• 109 results
#1 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
#2 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -

This guy is like herpes; I just can't seem to get rid of him. Now his show (jimquisition) is on one of my favorite hobbyist sites. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Jim Sterling doesn't seem to think so. Every word out of his mouth is a tautology, designed to look like insight. He has no concept of the difference between opinion and fact, and talks with a certain righteous indignation that makes me throw up in my mouth a little. So, let's get a little reader opinion in on this: You know where I stand, so how do you feel about Mr. Sterling?    

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11432 posts) -

Fire sounds about right. 

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

What the fuck?

#5 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I strongly dislike him but you know, man gotta get paid.

#6 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Do sex with him and then let him beat me with a sock full of quarters. After that, I proclaim him the king of video games and we set each other on fire.

#7 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
@Claude said:
" Do sex with him and then let him beat me with a sock full of quarters. After that, I proclaim him the king of video games and we set each other on fire. "
I like your style. 
#8 Posted by ThePickle (4189 posts) -

Who?

#9 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

man I hate his fucking guts but I'm not going to burn him I'm not a sociopath.

beating him with a sock full of quarters is just fine.

#10 Posted by TobbRobb (4813 posts) -

No option to just ignore him? IN HIS FACE!?

#11 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
Yo, I don't like this dude on the internet. He disagrees with me on stuff, that angers me.

If you don't like what he has to say there is a very easy solution; Don't read what he has to say.

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12457 posts) -

i think Jim Sterling is a cool guy 

#13 Posted by supermike6 (3604 posts) -

I like his writing and think hes okay, but when I see him talk it's kind of annoying. I don't really want to do any of those things to him.

#14 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" i think Jim Sterling is a cool guy  "
You think Dead or Alive is a tolerable video game franchise.
#15 Posted by ProfessorEss (7467 posts) -
@Claude said:
" Do sex with him and then let him beat me with a sock full of quarters. After that, I proclaim him the king of video games and we set each other on fire. "
epic.
#16 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" Yo, I don't like this dude on the internet. He disagrees with me on stuff, that angers me.

If you don't like what he has to say there is a very easy solution; Don't read what he has to say.

"
Yeah, I love this response. You do realize that you're chiding ME for having an opinion don't you? Fucking people...
#17 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @AjayRaz said:
You think Dead or Alive is a tolerable video game franchise. "
You think your insults are clever.
#18 Posted by AjayRaz (12457 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @AjayRaz said:
well
you got me there 
#19 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Getz said:
@Br3adfan said:
Yo, I don't like this dude on the internet. He disagrees with me on stuff, that angers me.

Yeah, I love this response. You do realize that you're chiding ME for having an opinion don't you? Fucking people... 
But that's exactly what you're doing to Jim Sterling.
#20 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

I'd shake his hand

then slap him in the face

then shake his hand again

#21 Posted by applet0n (654 posts) -

I personally can't stand the man. He's a fool and makes the rest of us Brits look collectively worse.

#22 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4698 posts) -

Why does he need a show on the escapist?
#23 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @Getz said:
@Br3adfan said:

But that's exactly what you're doing to Jim Sterling. "
How dull are you? I'm calling you a hypocrite. Your "retort" is baseless considering that I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, AND EVEN SAID SO IN MY POST. On the flip-side, you mock my opinion, and then tell me to not read opinions I don't agree with. I can't believe I had to just spell that out for you.
#24 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

I would ignore the shit out of him!

#25 Edited by crusader8463 (14426 posts) -

I don't know who he is, so no opinion. However, if the guy bothers you then why don't you just not read or listen to his stuff?

#26 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4729 posts) -

Because if you hate something so much, there's no better way to prove it than to talk about it....

#27 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I think Jim Sterling would find this funny.

#28 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
@Claude said:
" I think Jim Sterling would find this funny. "
Yeah, most definitely. 
#29 Edited by JJOR64 (19044 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:

" @AjayRaz said:

Do you ever say anything nice?
#30 Posted by Dalai (7054 posts) -

I'd prefer to beat him with a sock filled with pennies because I'm a cheap bastard.

#31 Posted by JJWeatherman (14562 posts) -

I'd beat him with quarters. Just a couple of times.

#32 Posted by Brendan (7980 posts) -

I'd do sex with him, but I have space aids so take that as you will.

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14426 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" I'd prefer to beat him with a sock filled with pennies because I'm a cheap bastard. "
I agree. Filling a sock full of quarters would be extremely expensive and rather silly if it's just to beat a guy with it. I have not spent that kind of money to beat something with since I bought that flesh light.
#34 Posted by Ubik (122 posts) -

I think Jim is troll--as anyone who's ever read his reviews will attest to--but I think there's still a place for him on the web.  Every once in a while he's even forced me to reflect on my own thoughts and opinions, even if it's just so that I can form a more complete argument against his thoughts and opinions.  

He's kind of like the video game equivalent of Glenn Beck.  Now we just need the video game equivalent of John Stewart to make fun of him.
#35 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Man, you people are lame.

#36 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Beating him with the sock sounds fun But I bet fire is way more funny, I just imagine the way the thugs in Urban Chaos scream ... I should go and play that game NOW!

#37 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Getz said:
@Br3adfan said:
@Getz said:
@Br3adfan said:

But that's exactly what you're doing to Jim Sterling.
How dull are you? I'm calling you a hypocrite. Your "retort" is baseless considering that I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, AND EVEN SAID SO IN MY POST. On the flip-side, you mock my opinion, and then tell me to not read opinions I don't agree with. I can't believe I had to just spell that out for you.
I suppose I should have rephrased the If you don't like what he has to say bit, but I didn't say that you should not read something because you disagree with someone's opinion. Opinions vary, obviously, but if what he is saying annoys you or bothers you in some way, don't read it. That's simply my main point of contention with your post.
#38 Posted by Aberrant (27 posts) -

I'd use the sock full of quarters to bash in those stupid reflective sunglasses.

#39 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I've only ever seen two of his videos, and in both he was a little bit dickish, but I completely understood where he was coming from. Maybe the rest of his opinions are shit and he's a complete asshole in everything else he's done, but from what I've seen, I don't understand the hate.

#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Since I don't venture outside Giant Bomb, somebody want to explain who this guy is? I've heard him called a troll, but that's about it.

#41 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

" Since I don't venture outside Giant Bomb, somebody want to explain who this guy is? I've heard him called a troll, but that's about it. "

I saw this video on Destructiod of which Jim Sterling writes for.

#42 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (466 posts) -

Simply hide his food. Doesn't seem that complicated.

Or don't hide his food, and wait for the massive heart attack that's quickly headed his way. 

#43 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Why isn't there a middle-of-the-road, "meh" response to this question?

#44 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
#45 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Video_Game_King:
im surprised you havent said anything about how youre the video game king already...  
#46 Posted by Choffy (444 posts) -

I thought we were talking about Sterling McGarvey for a second, and my eyes started filling with tears. But then I re-read the name, and now I don't care about this thread anymore.

#47 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @AjayRaz said:
You think your insults are clever. "
#48 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -
@Claude said:

" @Video_Game_King said:

" Since I don't venture outside Giant Bomb, somebody want to explain who this guy is? I've heard him called a troll, but that's about it. "

I saw this video on Destructiod of which Jim Sterling writes for.

**Video**
"
So before I either felt complete apathy or slight disgust for Jimmy, but after that video I think I might just love him. Hm
#49 Posted by Getz (3137 posts) -
@m0rdr3d said:
"

@Getz said:

" @Br3adfan said:
" @Getz said:
@Br3adfan said:

How dull are you? I'm calling you a hypocrite. Your "retort" is baseless considering that I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, AND EVEN SAID SO IN MY POST. On the flip-side, you mock my opinion, and then tell me to not read opinions I don't agree with. I can't believe I had to just spell that out for you. "

Rude!  Beat this man's testicles with a sock of quarters and then set him on fire. "
Oh my god. My hatred for Jim Sterling has blinded me, and as a consequence I have turned in to the thing I hate: a rude idiot extolling baseless accusations. I have seen the light!
#50 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Getz said:
" @m0rdr3d said:
"

@Getz said:

" @Br3adfan said:
" @Getz said:
@Br3adfan said:

How dull are you? I'm calling you a hypocrite. Your "retort" is baseless considering that I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, AND EVEN SAID SO IN MY POST. On the flip-side, you mock my opinion, and then tell me to not read opinions I don't agree with. I can't believe I had to just spell that out for you. "

Rude!  Beat this man's testicles with a sock of quarters and then set him on fire. "
Then do sex with my ashes and call us the video king.
Fixed