If people have seen Kick-Ass, what are your thoughts?

grayhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By grayhulk

I just watched Kick-Ass and my mind was completely blown away. Post your thoughts below and rate the movie on a scale of 1-5 for Giant Bomb rating purposes.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

I'm seeing it tonight, heard it's great

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nexas

I enjoyed it. There were some changes from the original comic that I wasn't too happy with, but overall I thought it was a great film.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By delta_ass

Great film. Best superhero movie since The Dark Knight.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

Hilarious. 4/5.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Going to see it tonight with a bunch of friends. Its the first movie i will have seen at the theater since Inglorious Basterds

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Cwaff

I thought it was pretty good, loved Hit Girl, such an awesome character. Though I didn't love it quite as much as I expected.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Chuggsy

Saw it last night, I loved it. Favorite movie since Up. Which is odd because they're exact opposites. But both fantastic in my opinion. 

Seeing it again with a girl as a first date later tonight. Worried she might not like it, I don't think she normally watches movies like this haha.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By TheKidNixon

Why, I wrote up a little review for it, which you can see over here. To save some time if not interested in reading all that: my thoughts boil down to that it was quite fun, but it could have been much more. The sense of satire that are hinted at the beginning of the movie really just turn into a big old sex-sand-violent juvenile fantasy. Which is great, if it weren't for the fact that the movie felt like it could have been (and had aspirations) to be so much more. 3 stars

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Ferginator4k

5- It kicked ass

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Duke_Lion

3 stars out of 5
Its so hard for me to talk about the movie without straight up ruining it.  So I will do my best.  I liked the changes they made to the story, except.....
 HUGE SPOILER! DONT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN IT!!!:

I was also disappointed with how toned down the violence was.  The comics pages were full of blood and gore.  And it seemed like the only reason this movie is R is for language.

But I still liked the movie a lot, it was really funny and the action was awesome.  Especially Big Daddy's part.  I was just let down about half way through.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Andorski
@TheKidNixon said:
" Why, I wrote up a little review for it, which you can see over here. To save some time if not interested in reading all that: my thoughts boil down to that it was quite fun, but it could have been much more. The sense of satire that are hinted at the beginning of the movie really just turn into a big old sex-sand-violent juvenile fantasy. Which is great, if it weren't for the fact that the movie felt like it could have been (and had aspirations) to be so much more. 3 stars "
Sounds exactly like the comic.  Great premise in the beginning, a lot of violence at the end.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheKidNixon
@Andorski said:
" @TheKidNixon said:
" Why, I wrote up a little review for it, which you can see over here. To save some time if not interested in reading all that: my thoughts boil down to that it was quite fun, but it could have been much more. The sense of satire that are hinted at the beginning of the movie really just turn into a big old sex-sand-violent juvenile fantasy. Which is great, if it weren't for the fact that the movie felt like it could have been (and had aspirations) to be so much more. 3 stars "
Sounds exactly like the comic.  Great premise in the beginning, a lot of violence at the end. "
They're pretty comparable. Much more so than, say, the Wanted movie.
Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Izaak

Reminded me of an Edgar Wright film, very funny. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187
@Nexas said:

" I enjoyed it. There were some changes from the original comic that I wasn't too happy with, but overall I thought it was a great film. "

Same here.  Big Daddy's origins, Red Mist's identity given away too easily, changed Genovese's name to Frank D'Amico, made the rumor that Dave was just gay and not a gay prostitute, Katie accepting everything with open arms... 

All in all, though, I still enjoyed the fuck out of the movie. 

@Duke_Lion: Maybe you've never seen this video of a real-life jetpack that actually costs LESS than $300,000?  Therefore, totally plausible to me.  =  D  Like I said in my previous statement, the movie was fun...just like the comic...and that's all that mattered to me.  I'm sad to see the changes, but I can live with them. 

@TheKidNixon: Wanted was a badass flick, though...despite the massive changes and overhauls.  If I wanted to see the comic all over again...I would read the comic.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheKidNixon
@jakob187 said:

@TheKidNixon: Wanted was a badass flick, though...despite the massive changes and overhauls.  If I wanted to see the comic all over again...I would read the comic. "
 I was neither speaking negatively or positively about the film, just that it has nearly nothing to do with the source material (though there are reasons for that; basically, the people who bought the rights did so on the strength of the first issue of the book and never were bothered to read, y'know, the rest of it). Kick-Ass, despite having some changes, is still far more faithful.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Th3_James

Loved it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
@TheKidNixon: Yeah, but faithful can be overrated.  I loved Watchmen, and I felt that was a pretty faithful recreation.  Regardless, it was still a tad boring at times.  I still love the flick, though. 

Also...I wouldn't have wanted a movie of the actual Wanted.  That would've just been too weird and confusing on-screen.  LOL  I mean, who really wants to see Shithead on a jumbo-sized screen?  
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By sjschmidt93

I feel so bad. My reaction to the first trailer was that it was going to shit, but I was wrong.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai

The movie is amazing go see it.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Brunchies

I'm seeing it tomorrow, looks really great. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
@Brunchies said:
" I'm seeing it tomorrow, looks really great.  "
Go in with slightly lower expectations, and it will be great.
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Toxin066

Thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my favorites this year.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Brunchies
@jakob187 said:
" @Brunchies said:
" I'm seeing it tomorrow, looks really great.  "
Go in with slightly lower expectations, and it will be great. "
Same with a lot of other movies and games, ok. 
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By apathylad

I enjoyed it. I never read the comic though. Although it did have a sense of humor, I wouldn't call it a comedy, given how brutal some scenes were. I hope people don't go in expecting something like Superbad just because Christopher Mintz-Plasse is in it.

BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BenX02

It's is an incredible movie. I was not really expecting much going in. It is literally one of the best movie's I have ever seen. Everyone needs to go see it.  

It might have dethroned The Dark Knight as my favorite movie of all time.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By alsnuts2

My review would look like this  
"Fun, hilarious violence" 4 stars

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheKidNixon
@jakob187 said:
" .  Also...I wouldn't have wanted a movie of the actual Wanted.  That would've just been too weird and confusing on-screen.  LOL  I mean, who really wants to see Shithead on a jumbo-sized screen?   "
That is more an issue of why they made the adaptation in the first place. I agree with Moore as far as Watchmen goes: its a piece of media designed to be experienced in a very particular way, much the same way that Citizen Kane or Sgt. Pepper's is. (Not getting into the 'Watchmen is the Citizen Kane of comic books' argument, just giving examples.) Which isn't to say that adaptations are bad; they can actually be quite good. My point is more if you're going to make a movie that has nothing in common with the comic you bought the rights to, then why did you bother in the first place? Kick-Ass, despite the changes they made from the comic, is in most the important ways the same story. (I think Big Daddy's origins being significantly different in  the two is a pretty major departure and fundamentally changes the character, but that is neither here nor there.) Wanted could have had a different title, changed a few bits of the opening dialogue/scenes and then never had to have given Millar a single red cent. I'm not angry that its different from the source material, just deeply confounded as to...why.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tunaburn

i seem to be the only person on this site that hates when movies let little kids beat up grown adults. thats utterly ridiculous. i cant stand when an 11 year old can physically beat up a 30 year old man. just not gonna happen.

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By tofford

Really awesome. I honestly think its Nicholas Cages best acting so far. Not that thats saying much

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ben99

I'm tempted