#18 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Colonel_Cool said:
" My god, it's a mentally retarded gangsta holocaust survivor! "
I know how absolutely fucked up it is to laugh at this, but I did. I am sorry.
#19 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

The kid is fucking dying, this community is really going down hill......

#20 Posted by LiquidPrince (16158 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" The kid is fucking dying, this community is really going down hill...... "
It's not that he's dying. It's that he comes out and starts swearing like no tomorrow... That would annoying if anyone did it, and makes people feel more awkward watching him do it. I wonder why he thinks he needs to have this be the memory people are left with.
#21 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
"
@Bucketdeth said:
" The kid is fucking dying, this community is really going down hill...... "
It's not that he's dying. It's that he comes out and starts swearing like no tomorrow... That would annoying if anyone did it, and makes people feel more awkward watching him do it. I wonder why he thinks he needs to have this be the memory people are left with."
Yeah I know he acts kind of "Wiggerish" sorry for a lack of a better term, and he does put these videos up on youtube,but there is obviously something wrong with him besides the fact that he has a disease, I can't imagine the stress he is going through and now he has all the internet laughing in his face.

I don't know, sometimes the world can be so cruel, If you can look past that the kid is acting like a thug, he is a normal kid with a very deadly disease and will probably only see another 2-3 years in his life.

I just ask kindly, could this thread be closed? the poor guy doesn't deserve this, and I know he probably will never read or give a shit about what anyone says as he said in another video, and here at giantbomb I don't want to log in to see people saying                                                  " My god, it's a mentally retarded gangsta holocaust survivor! " 
#22 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
"
@LiquidPrince said:
"
@Bucketdeth said:
" The kid is fucking dying, this community is really going down hill...... "
It's not that he's dying. It's that he comes out and starts swearing like no tomorrow... That would annoying if anyone did it, and makes people feel more awkward watching him do it. I wonder why he thinks he needs to have this be the memory people are left with."
Yeah I know he acts kind of "Wiggerish" sorry for a lack of a better term, and he does put these videos up on youtube,but there is obviously something wrong with him besides the fact that he has a disease, I can't imagine the stress he is going through and now he has all the internet laughing in his face.I don't know, sometimes the world can be so cruel, If you can look past that the kid is acting like a thug, he is a normal kid with a very deadly disease and will probably only see another 2-3 years in his life.I just ask kindly, could this thread be closed? the poor guy doesn't deserve this, and I know he probably will never read or give a shit about what anyone says as he said in another video, and here at giantbomb I don't want to log in to see people saying                                                  " My god, it's a mentally retarded gangsta holocaust survivor! "  "
He put this on the internet. Not just on the internet, the one site where people go to watch videos. He obviously does not give a damn what people think, so why do you?
#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@Stang said:
"
@Bucketdeth said:
"
@LiquidPrince said:
"
@Bucketdeth said:
" The kid is fucking dying, this community is really going down hill...... "
It's not that he's dying. It's that he comes out and starts swearing like no tomorrow... That would annoying if anyone did it, and makes people feel more awkward watching him do it. I wonder why he thinks he needs to have this be the memory people are left with."
Yeah I know he acts kind of "Wiggerish" sorry for a lack of a better term, and he does put these videos up on youtube,but there is obviously something wrong with him besides the fact that he has a disease, I can't imagine the stress he is going through and now he has all the internet laughing in his face.I don't know, sometimes the world can be so cruel, If you can look past that the kid is acting like a thug, he is a normal kid with a very deadly disease and will probably only see another 2-3 years in his life.I just ask kindly, could this thread be closed? the poor guy doesn't deserve this, and I know he probably will never read or give a shit about what anyone says as he said in another video, and here at giantbomb I don't want to log in to see people saying                                                  " My god, it's a mentally retarded gangsta holocaust survivor! "  "
He put this on the internet. Not just on the internet, the one site where people go to watch videos. He obviously does not give a damn what people think, so why do you?"
It's not the fact that he gives a shit or not, it's the fact that people are making fun of a kid with a deadly disease, if everyone here thinks it's ok then I'll gladly leave these forums.
#24 Posted by LiquidPrince (16158 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
"
@Stang said:
"
@Bucketdeth said:
"
@LiquidPrince said:
"
@Bucketdeth said:
" The kid is fucking dying, this community is really going down hill...... "
It's not that he's dying. It's that he comes out and starts swearing like no tomorrow... That would annoying if anyone did it, and makes people feel more awkward watching him do it. I wonder why he thinks he needs to have this be the memory people are left with."
Yeah I know he acts kind of "Wiggerish" sorry for a lack of a better term, and he does put these videos up on youtube,but there is obviously something wrong with him besides the fact that he has a disease, I can't imagine the stress he is going through and now he has all the internet laughing in his face.I don't know, sometimes the world can be so cruel, If you can look past that the kid is acting like a thug, he is a normal kid with a very deadly disease and will probably only see another 2-3 years in his life.I just ask kindly, could this thread be closed? the poor guy doesn't deserve this, and I know he probably will never read or give a shit about what anyone says as he said in another video, and here at giantbomb I don't want to log in to see people saying                                                  " My god, it's a mentally retarded gangsta holocaust survivor! "  "
He put this on the internet. Not just on the internet, the one site where people go to watch videos. He obviously does not give a damn what people think, so why do you?"
It's not the fact that he gives a shit or not, it's the fact that people are making fun of a kid with a deadly disease, if everyone here thinks it's ok then I'll gladly leave these forums. "
Exactly.
#25 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I am not saying it is ok. People are assholes by nature....that is life.

#26 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

oh shit, this kid rules!!!!


my heart goes out to him. he looks like he's having a great time posting these. 
#27 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" It's not the fact that he gives a shit or not, it's the fact that people are making fun of a kid with a deadly disease, if everyone here thinks it's ok then I'll gladly leave these forums. "
Don't let less than a handful of people taint your portrayal of the majority.
#28 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

Welcome to the internet, where all Juggaloes are treated with ridicule regardless of color, size, or rare genetic diseases.

#29 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

He's happy enough so if it makes him happy its okay surely. Although I don't agree with who ever gave him the internet to upload them, maybe as a personal thing, but if you're his parents posting something like this on the internet is going to get bad rep and can be avoided straight away.

#30 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

This makes me sad.

#31 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
@Bucketdeth:

If you put yourself out there like that, you're asking for it.
#32 Posted by LightFantastic (5 posts) -

Fact: Progeria is NOT a mental illness, he is not mentally retarded. He is young, and obviously finds something appealing or resonant about the 'gangster' attitude. Moreso, he's probably going to die quite soon, so let the kid do what makes him happy.

#33 Posted by Christopper (102 posts) -

I love photoshop!

Oh, that's not photoshop...

#34 Posted by Kazona (3094 posts) -

It's a kid, having fun. Why do people always have to be such twats and ridicule someone else? 

#35 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@Kazona said:
"Why do people always have to be such twats and ridicule someone else?  "
Because there behind there computer desk, I'd like to see someone here go up to that kid and make fun of him, but of course they wouldn't, but they know they can say whatever the hell they want as long as there anonymous on the internet.
#36 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

This thread needs to be locked. It isn't going anywhere positive.

#37 Posted by Kazona (3094 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
"
@Kazona said:
"Why do people always have to be such twats and ridicule someone else?  "
Because there behind there computer desk, I'd like to see someone here go up to that kid and make fun of him, but of course they wouldn't, but they know they can say whatever the hell they want as long as there anonymous on the internet. "
There's a definition for people like that: coward.

Someone please lock this topic.
#38 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

Poor kid...

#39 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -
@phlegms said:
" This makes me sad. "
Yeah, as much as I find it somewhat humorus, I feel bad for the dude. 
#40 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Here is a question to those that are morally superior to everybody else.

So lets say instead of this kid doing it, there is a 350 pound white guy doing it. Would you laugh at the video, or comments made by others? If so, are you really that much better then anybody else?

#41 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Feel bad for him but,wow.

#42 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@Stang said:
"Here is a question to those that are morally superior to everybody else.So lets say instead of this kid doing it, there is a 350 pound white guy doing it. Would you laugh at the video, or comments made by others? If so, are you really that much better then anybody else?"
Well, being over weight is something you can somewhat control and fix, this kid isn't going to get better.
#43 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
"
@Stang said:
"Here is a question to those that are morally superior to everybody else.So lets say instead of this kid doing it, there is a 350 pound white guy doing it. Would you laugh at the video, or comments made by others? If so, are you really that much better then anybody else?"
Well, being over weight is something you can somewhat control and fix, this kid isn't going to get better. "
That is true. But at the end of the day, you are getting a chuckle at somebody's expense. Like I said before, I feel bad that I laughed at that comment, but it was so fucked up and out of the blue....it just happened. We all see things differently obviously, in my opinion if you do something stupid, regardless how you look or your condition, I will laugh at you. This kid is not mentally retarded, if he was then it would be a whole different ball game. When I see something ridiculous like this, I do not consider that he may die soon....all I see is some ridiculous shit.
#44 Posted by Scieran (215 posts) -

Without viewing those youtube videos and judging from it, that is one fucked up American kid..

#45 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

holy crap

#46 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -
@Scieran said:
" Without viewing those youtube videos and judging from it, that is one fucked up American kid.. "
Why, because he's born with a genetic disorder, which is completely beyond his control. He's just enjoying himself, playing around, posting videos as do millions of others on youtube. I actually find it more fucked up, that people who would profess to have two brain cells in their craniums would disparage the kid, which is what he is. I always wonder if it makes them feel better putting down those that are less fortunate than themselves, they must lead some shit lives if that's the case.