• 94 results
Foxtrot0245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Foxtrot0245

I'm glad that I have seen this kind of response to Big Bang Theory here, I thought it was just me. God, that show is the worst.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By CL60

GiantBomb, the site that hates everything.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Tylea002

I like Big Bang theory.

I like The IT Crowd.

I like Seinfeld.

I like Arrested Development.

I hate Friends.

And that's my sitcom spectrum for the day, too much hate over here. BBT's not that bad, Sheldon's a funny character.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I hate television.

I beat all of you.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By mnzy
@Phatmac said:

There is no laugh track. 

@Tylea002  said: 

I like Big Bang theory.

I like The IT Crowd.

I like Seinfeld.

I like Arrested Development.

I hate Friends.

And that's my sitcom spectrum for the day, too much hate over here. BBT's not that bad, Sheldon's a funny character.

I like you. And you should watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Wasara88: I own both SPACED and BBT.  What now? 
stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By stubbleman

I think some of you are missing the point of that laugh track video. The point of cutting the laugh track isn't to trick you with awkward silence. It's to let you judge weather a beat is funny by itself or not. You're supposed to judge how much of what's said in that scene is really funny and compare that to how much laughter is spliced in over it. The idea is that there is way too much laughter for what there is actual humorous dialogue. The fact of the matter is, they can't get past two words coming in the front door in that show without ten seconds of fucking laughter. It's overkill. And there is functionally no real difference between a laugh track and filmed in front of a live studio audience. Just because those people are there to laugh way too much at shit that isn't really all that funny doesn't make it any better. Now, the people who take that video as evidence that the writing is terrible are off base. The problem is with the laugh track foremost, not the writing. But when you see how few real laughs are in there, you start to see the seams of the writing, which I would say is at least a little lacking. The first couple seasons seem pretty alright, but anymore it's just 20 minutes of laughter with some nerdy looking people talking over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If they made it on there, they would be on a horribly shitty show, but at least they would get paid.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wasara88

@SeriouslyNow: I really don't give a shit. I still think BBT is shit and Spaced is not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#60  Edited By Yummylee

Even with the laugh track, I still don't find BBT very funny. And I actually like to watch comedies in that format as well; Frasier, Taxi, King of Queens, 3rd Rock From The Sun, and even Everybody Loves Raymond can still get me bawling.

Oh, and Only Fools & Horses. Can't believe they're doing a prequel with a younger Del Boy O_o .

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By KowalskiManDown

If they were on The Big Bang Theory, it might actually be worth watching for once. The British sitcom The IT Crowd is so much better.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Damian

@somnambulist said:

I think some of you are missing the point of that laugh track video. The point of cutting the laugh track isn't to trick you with awkward silence. It's to let you judge weather a beat is funny by itself or not. You're supposed to judge how much of what's said in that scene is really funny and compare that to how much laughter is spliced in over it. The idea is that there is way too much laughter for what there is actual humorous dialogue. The fact of the matter is, they can't get past two words coming in the front door in that show without ten seconds of fucking laughter. It's overkill. And there is functionally no real difference between a laugh track and filmed in front of a live studio audience. Just because those people are there to laugh way too much at shit that isn't really all that funny doesn't make it any better. Now, the people who take that video as evidence that the writing is terrible are off base. The problem is with the laugh track foremost, not the writing. But when you see how few real laughs are in there, you start to see the seams of the writing, which I would say is at least a little lacking. The first couple seasons seem pretty alright, but anymore it's just 20 minutes of laughter with some nerdy looking people talking over it.

The 'no laugh track' video proves nothing. It's a dumb attempt to discredit a show. Nothing more. I don't laugh anywhere close to the amount of any studio audience ever. I also don't go "AWWWWWW!" when something cute happens, but that doesn't mean something ain't cute. I also don't clap when I hear a stand up comedian tell a rant joke, or go "OOOOOOOOO!" when someone insults someone else's honour. But audiences do this all the time, and it shouldn't effect one's enjoyment as much as it seems to the people who put up that TBBT no laugh track video.

I think it's almost entirely a generational thing. And younger folk are getting more used to no studio audiences in their comedy. That's fine by me. I certainly don't need them in my shows (when a show isn't made with an audience in mind). I love Louie, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Modern Family but I also like Lucky Louie, Seinfeld, The Big Bang Theory and many other classic shows filmed before a live studio audience.

All that said, this is a terrible idea OP. Though, I'd lose my shit if I saw Sheldon wearing a GB shirt or Luchadeer hiding in the background. Something small like that.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle
@CL60
GiantBomb, the site that hates everything.
That seems to be the entire Internet as of late.

Kinda getting tiring guys...
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By InternetCrab

@Red said:

No, this is everyone's favorite show about nerds:

Greatest show ever! Good to watch when you have nothing to do and want to laugh your intestines out.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@somnambulist said:

Why are people so insistent on EDUCATING other people who don't need to be educated?  The beats are funny, it's just that gamer and comedy hipsters can't seem to accept that comedy isn't always clever or smart.  One of the funniest and most insightful movies on the comedic writing process is based around the telling of a particularly crass and utterly unclever joke and it's not so much that the joke itself is the key, but moreso the variety in the telling of it.  All of the contributing comedians to The Aristocrats are funny for a wide variety of different reasons and this is much the same.  You don't like the way Lorre times out his beats but that doesn't make them strained or unfunny.  It just makes them not to your tastes.  And that's fine, but don't try and educate me on mine.  Fuck.

@Wasara88 said:

@SeriouslyNow: I really don't give a shit. I still think BBT is shit and Spaced is not.

That's nice.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a modern day minstrel show about nerds.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By laserbolts

@Milkman said:

If they were on The Big Bang Theory, it might not be the worst show on television.

Yeah I agree shows isn't remotely funny in its current state.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CptBedlam

I like the show quite a bit and the hate is just silly.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AngelN7

It would make the show a whole lot better.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Cloudenvy

@laserbolts said:

@Milkman said:

If they were on The Big Bang Theory, it might not be the worst show on television.

Yeah I agree shows isn't remotely funny in its current state.

Pretty much this, TBBT is some of the most unfunny comedy I've seen in a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Big Bang Theory is a black hole of comedy.

So a dude with an anthropomorphic fox dressed as a Team Fortress 2 character has written a thread to justify his BBT/Giant Bomb fan fiction.  

MrMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MrMo

So much anger, on the Internet no less!

Guys humor is subjective no one is going to win this argument. Comedy stuff of any kind is hard to judge legitimately in any way because you can simply deter any argument be it bad writing, plot holes, lack of style or whatever by saying 'well I found it funny therefore, it is funny'

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@MrMo: Didn't you know that the internet is still mad that NBC decided to place their low ratings but huge cult following sitcom Community up against a CBS juggernaut that is Big Bang Theory.  

Sure I hate Big Bang Theory because I don't think the jokes are funny but then again CBS programming isn't made for me. It's audience is made up entirely of the elderly and the simple minded.  Which is why they are consistently ranked number 1.  
I only watch CBS for college basketball and the NFL. 
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mnzy
@bartok said:
 Sure I hate Big Bang Theory because I don't think the jokes are funny but then again CBS programming isn't made for me. It's audience is made up entirely of the elderly and the simple minded.  Which is why they are consistently ranked number 1.   I only watch CBS for college basketball and the NFL. 
Such an arrogant thing to say.
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75  Edited By Levio

the real question is why, out of all the extremely terrible shows out there, people choose to hate on BBT. I mean come on, FamilyGuy/SouthPark/AmericanDad literally show characters playing with their own feces, yet people will defend these shows to death as comedy gold.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

I would prefer if they were on Black Books...also, I would like Black Books on the air again.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AngelN7

@Levio said:

the real question is why, out of all the extremely terrible shows out there, people choose to hate on BBT. I mean come on, FamilyGuy/SouthPark/AmericanDad literally show characters playing with their own feces, yet people will defend these shows to death as comedy gold.

What? is there's one thing people hate is Family Guy wich wasn't bad for a while , the reason I don't like TBBT is not because is popular is because the characters suck and the jokes aren't funny at all is just easy to asume everyone just hates everything.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By myke_tuna

I don't like The Big Bang Theory, but I do like Community. 

Am I at fault here?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Nux

I really like The Big Bang Theory but I dont think the GB crew would mix well with them. I just think it would be to weird.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By NegativeCero

I've never seen the show. Judging from the comments, I probably wouldn't like it because of its traditional sitcom-iness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920db24c8cbf
deactivated-5920db24c8cbf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheHumanDove

The Big Bang Theory is soo bad. The 'nerd humour' isn't clever in the slightest. Exploiting stereotypes should be clever at least. I'm disappointed in humanity

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By 1momosauky

I see Big Bang Theory in the same league of shameless stereotyping as the AXE only for men deodorant campaign.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By EvilKatarn

I wish I could've seen this thread earlier so my response wouldn't be so ill-placed.

Nevertheless, this needs to be said. Here goes...

NO. NONONONONO. NOOOOOO. NO!

My friend Michael Scott also had a few words to throw in regarding the subject.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86  Edited By Linkin10362

@Dunchad said:

I watch both BBT and Community - don't find either of them very funny though and often wonder why I watch them. Sort of a habit I guess. To be honest, I prefer Whitney to both of them - I think I've actually laughed a few times, while watching that. 30 Rock also seems to hit the right spot, more often that not.

As for the OPs idea: Please, god - no.

That explains it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#87  Edited By Sooperspy

The IT Crowd is a much much better nerd sitcom than TBBT.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By FreakAche

The thing that I dislike the most about The Big Bang Theory is not the show itself, but the fact that a bunch of Community fans seem to spend more time whining about BBT than they do actually talking about Community. Which is a real shame, because I would much rather talk about Community.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#89  Edited By Yummylee

@Scarlet_Rogue said:

I would prefer if they were on Black Books...also, I would like Black Books on the air again.

I ate all your bees!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phatmac said:

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#91  Edited By Oni

Just coming in here to add that BBT is fucking awful. Like, so bad it's physically painful for me to watch. If you're a nerd (and you are, if you're reading this) and you like it, at least be like Claude and just say straight up that you have no standards when it comes to TV and you just wanna veg out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeflonBilly:

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By NoobSauceG7

It would be a respectable show...

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ShaggE

@JBird said:

@ShaggE: It doesn't have a laugh track. Hence the "filmed in front of a studio audience". There was a making of show on E4 last week and they did a studio tour, there's a huge stand of seating like off a chat show.

Also wow really don't get the hate by most of the posters for this show! I think its a well made and funny show!

I use "laugh track" as a catch-all term for laughter in a sitcom. I know it's a live audience.