• 94 results
Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atary77

With the site now owned by the same network that produces everyone's favorite sitcom about nerds you'd have to wonder what in the world would happen if by some extremely unlikely chance Jeff, Ryan, Patrick, Brad, Vinnie, and Alex some how managed to end up on an episode of The Big Bang Theory. I myself have been a little out of touch with the show recently since I haven't given myself time to tune in but from what I have seen I'm sure the Giant Bombers would end up on an episode that would have the guys (and one gal) from BBT in some video game competition of some sorts. They wouldn't have to play themselves but could play characters with different names. Though if they did play themselves I'd imagine Sheldon trying to bring up some error with one of their reviews, and then promptly be shut-down.

Right away I would want to see Ryan have a stare down with Sheldon. Like not even thinking about the video game angle just to see that happen would be freaking hilarious. Though I'm sure we can all agree Ryan would win. Also I'm more than certain any one of the GB guys could steal Penny away from Leonard (Me personally I vote Brad since I'm sure he could use that deep voice and smooth attitude of his to win her over). To top it all off I'd have to see Alex and/or Jeff threaten to cut the guys from BBT.

Again I'm just kinda shooting off crazy ideas but what do you folks think? Good idea? Bad Idea? What are your ideas!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

If they were on The Big Bang Theory, it might not be the worst show on television.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

Talk about a show that should have ended two seasons ago.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zeforgotten
@Phatmac: Now we just need someone to edit it so instead of laughter there's a bunch of people just moaning, sighing and just hating the "jokes" on the show" 
"Oh.. 'facepalm'" ... "ugh, terrible" ... and so on 
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaggE

@Phatmac: That works with every sitcom with a laugh track. No idea why that one gets so much attention.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Deusx

I think the GB crew would be way too cynical for those guys. I do like TBBT though.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wampa1

I was going to come in here and shit all over the Big bang theory and the way it's actually almost insulting to geeks, thankfully that has already been done.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meowshi
everyone's favorite sitcom about nerds

BBT is geek blackface. CBS comedians are awful.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Phatmac

@ShaggE: Seinfeld.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaggE

@Phatmac said:

@ShaggE: Seinfeld.

Can't find any (good) examples of that, but I'd believe that Seinfeld would be an exception, if only for its unconventional style.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

No, this is everyone's favorite show about nerds:

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

i don't like the show. i've been trying to watch the show and i can't laugh at it. i watch reruns of it before i watch two and a half men. i have to say that they both are bad sitcoms.

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Willtron

Of all the things that came to your head when Giant Bomb was bought by CBS, this was it? And then, you spent more than five seconds thinking about it?

Huh.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I still find the BBT more amusing than Two and a Half Men

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they were on this show, I would then be able to say that they officially sold out

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Yes please, the Big Bang Theory is awesome. I actually mentioned them being on it when them going to CBS was first announced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they made it on that fucking terrible, terrrrrible show, I would be beyond sad.

Seriously, fuck that show.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude
@NekuSakuraba said:
Yes please, the Big Bang Theory is awesome. I actually mentioned them being on it when them going to CBS was first announced.
I love the Big Bang Theory too Neku. People that hate laugh tracks and show youtube videos without it just don't get it. It's a fun show with cool characters.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Claude
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

If they made it on that fucking terrible, terrrrrible show, I would be beyond sad.

Don't tell me you like Community.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Claude said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I can't say that I've ever watched it, Claude. People have recommended it to me many times though. I'm guessing you don't think too highly of it?

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Double0hFor

DEATH TO CHUCK LORRE FOR MAKING SUCH SHITTY "SITCOMS" OR SHITCOMS AS YOU MAY

yes i am mad

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Linkin10362

@Claude said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I love that if you hate BBT, you have to like Community. I see that everywhere, but hey I agree as that's how I am.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Claude
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@Claude said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I can't say that I've ever watched it, Claude. People have recommended it to me many times though. I'm guessing you don't think too highly of it?

There was a little Screened thing going on about Community and The Big Bang Theory. I was just looking for a fight. I like old style sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory. I find the show to be like comfort food. Yummy for what it is even though it's rotting my brain.
joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By joshthebear

WTF, really?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude
@Linkin10362 said:

@Claude said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I love that if you hate BBT, you have to like Community. I see that everywhere, but hey I agree as that's how I am.

I like BBT, but find Community rather pretentious and too off the cuff for my tastes. I'm sure there are people who like both. I just remember being on Screened and everyone hated BBT for the most part and loved their beloved Community and were incensed when it almost got cancelled.
Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkin10362

@Claude said:

@Linkin10362 said:

@Claude said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I like BBT, but find Community rather pretentious and too off the cuff for my tastes. I'm sure there are people who like both. I just remember being on Screened and everyone hated BBT for the most part and loved their beloved Community and were incensed when it almost got cancelled.

I really hate the fanbase that acts like Community is the Holy Grail and everything else on TV is shit despite never watching it, I at least attempt to watch a few episodes of another show to make my own opinion. I understand why you don't like the show, but I really like the odd directions it takes which is a major risk (Explaining the possible chance that there won't be a Season 4). For example, the most recent episode was a parody of Ken Burns' Civil War documentary and I don't believe many shows would attempt things like that and it's most of the reason so many people love Community compared to the standard sitcom pattern.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Claude
@Linkin10362 said:

@Claude said:

@Linkin10362 said:

@Claude said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I really hate the fanbase that acts like Community is the Holy Grail and everything else on TV is shit despite never watching it, I at least attempt to watch a few episodes of another show to make my own opinion. I understand why you don't like the show, but I really like the odd directions it takes which is a major risk (Explaining the possible chance that there won't be a Season 4). For example, the most recent episode was a parody of Ken Burns' Civil War documentary and I don't believe many shows would attempt things like that and it's most of the reason so many people love Community compared to the standard sitcom pattern.

Good points. I wouldn't mind seeing that episode.
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ch3burashka

I would kill them, you and then me. I haven't seen Big Bang Theory, but the commercials have informed my decision to avoid it. It truly is the "geek show" for people who don't know what a geek is made by people who don't know what a geek is.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gross

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CH3BURASHKA said:

I would kill them, you and then me. I haven't seen Big Bang Theory, but the commercials have informed my decision to avoid it. It truly is the "geek show" for people who don't know what a geek is made by people who don't know what a geek is.

Considering it's about a bunch of introverts who obsess over comic books, video games, and sci-fi, it's not really that out of touch. A TV show about a bunch of fat neckbeards who spend their days posting on forums wouldn't be appealing, so they had to dress geeks up a bit.

Having said all that, I think the show sucks.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ghostiet

@Red said:

SPEAK PRRRRIEST

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MeierTheRed

It would still suck if they where on it.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JBird

@ShaggE: It doesn't have a laugh track. Hence the "filmed in front of a studio audience". There was a making of show on E4 last week and they did a studio tour, there's a huge stand of seating like off a chat show.

Also wow really don't get the hate by most of the posters for this show! I think its a well made and funny show!

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By beeftothetaco

God I hate that show. If it weren't for the laugh tracks, it could just as easily be a shitty drama.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Claude
@Ghostiet said:

@Red said:

SPEAK PRRRRIEST

Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't watch this show if you paid me.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ghostiet
@Claude said:
@Ghostiet said:

@Red said:

SPEAK PRRRRIEST

Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't watch this show if you paid me.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Claude
@Ghostiet: Sorry, nothing.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Harkat

@Phatmac: Oh god, that's painful to watch.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Claude
@Harkat said:

@Phatmac: Oh god, that's painful to watch.

Because it's taken out of context. The show is filmed in front of a live audience. The laugh track is enhanced of course, but watching it without it is just wrong.
Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By Zleunamme

Stating that the Big Bang Theory is everybody's favorite sitcom is a fallacy of argument -bandwagon. It would be cool if it happened but that is very doubtful. Executives and casting agents determine who appear on tv shows. They will end picking people who have mainstream recognition or notoriety. Tv audiences are bigger than internet communities. It will be interesting to see how much influence Giant Bomb has outside of CBS interactive.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By supamon

It would become The Giant Bomb Theory.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Dixavd

I think people who hate The Big Bang Theory are just misguided. The hate should go to anyone who watches the show and then believes that everyone in geek culture is like that - those people are moronic assholes, just like the Jersey shore isn't a good description of what it actually is like to live there.

They are always going to have to play-up the absurdity of a premise to make it watchable at all (the IT Crowd does the exact same thing, anyone who thinks it is a good description of what life is like in the IT department is an idiot). If you hate the premise of the TBBT but you cannot simply call it bad, it is well written with quite a lot of variety in episodes and it is one of the only old-style comedy shows who's characters are consistent.

That said, I really don't like the idea of the Giantbomb guys appearing in TBBT mostly due to a lot of people being assholes and then judging not only them but everyone on the site into one kind of people, believing we all must like TBBT - plus there are the people who live and die by the words of the Giantbomb crew and would become even more annoying referencing the show and turning the entire event into a meme. No thanks.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fattony12000

I don't like it because it's not funny.

OR AM I JUST BEING INDOCTRINATED?

INDOCTRINATION THEORY INDOCTRINATCIG THEORG INCODTOCIOAN THEOFRY

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zakkro

I have a hard time finding enjoyment out of traditionally-made sitcoms anymore. Maybe I'm too cynical or something? Anyways, I think their time could be better spent elsewhere, like something that isn't awful.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Phatmac: Awkward inserted silences and quick cut edits (I watched both versions) don't prove that the show isn't funny, they just illustrate that the editor doesn't get or enjoy popcorn sitcom humour.  There's a reason why it's recorded infront of a live audience;  half of the energy comes from the audience feedback (as the blooper reels always prove).   It's not a clever or as smart as something like Arrested Development or Curb but it's not trying to be.  Video game hipsters are missing the point.
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Ghostiet: IT Crowd all the way!

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dunchad

I watch both BBT and Community - don't find either of them very funny though and often wonder why I watch them. Sort of a habit I guess. To be honest, I prefer Whitney to both of them - I think I've actually laughed a few times, while watching that. 30 Rock also seems to hit the right spot, more often that not.

As for the OPs idea: Please, god - no.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SlasherMan

I don't get the people who hate on BBT. It's funny, it's silly, who cares about factual accuracy? Watch a documentary if that's all you care about. And what the hell is "geek culture", anyway? There is no such thing.

IT Crowd seems like a great show. Might start watching that, too.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wasara88

No no no no no and no. Even if bbt wasn't a shit show it still wouldn't be a good idea.