#1 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Yes... This is going to be a serious one folks! One where I feel the need to add more things to add in the Olympics to actually make them entertaining while also smarter. All of this is in my opinion of course.

1. Parkour needs to be in.

Parkour should be a major event where contestants go in and have to go through a obstacle course filled with many different jumps and rolling places in a area which constantly changes to obstruct the person in the event. It would not be random but pre-done so it isn't unfair to everyone while also preventing contestants from sneaking peaks at this event so there would need to be extra security in order to prevent them from knowing what to do beforehand. This way, it is fair for everyone and it can put in a whole new class of events for a sport which does require quite a bit of skill to do. Also it should also include multiple paths for the course so it can add some more variety to it instead of "throw ball the farthest" event... Which sucks hard.

2. Chess Boxing. Best of both worlds!

It takes smarts and brawn for it and you have to be damn good in both! Not only should this be an event. IMO it should replace boxing altogether so we can FORCE smarts within sports. IMO of course. Besides, seeing two people beat the shit out of each other only to place chess seconds later just seems funny as hell as their broken nose bleeds all over the chess set... is that a foul to do that?

3. Gun shooting should be in... explosions are secondary.

Gun shooting is a damn sport! Those that say it isn't pisses off the people with the guns! Does anyone see the major problem here? All you have to do is have a bullet proof glass all around the area the guys are shooting and everything should be fine. Pansies! All of you! Gun shows are always awesome! Why not have it as an event of some kind?

4. Other non-sports related events should occur as well.

This one always pissed me off. What about the smart guy? Huh? HUH!? Why can't he get a event like this?

I just don't want to see the worlds best brawn, I want to see the worlds best SMARTS as well! One event I imagine. Without a time limit. Would be one where they have a team of doctors from each country fix people with rare, but treatable conditions as best as humanly possible with each of their techniques without being rushed. This would encourage countries with shit health care for it's people to finally get their asses in gear to show off in front of other countries LIVE! Also the people with the operations being done on them would have all expenses paid trip and operation along with anything bad that may happen to them under the knife... insurance basically.

Another one should be a bunch of scientists in a Junkyard trying to produce something that could help people out with different subjects like lighting and electric power to even using chemicals for new uses in a limited amount of time! Like Junkyard wars but without hillbillies.

Also programmers who make new programs based off the wants of people around the world to vote on what they would want to try and make during the Olympics... speaking of which...

5. Olympics needs to be longer so it can't be rushed.

Rushing a athlete or a scientist can only result in bad things. I am just being honest. It should at least last 3 to 4 weeks long so it actually IS a world wide event of importance and for the advancement of humanity as a whole instead of a **** size comparison contest between countries it has been.

6 and finally! It needs actual performances every once a while instead of bum rushing it at the beginning.

Sure, it isn't the superbowl. But hell, look at China's fucking performances dammit! It was fucking amazing and made watching the Olympics that year fucking awesome! No one can deny that! I would love to see more events like that done. But with EVERY country having their own performances. Judged by either judges or people viewing with either internet or phone calls (one vote per person.) It should happen and I think it would make it all very entertaining to watch while also showing us everyone doing their damn best while also helping out humanity!

That's all folks.

Well... there's my ideas. I think watching those would be fun... I think anyway. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

There are already events where people shoot guns, in both the Summer and Winter Olympics.

#3 Edited by JacDG (2118 posts) -

I think your ideas are absolutely silly, and not good sily, Parkour might be alright though. Also, people shoot guns at the Olympics, at quite a few different events.. Double also, this is the Olympics, not Idol, X-factor or some other random not that great talent show.

#4 Posted by Baillie (4074 posts) -

No thanks. I think you're missing the point of the Olympics.

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Baillie said:

No thanks. I think you're missing the point of the Olympics.

Agreed
#6 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

Good God, longer!? I'm already sick of the Olympics, and it hasn't even started.

#7 Edited by LD50 (416 posts) -

I like the parkour idea. You could give the medical science teams the four years in between official events to cure a shitty disease, extra points for solving the immortality issue.

#8 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Jay, please stop drinking what you find under your sink. It makes your brain smooth.

#9 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Those are some really bad ideas dude.

#10 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (354 posts) -

I find it comical that your serious topics contain your silliest ideas. It takes intellect to do what an Olympic athlete does by the way...just saiyan...

#11 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

There are already events where people shoot guns, in both the Summer and Winter Olympics.

Wait!? What!? Dude... how the fuck did I miss that event!?

@JacDG said:

I think your ideas are absolutely silly, and not good sily, Parkour might be alright though. Also, people shoot guns at the Olympics, at quite a few different events.. Double also, this is the Olympics, not Idol, X-factor or some other random not that great talent show.

Um... it pretty much is a talent show. It is mainly used by all the countries just to see who is the best each year. Sorry to say, but it has always been a talent show.

@LD50 said:

I like the parkour idea. You could give the medical science teams the four years in between official events to cure a shitty disease, extra points for solving the immortality issue.

Also, this. It would encourage quite a bit of goodwill if we did the science part of Olympics like I said!

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

If you were to run the Olympics, there would be a lot more swearing :P.

#13 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

What the fuck did I just read.

#14 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

I don't think you know why the Olympics exist. There isn't "Chess Boxing" because it's not a fucking game show. And the fact that you don't know about the Shooting competitions leads me to believe you don't watch the Olympics anyway. These ideas are all silly.

#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

Well, it's almost tradition for Jay to be misinformed in every topic he makes.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Jay444111: watch the olympic games 2012 QL, they even play the shooting game IN IT.

#17 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

They clearly need to be upgraded to the Space Olympics.

#18 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

@Jay444111: I have never heard anyone say the Olympics is a talent show. hahaha

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7263 posts) -

More Ryan Davis.

Olympics 2012 Ryan Remix Deluxe
#20 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@ryanrulez said:

Good God, longer!? I'm already sick of the Olympics, and it hasn't even started.

Agreed. I'm sure the people who live in London aren't having a good time either.

@mtcantor said:

They clearly need to be upgraded to the Space Olympics.

That would certainly make the jumping and throwing shit events longer.

#21 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Oh jeez...

#22 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Mines would be like the Hunger Games, Battle Royale and Stephen King's The Long Walk all mixed into one giant blood bath. Ancient Rome ain't got shit for what I got planned.

#23 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@ShadowConqueror said:

Wait!? What!? Dude... how the fuck did I miss that event!?

Here you go.

#24 Edited by Jrinswand (1701 posts) -

"The game of chess is like a sword fight. You must think first before you move."

#25 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Parkour is stupid and if you think boxers are just mindlessly throwing punches around you're an idiot.

"force smarts within sports". lol

#26 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I like all of those ideas except the guns.there are enough international competitions involving guns.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

Parkour is the only thing listed that doesn't sound absolutely insane.