• 109 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by falserelic (5463 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: If someone was being unprofessional at there job would you try to get that person fired? (181 votes)

If whatever that person was doing was wrong then yeah... 61%
Nah I wouldn't try to get the person fired regardless if it was wrong... 39%

Yesterday at Planet Fitness people got upset at this personal trainer. Long story short he was training this overweight guy for a few months. I guess the trainer got fed up with him and started saying some harsh words. Telling him that training with him was a complete waste of his time, that the guy was lazy, and he called him a fatass. He ended up making the guy cry...

So these women got upset at the trainer and cussed him out. Then went to the manager to try and get him fired. As for me I just went right back into working out. Though I was thinking about the whole situation. I could see why the trainer lashed out, but it was unnecessary and wrong.

#52 Posted by spraynardtatum (3232 posts) -

It's called stepping up. Those women were absolutely right to get that guy fired. Sometimes people need to stand up for others. You should have helped.

#53 Posted by spraynardtatum (3232 posts) -

It's called stepping up. Those women were absolutely right to get that guy fired. Sometimes people need to stand up for others. You should have helped.

#54 Edited by RecSpec (3851 posts) -

What that guy did goes beyond "being unprofessional." I mean hell, a few MONTHS, he probably has a point, but still beyond unprofessional.

However, people not minding their own business like in this case irritate me even more. I mean it's not like he was hitting him. Go to his boss, sure. But cussing him out just makes it even more of a shit show.

#55 Edited by RedRavN (409 posts) -

@giantstalker: I don't want to be judgemental but thats kind of fucked up.

As for me, I would generally leave people be if it didn't affect me. But it depends on the specific nature of what's happening. If I saw someone abusing others or taking advantage of their power to screw people over I would take action. There are certain lines that should not be crossed. I have noticed that a lot of the people who talk and complain about professional ethics are often the people who are secretly violating their own policies. There is nothing worse than a hypocrite. Also, what people do in their private lives is none of my business and I couldn't care less. Unfortunately, in the american workplace it seems like we spend a lot of effort judging others for their personal habits rather than focusing on what they do at work. This just leads to good people getting screwed and the biggest assholes running the show.

#56 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@arabes said:

@brodehouse said:

Fat people are not children who require other people to babysit them/us. If the person he was talking to thought that their abuse had gone beyond the motivational level, they would do something themselves. Put down the kite shields, paladins, and let another adult deal with their own shit.

If a stranger did that 'on my behalf', I would be more furious than after the trainer cussed me out. ... Eh, it depends if I thought I deserved the cussing.

I say them/us because I've yoyo'd for the last few years. Right now I probably wouldn't count as fat, but I'm familiar enough with being.

What this guy said. The fat lad should stand up for himself instead of breaking down and crying like a gigantic baby. For fucks sake, he's just fat, it's not like he has fucking polio and he can't walk and the trainer is screaming at him for being lazy. Maybe if stopped being such a pussy he wouldn't mind being fat and he'd tell that trainer to go fuck himself. As it is, he just sounds pathetic.

You people are just as bad as that fucking asshole who made the man cry in the first place. Under no circumstances is it ever appropriate to make another person cry.

Especially considering the dude is paid to be supportive. It's his job to motivate the guy, not talk down to him and potentially demoralize him. Verbal abuse is unacceptable.

#57 Posted by falserelic (5463 posts) -

It's called stepping up. Those women were absolutely right to get that guy fired. Sometimes people need to stand up for others. You should have helped.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but he is a grown man. At the end of the day he has to stickup for himself. Because if something like that happens again and nobody's there to help him. Then everything is going to be on him at that point.

#58 Posted by spraynardtatum (3232 posts) -

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

#59 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

I would've stood up for that guy. Belittling someone who is trying to make a big change in their life is a no-no. I would've had the manager get that guy fired, then I would've made sure he couldn't get a job as a personal trainer again. There's a difference between motivating someone to work harder and just being an asshole for no reason.

#60 Edited by tourgen (4542 posts) -

fat dude can take care of himself. go to the manager and complain, stick his boot up the trainer's ass, etc. If he can't, well, no time like the present to learn how to.

If the other customers felt uncomfortable and the display was messing with their workout, then hell yes, by all means go to the manager and tell him to get his house in shape.

#61 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

Negative reinforcement is for fucking bootcamp, not a gym where you're trying to get in shape. That's what I hate about that contingent of gym-goers and fitness freaks, they just want everyone to be able to turn it on and go the extra mile, and then when they don't, or even can't, they get this holier than thou attitude about it like you lazy fuck just stop eating and run. It pisses me off, the level of insensitivity on display in those situations.

#62 Edited by falserelic (5463 posts) -

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

#63 Posted by Pezen (1630 posts) -

That's fucked up, and that guy I would totally be up for reporting to the gym's management and telling them I would probably reconsider my gym options if nothing is done about it. Also, no matter someone's age or whatever, if you make someone cry with words you're crossed the line several minutes ago. There's a line you cross. And then there's the line you cross that breaks people down. And there's often clear signs well before that says "Alright, you made your point, that's enough."

#64 Edited by CornBREDX (5607 posts) -

If its a co worker and it affects me (because what they are doing is blatantly wrong or causing customers to call back) and they do not listen when I correct them: yes.

If its someone serving me and they are being out right mean and unfriendly in an abusive way: yes

#65 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

Are you fat? Do you know what it's like for someone who's supposed to be helping you get in shape to belittle you to the point where you want to cry? Come on, man. At least the fucking guy was at the gym, which means he gave a fuck. If he didn't want to lose weight, he never would've set foot in the gym. It's just messed up, and I can understand why he wouldn't act on it to stick up for himself, considering the guy was probably built who was telling him what a lazy bastard he was. Come on, you can't tell me there was no intimidation involved.

#66 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

It would depend on the job and what they were doing.

#67 Edited by Kosayn (453 posts) -

This is a customer service job. All jobs carry potential firing for representing the organization badly to the public to some degree, even totally technical jobs if you manage to lose enough business for your boss. But none more than customer service.

Also, that guy's a dick. Gyms are intimidating enough to those who actually need them without someone copping this sort of attitude. I don't disagree that the overweight guy should try to be tougher, but there's always going to be people in this world that are vulnerable in some way. If you attack them just because the weak point is there rather than politely trying to convince someone to get tougher, you're a dick.

#68 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Nah

I'm pretty unprofessional myself tbqh

Online
#69 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Nah

I'm pretty unprofessional myself tbqh

Online
#70 Posted by falserelic (5463 posts) -

@greggd said:

@falserelic said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

Are you fat? Do you know what it's like for someone who's supposed to be helping you get in shape to belittle you to the point where you want to cry? Come on, man. At least the fucking guy was at the gym, which means he gave a fuck. If he didn't want to lose weight, he never would've set foot in the gym. It's just messed up, and I can understand why he wouldn't act on it to stick up for himself, considering the guy was probably built who was telling him what a lazy bastard he was. Come on, you can't tell me there was no intimidation involved.

I used to be 330 pounds and I've been made fun of alot. I'm pretty sure I can relate to how the guy feels, but if someone is in your face screaming at you. Scared or not at that point you should stickup for yourself. So what if the guy might be bulky? I wouldn't let him scream at me like a damn kid. Hell I've seen people that was small and big. That didn't take crap from anybody that tried to disrespect them.

#71 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@greggd said:

@falserelic said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

Are you fat? Do you know what it's like for someone who's supposed to be helping you get in shape to belittle you to the point where you want to cry? Come on, man. At least the fucking guy was at the gym, which means he gave a fuck. If he didn't want to lose weight, he never would've set foot in the gym. It's just messed up, and I can understand why he wouldn't act on it to stick up for himself, considering the guy was probably built who was telling him what a lazy bastard he was. Come on, you can't tell me there was no intimidation involved.

I used to be 330 pounds and I've been made fun of alot. I'm pretty sure I can relate to how the guy feels, but if someone is in your face screaming at you. Scared or not at that point you should stickup for yourself. So what if the guy might be bulky? I wouldn't let him scream at me like a damn kid. Hell I've seen people that was small and big. That didn't take crap from anybody that tried to disrespect them.

Great, good for you. This guy had a lower breaking point. I'm sorry, but I just feel sorry for the guy. He shouldn't have to put up with that shit, but at the same time, not everyone is brave enough to stand up for themselves in a situation like that. You don't really have the right to tell the guy to pick himself up and grow some balls, or whatever. The situation is fucked, and I can't believe you think the guy receiving the punishment is in the wrong at all.

#72 Posted by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

I say we get everyone at Giantbomb fired. Those motherfuckers every friday are the epitome of unprofessional.

#73 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

I say we get everyone at Giantbomb fired. Those motherfuckers every friday are the epitome of unprofessional.

I was waiting patiently for someone to make this joke, thank you for breaking the silence.

#74 Posted by falserelic (5463 posts) -

@greggd said:

@falserelic said:

@greggd said:

@falserelic said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

Are you fat? Do you know what it's like for someone who's supposed to be helping you get in shape to belittle you to the point where you want to cry? Come on, man. At least the fucking guy was at the gym, which means he gave a fuck. If he didn't want to lose weight, he never would've set foot in the gym. It's just messed up, and I can understand why he wouldn't act on it to stick up for himself, considering the guy was probably built who was telling him what a lazy bastard he was. Come on, you can't tell me there was no intimidation involved.

I used to be 330 pounds and I've been made fun of alot. I'm pretty sure I can relate to how the guy feels, but if someone is in your face screaming at you. Scared or not at that point you should stickup for yourself. So what if the guy might be bulky? I wouldn't let him scream at me like a damn kid. Hell I've seen people that was small and big. That didn't take crap from anybody that tried to disrespect them.

Great, good for you. This guy had a lower breaking point. I'm sorry, but I just feel sorry for the guy. He shouldn't have to put up with that shit, but at the same time, not everyone is brave enough to stand up for themselves in a situation like that. You don't really have the right to tell the guy to pick himself up and grow some balls, or whatever. The situation is fucked, and I can't believe you think the guy receiving the punishment is in the wrong at all.

Look I understand how you feel, and I apologize if what I said was harsh. The guy isn't in the wrong at all, but if he gets into a similar situation like that again. I wouldn't want him to breakdown like what happen at the gym.

#75 Posted by TheMatrixOnline (64 posts) -

Like if someone was a writer and they misspelled their in their headline? Yeah I probably fucking would fire that fuck.

#76 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@greggd said:

@falserelic said:

@greggd said:

@falserelic said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

Are you fat? Do you know what it's like for someone who's supposed to be helping you get in shape to belittle you to the point where you want to cry? Come on, man. At least the fucking guy was at the gym, which means he gave a fuck. If he didn't want to lose weight, he never would've set foot in the gym. It's just messed up, and I can understand why he wouldn't act on it to stick up for himself, considering the guy was probably built who was telling him what a lazy bastard he was. Come on, you can't tell me there was no intimidation involved.

I used to be 330 pounds and I've been made fun of alot. I'm pretty sure I can relate to how the guy feels, but if someone is in your face screaming at you. Scared or not at that point you should stickup for yourself. So what if the guy might be bulky? I wouldn't let him scream at me like a damn kid. Hell I've seen people that was small and big. That didn't take crap from anybody that tried to disrespect them.

Great, good for you. This guy had a lower breaking point. I'm sorry, but I just feel sorry for the guy. He shouldn't have to put up with that shit, but at the same time, not everyone is brave enough to stand up for themselves in a situation like that. You don't really have the right to tell the guy to pick himself up and grow some balls, or whatever. The situation is fucked, and I can't believe you think the guy receiving the punishment is in the wrong at all.

Look I understand how you feel, and I apologize if what I said was harsh. The guy isn't in the wrong at all, but if he gets into a similar situation like that again. I wouldn't want him to breakdown like what happen at the gym.

Okay, that I can agree with. He should learn from what happened here, that if someone is treating him like garbage after paying them money to help him, he has every right to go to their manager or supervisor and call him out with a complaint. He has every right to do so, so hopefully after this incident he won't let someone push him around like that in a similar situation. But hey, who knows. The guy might just be really timid, so if he chokes again, I still wouldn't blame him. Some people are just not good at dealing with direct conflict, and like to avoid it as much as possible. Not everyone is able to stand up to someone who's all in their face and say "fuck you, step down". But yeah, hopefully this gives him some perspective and courage going forward.

#77 Posted by redelectric (161 posts) -
#78 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Shit like that is exactly why I don't go to the gym. I'd rather work out on my own in the privacy of my home.

#80 Posted by Legion_ (1404 posts) -

I'd focus on doing my own job, like any real man.

#81 Edited by falserelic (5463 posts) -

@missacre said:

Shit like that is exactly why I don't go to the gym. I'd rather work out on my own in the privacy of my home.

For me I like to workout at gyms. It makes me motivated to train hard and get better. If someone tries to start trouble with me at the gym, then we can argue or square up. Either or I wouldn't let it discourage me from getting a good workout in.

#82 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

Depends on the situation really. Most of the time no I wouldn't say anything but if someone was really out of line like you describe I would definitely say something to a manager to at least let them know it happened.

#83 Posted by spraynardtatum (3232 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

@falserelic: I don't think the chubby guy getting bullied is the one at fault.

I didn't say he was at fault. I was just saying it's his decision if he's going to let someone run over him. I know there's people that has low-self esteem issues, but if you let someone mistreat you over and over. They will keep doing it unless you do something about it.

Yeah, but when the guy doesn't step up and you're watching him break down you have to do something.

#84 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (384 posts) -

I dunno. Sometimes that's just another way of trying to motivate someone. Tough love I guess? I don't know if I would necessarily do anything to get him fired. I usually only step in if it's starting to look like it's going to get physical. That isn't the best time to say anything either though as it can put you in a bad situation.

#85 Edited by fuzzypumpkin (384 posts) -

I dunno. Sometimes that's just another way of trying to motivate someone. Tough love I guess? I don't know if I would necessarily do anything to get him fired. I usually only step in if it's starting to look like it's going to get physical. That isn't the best time to say anything either though as it can put you in a bad situation.

#86 Posted by falserelic (5463 posts) -

I dunno. Sometimes that's just another way of trying to motivate someone. Tough love I guess? I don't know if I would necessarily do anything to get him fired. I usually only step in if it's starting to look like it's going to get physical. That isn't the best time to say anything either though as it can put you in a bad situation.

In the past I've step in to stop a fight while a boy was getting badly beaten, but usually I'll mind my own business. Sometimes getting involved in situations can bring you alot of trouble, and in the end its not worth it.

#87 Posted by Brodehouse (10072 posts) -

@arabes said:

@brodehouse said:

Fat people are not children who require other people to babysit them/us. If the person he was talking to thought that their abuse had gone beyond the motivational level, they would do something themselves. Put down the kite shields, paladins, and let another adult deal with their own shit.

If a stranger did that 'on my behalf', I would be more furious than after the trainer cussed me out. ... Eh, it depends if I thought I deserved the cussing.

I say them/us because I've yoyo'd for the last few years. Right now I probably wouldn't count as fat, but I'm familiar enough with being.

What this guy said. The fat lad should stand up for himself instead of breaking down and crying like a gigantic baby. For fucks sake, he's just fat, it's not like he has fucking polio and he can't walk and the trainer is screaming at him for being lazy. Maybe if stopped being such a pussy he wouldn't mind being fat and he'd tell that trainer to go fuck himself. As it is, he just sounds pathetic.

You people are just as bad as that fucking asshole who made the man cry in the first place. Under no circumstances is it ever appropriate to make another person cry.

Really? So by failing to take over for another person and defend their honor because of a verbal insult, I am now exactly the same as someone who is actively insulting a person. These are some incredible moral equivalences.

He's an adult. He has agency. This isn't violence or crime, this is just verbal abuse. Why is the first response to anyone doing anything unpleasant is to find an authority figure to force them to stop?

Online
#88 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

This situation occurs all the time.

Basically, if you want to get someone fired/penalized, you need at least 3 witnesses to their unprofessionalism. Any less and it becomes a "your word against his" situation, which is of course a nightmare for everyone.

#89 Posted by OurSin_360 (936 posts) -

Them dudes make bank, hell yeah he should be fired for that and get somebody more deserving into that position. He's paying you to help him out, if he chooses to waste his money, why would you yell out him? You still getting paid. Lashing out at the guy is just lame, obviously he's got more wrong with him than being overweight, that's probably just a symptom of a larger emotional issue.

We have a zero-tolerance policy on drugs in the Canadian Forces, and three of us ended a roommate's career in the army by telling the military police he possessed marijuana in his truck.

They found it and the guy got busted, but I still don't know how I feel about it. When it came to actual soldiering he was competent. The guy was a veteran and was probably having a rougher time coping with his troubles post-tour, which explains why he was using it. But it's still a blatant contradiction of the code of service discipline, and us knowing without telling anyone was itself a crime under that code.

No offense, but that's just lame. Not like he was smoking crack or shooting heroin, every job has a zero drug policy man stop snitching. Unless he was getting high on the job and putting peoples lives at risk, why would anybody honestly care if he smoked a joint after work? No worse than having a few beers honestly.

#90 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6305 posts) -

I wouldn't necessarily be pissed at the trainer, it's his job to push his trainees, but what he said was pretty stupid. I mean, a fat guy with no willpower should be a personal trainer's wet dream, because they won't really get anywhere and they'll keep paying for the sessions. The trainer shouldn't actually give a shit if their trainee refuses to fully commit so long as their money's on point.

Personally I keep my head down and mind my own fucking business. Unless it directly effects me I couldn't give a shit how much other people cheat or slack in the workplace.

#91 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

No. The only situation I have been in that was remotely like that was a series of negligent actions by a fellow employee that resulted in a great deal of harm done both to company property and also to our clients. In that situation I did inform my boss of the damage(s), and boss figured out the rest on his own. The employee in question was not fired as a result of this, by the way.

#92 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

@humanity said:

@duskvamp said:

I work in a store where my manager, who is married, is sleeping around with married and engaged coworkers of mine. They get a lot of preferential treatment, getting to go home when they want, have days off, sit in the office with him all day and made one of them manager when everyone agreed that she was the least capable out of all the applicants. People have complained to head office about him and they said they'd carry out an investigation but nothing happened, then again he's also close friends with the ladies in head office.

There are so many people that have great positions that don't deserve them, if you know the right people you can get away with anything.

Thankfully you are moving to America soon so your problems will be gone.

Yeah, next summer hopefully! :) Though I'm sure when I get a job there in the future, there will probably be more drama.

#93 Posted by Humanity (9582 posts) -

@duskvamp said:

@humanity said:

@duskvamp said:

I work in a store where my manager, who is married, is sleeping around with married and engaged coworkers of mine. They get a lot of preferential treatment, getting to go home when they want, have days off, sit in the office with him all day and made one of them manager when everyone agreed that she was the least capable out of all the applicants. People have complained to head office about him and they said they'd carry out an investigation but nothing happened, then again he's also close friends with the ladies in head office.

There are so many people that have great positions that don't deserve them, if you know the right people you can get away with anything.

Thankfully you are moving to America soon so your problems will be gone.

Yeah, next summer hopefully! :) Though I'm sure when I get a job there in the future, there will probably be more drama.

Americans love British accents. When you'll meet people for the first time everyone will act like they've never met another human being before. In addition, everyone will automatically assume you are really smart because of your accent - job interviews should be a cinch! I say marry the "bloke" you're with, get citizenship, then look for a wealthy oil tycoon and marry into disgusting amounts of money. Perfect plan, profit, profit, profit. I mean you can still keep in touch with the other dood, like, over Skype, from your private jet..

#94 Posted by Arabes (339 posts) -

@alwaysbebombing: Fuck you. He's a grown fuckin man who's crying because someone cause someone called him a lazy fat ass, if he can't stand up for himself to someone swearing at him then he deserves to be thrown to the wolves. He's not a baby, stranger shouldn't being going to complain on his behalf. If he wanted to lodge a complaint then he should have done it himself. Seriously, a grown man shouldn't cry cause someone gave out to him, that's just fucking ridiculous. And it's not even as if the trainer was wrong the dude obviously is a lazy fat ass. Other wise he woudln't be so fucking fat. If he's serious about getting fit or what ever it was he was doing then he will need to surmount bigger obstacles than someone giving him a hard time for christ's sake.

And by the way, there are times when making someone cry is a perfectly legitimate. Especially when they need a good kick up the arse.

#95 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1620 posts) -

@arabes said:

@alwaysbebombing: Fuck you. He's a grown fuckin man who's crying because someone cause someone called him a lazy fat ass, if he can't stand up for himself to someone swearing at him then he deserves to be thrown to the wolves. He's not a baby, stranger shouldn't being going to complain on his behalf. If he wanted to lodge a complaint then he should have done it himself. Seriously, a grown man shouldn't cry cause someone gave out to him, that's just fucking ridiculous. And it's not even as if the trainer was wrong the dude obviously is a lazy fat ass. Other wise he woudln't be so fucking fat. If he's serious about getting fit or what ever it was he was doing then he will need to surmount bigger obstacles than someone giving him a hard time for christ's sake.

And by the way, there are times when making someone cry is a perfectly legitimate. Especially when they need a good kick up the arse.

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who cause pain, and those who prevent it. I guess we know what kind of person you are.

#96 Posted by EpicSteve (6492 posts) -

Planet Fitness is the worst goddamn gym out there in so many ways.

#97 Posted by Winsord (1247 posts) -

@oursin_360 said:

@giantstalker said:

We have a zero-tolerance policy on drugs in the Canadian Forces, and three of us ended a roommate's career in the army by telling the military police he possessed marijuana in his truck.

They found it and the guy got busted, but I still don't know how I feel about it. When it came to actual soldiering he was competent. The guy was a veteran and was probably having a rougher time coping with his troubles post-tour, which explains why he was using it. But it's still a blatant contradiction of the code of service discipline, and us knowing without telling anyone was itself a crime under that code.

No offense, but that's just lame. Not like he was smoking crack or shooting heroin, every job has a zero drug policy man stop snitching. Unless he was getting high on the job and putting peoples lives at risk, why would anybody honestly care if he smoked a joint after work? No worse than having a few beers honestly.

Your view on drugs isn't relevant here; it's a criticism of the CAF, not of the character of the three bystanders. The big problem is that one guy put all of them at risk of getting into a lot of trouble for his decision (it wouldn't be a big deal normally, but unsurprisingly enough the army takes the law very seriously). He knew the rules, he chose to break them, and he put the other guys at risk as a result, thanks to his self-indulgence. So unless you meant to say that the Canadian Government's view of and legislation on the substance is 'lame', I disagree entirely. While the rule that got him into trouble in the first place is dumb, it was still a pretty selfish thing to do.

#98 Edited by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

In my line of work I have to discuss potential issues with potential perpetrators. The discussion is to be had between therapist and I would always assume the perpetrator is innocent. If they aren't and they aren't willing to change their behavior I'm required to report them.

Before I was a therapist I probably wouldn't report employees. I might talk to them but I wouldn't go further than that.

#99 Posted by wjb (1674 posts) -

Planet Fitness is the worst goddamn gym out there in so many ways.

I used to pay more for a Y membership just so I would avoid Planet Fitness or Gold's Gym. Now I do everything from home since I have a bench, a yoga ball, and a stationary bike.

My chances of getting stabbed in a parking lot at night have decreased exponentially.