If their was a draft, would you take military service or jail?

• 54 results
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CreamyGoodness

i would take the service, i am currently working on becoming a Canadian forces pilot.  i just got into The Royal Canadian Military College in Manitoba?/ would you take service or go to jail

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It depends on what the war was.

h8smikemoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By h8smikemoore

i wouldnt take the draft, ecause i find it to be bullshit that the government even thinks it has that right in the first place.

i would evade the police to avoid jailtime the best i could

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Can't jail me if they can't find me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien

The aforesaid pseudo-novel will enlighten you on this topic, regardless of your opinion. 
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien

The aforesaid pseudo-novel will enlighten you on this topic, regardless of your opinion. "
Love that book.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose
Jayge said:
"Can't jail me if they can't find me."
This
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Black_Rose said:
"Jayge said:
This"
cowards
Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Shadow2K6

Depends on the war. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
CreamyGoodness said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Jayge said:
This"
cowards"
Idiot.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

I would never fight for a war I didn't believe in and for you to do so, is cowardly. Fight for what you believe in and if that fight is to preserve your own life and claim it as the property of none other than yourself, then good for you.

I believe that the draft is unconstitutional and I would only fight a war if it was a war on American soil or a war that I felt was necessary.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CreamyGoodness
BiggerBomb said:
"I would never fight for a war I didn't believe in and for you to do so, is cowardly. Fight for what you believe in and if that fight is to preserve your own life and claim it as the property of none other than yourself, then good for you.

I believe that the draft is unconstitutional and I would only fight a war if it was a war on American soil or a war that I felt was necessary."
thats deep...
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By MasturbatingBear
h8smikemoore said:
"i wouldnt take the draft, ecause i find it to be bullshit that the government even thinks it has that right in the first place.

i would evade the police to avoid jailtime the best i could"
same. I wouldnt go into the service. They cant make me. Ill fuck some shit up if they try to arrest me.
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Gameboi

Not  a fan of the draft, as I believe that the best and most effective military is made up of  people that actually want to enlist in the first place. Having said that, I would step up to the plate -- however reluctantly -- and give my service.  Being on the run from Uncle Sam does not a good time make, in my opinion. I hear prison isn't all that pleasant.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dalai

Before I answer, you've gotta clear something up for me.

Canada has its own military?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bulldog19892
CreamyGoodness said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"I would never fight for a war I didn't believe in and for you to do so, is cowardly. Fight for what you believe in and if that fight is to preserve your own life and claim it as the property of none other than yourself, then good for you.

I believe that the draft is unconstitutional and I would only fight a war if it was a war on American soil or a war that I felt was necessary."
thats deep..."
Not, it's not, but I totally agree.
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By MasturbatingBear
BiggerBomb said:

I don't care about what its about. I dont think any of them are necessary and I dont feel bad for the soldiers that you hear stories about them dieing or being injured. They are the morons that signed up for it.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Dalai said:
"Before I answer, you've gotta clear something up for me.

Canada has its own military?"
They just think they do. They do their little drills in their cute uniforms, but that's pretty much it.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BiggerBomb
MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

I don't care about what its about. I dont think any of them are necessary and I dont feel bad for the soldiers that you hear stories about them dieing or being injured. They are the morons that signed up for it."

Uh...

Fuck you
Fuck you
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bonesofwar

I wouldn't enlist, but last I checked New Zealand dosn't have a draft, so I am safe.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bombHills

I don't belive in slavery... so Canada, here I come

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By atejas

If their was a draft

their
inbefore Jakob187 and his Grammar Police picture.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kazona

Forcing people to join the army is wrong in every sense of the word. Every person deserves the right to choose for themself. I for one have no intention of joining the army, and if they drafted me, I'd gladly go to jail because I refuse to let myself get shot up for my country.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Chummy8

Saying that I'm almost 30, I would be too old for a draft.  But I have dual citizenship with Canada and USA, so I'll just cross the border and never come back.  Depending on who was doing the drafting of course.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead

Jail, I suppose. Though, I would like to get my hands on a gun and kill a man, woman or child, so it's a tough choice.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Karmum

They can't draft me if I'm not 18. But if I was 18, I would go and serve my country. It isn't like we will have a draft, anyways. I find it silly many people would rather take jail time or cross the border to Canada because they would be afraid of serving their country. :\

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Milkman
MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

I don't care about what its about. I dont think any of them are necessary and I dont feel bad for the soldiers that you hear stories about them dieing or being injured. They are the morons that signed up for it."
Wow...Just unbelievable that someone could be that incredibly stupid. Those soldiers are dying because they are fighting for you and your country. And you say they're morons. Fuck you.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Demilich

Prison time.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Icil

Lots of people go to the military because they grew up poor but still wanted to go to college. It sucks to think about it, but lots of soldiers are children of the poor who have no other way of getting out of the ghetto.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By kush

Jail..or leave the country. There is no way I would fight in this bullshit war.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By Gunner
Karmum said:
"They can't draft me if I'm not 18. But if I was 18, I would go and serve my country. It isn't like we will have a draft, anyways. I find it silly many people would rather take jail time or cross the border to Canada because they would be afraid of serving their country. :\"
its not a matter of "serving your country" but a matter of your own principals. A lot of people are against the war in iraq right now and going to fight for something you dont believe in isnt the most comforting thing, its like if the government were to force you to move to another country you never had any poblems with and kill someone you have never even heard about. Easier said than done, let the leaders fight the wars i say, its their war not mine.

But me personally, i would end up being drafted, being a former prisoner looks way worse on a resume than being a veteren of a war, i have enough problems getting a good job as it is.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate
MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

That is quite possiblt the stupidest thing ive ever read on these forums (Even surpassing levios), and i hope for your sake you are either
A) Joking
or
B) Trying to be a douche just for the sake of it

Because if you actual;ly believe that bullshit that just came out of your keyboard, then you have a warped , twisted -and as much as i like to say people are allowed an opinion  - downright WRONG view on life.

You dont like these men defending your rights and liberty??? why not head over to iraq and hang with your buddies there that aren't 'Morons'>??

Seriously, i dnot usually like to flame or get mean, i like to keep the peace, bu thats a fucking sick thing to say, and makes you look like such a fucking tosser . . . . gah!
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Virago

I would join the army, then run away.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OmegaPirate
Virago said:
"I would join the army, then run away."
During or before you went out???
Deciding to run away in somewhere like iraq or the like may not be the smartest idea xD
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Meowayne
MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

This.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Virago
OmegaPirate said:
"Virago said:
Deciding to run away in somewhere like iraq or the like may not be the smartest idea xD
"
hahahaha, before! yeah, getting lost in a desert with camels is not high on my list of things to do.
unless the aforementioned camels are Menthols.
<_<
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By OmegaPirate
Virago said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"Virago said:
"
hahahaha, before! yeah, getting lost in a desert with camels is not high on my list of things to do.
unless the aforementioned camels are Menthols.
<_<"
It took me a moment to realize what you were on about, had images of you sat on a pack of mentos in the middle of the desert looking all confused ^_^
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By TomA
Arkthemaniac said:
"Dalai said:
"Before I answer, you've gotta clear something up for me.

Canada has its own military?"
They just think they do. They do their little drills in their cute uniforms, but that's pretty much it."

Fuck you.I'm sick and tired of you pompas assholes who think Canada is the place to go if you wanna get out of something,that you can just come here and do whatever you want.And yes we do have a military,it may not be as big as yours,but that's because were not paranoid as fuck.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By Gunner
OmegaPirate said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

That is quite possiblt the stupidest thing ive ever read on these forums (Even surpassing levios), and i hope for your sake you are either
A) Joking
or

Because if you actual;ly believe that bullshit that just came out of your keyboard, then you have a warped , twisted -and as much as i like to say people are allowed an opinion  - downright WRONG view on life.

You dont like these men defending your rights and liberty??? why not head over to iraq and hang with your buddies there that aren't 'Morons'>??

Seriously, i dnot usually like to flame or get mean, i like to keep the peace, bu thats a fucking sick thing to say, and makes you look like such a fucking tosser . . . . gah!
"
While i dont agree with what the masturbating bear said, im going to have to call you out on this.

What rights exactly, are they defending by going out to some god forsaken country to kill some people because their commander told them to? What liberty are they keeping intact by getting themselves blown up over a stupid call by out leaders?

Just thought id point that out.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OmegaPirate
Gunner said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

A) Joking
or

"
While i dont agree with what the masturbating bear said, im going to have to call you out on this.

What rights exactly, are they defending by going out to some god forsaken country to kill some people because their commander told them to? What liberty are they keeping intact by getting themselves blown up over a stupid call by out leaders?

Just thought id point that out."
VAlid points mate -but the fact of the matter is its highly ofefnsive to call someone who is willing to give everything they own and their LIFE if necessary up to defend what they hold dear - yes they dont achieve liberty by going and getting blown up just because their commander said so - 
but you know what? they dont have a choice, and if we all took masturbating bears opinion towards it - wed all be blonde haired and speaking german right now - and most of us wouldnt have been born.
Evil prevails when good men do nothing and all that
Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Muze

I would serve.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StaticFalconar

If my country was being attacked (and I don't mean once, like the battleground is literally in my country), then I would go and actually defend my country, my freedom my etc. But I feel less patriotic trying to fight for freedom when its not in my country.

Yes WW2 seemed right since it was clear the opponent wasn't going to stop in Europe.

But Vietnam, Korean, Iraq and just middle east in general, it feels more like a political battle. We are fighting those wars to keep on the good sides of other countries or to keep certain countries in a democracy since it serves America best if they are democratic.

With all these wars being truly political in nature, how we as citizens of the country should dictate if the war was needed or not. I am glad of some of the past wars America has been in, but there are others that is just a mistake. But a draft means whether you are truly patriotic or not, it doesn't matter since you have to go to war. That is almost being a conscript, and the opposite of a democracy.

We should honor and respect the soldiers in war if they had chosen to go to war and fight for us. But if they are only there because the government told them they had to be there, that's like telling me I have to respect these men for a decision they where forced to make.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Mexico isn't far away.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kmdrkul

I would gladly fight for my country.  Getting shot at by undertrained insurgents is far better then getting assraped by overtrained inmates.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By Willy105

Jail for me.

I am not stupid enough to kill myself.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46  Edited By wefwefasdf

Obviously none of you come from a military family. I find MasturbatingBear's words way off base and totally insensitive. Spend a few days with injured soldiers in a hospital re-learning how to walk and maybe you would understand. They have more guts than me and any average individual.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By StaticFalconar
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Obviously none of you come from a military family. I find MasturbatingBear's words way off base and totally insensitive. Spend a few days with injured soldiers in a hospital re-learning how to walk and maybe you would understand. They have more guts than me and any average individual.

"
But if they where drafted in the war as opposed to choosing to go to war by themselves, then it means all their sacrifice wasn't their choice just as fighting for our freedom wasn't their choice. This is why I'm against the draft, it cheapens what it means to be in the military.

Edit: Much respect for those that does choose to be in the military since their "hero" status wasn't forced upon them.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48  Edited By wefwefasdf
StaticFalconar said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"Obviously none of you come from a military family. I find MasturbatingBear's words way off base and totally insensitive. Spend a few days with injured soldiers in a hospital re-learning how to walk and maybe you would understand. They have more guts than me and any average individual.

"
But if they where drafted in the war as opposed to choosing to go to war by themselves, then it means all their sacrifice wasn't their choice just as fighting for our freedom wasn't their choice. This is why I'm against the draft, it cheapens what it means to be in the military.
Edit: Much respect for those that does choose to be in the military since their "hero" status wasn't forced upon them."
I agree but it still takes a lot of courage no matter what. You could just hide back and be kicked out if you really wanted to...
dualityofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dualityofman

If the security of the country was at stake (like World War II), then yes.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By normajean777
OmegaPirate said:
"Gunner said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"BiggerBomb said:

A) Joking
or

"

Just thought id point that out."
VAlid points mate -but the fact of the matter is its highly ofefnsive to call someone who is willing to give everything they own and their LIFE if necessary up to defend what they hold dear - yes they dont achieve liberty by going and getting blown up just because their commander said so - 
but you know what? they dont have a choice, and if we all took masturbating bears opinion towards it - wed all be blonde haired and speaking german right now - and most of us wouldnt have been born.
Evil prevails when good men do nothing and all that
"
I agree with mastubating bear to a point what exact rights are the soldiers fighting for in iraq? Nothing. I dont agree with the way he said it though.  i think we should all listen to our forefathers and stay out of world affairs, but no look at us now vietnam happened, iraq happened man the U.S has really gone down the drain. Geoarge Washington and our forefathers told us not to get involved in world affairs and now that we have we have a huge debt and cant even help out own countries economy.