• 84 results
#1 Posted by xSuperGirl (20 posts) -

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

But what if I don't want to bring anybody back? The last poll gave me that option.

#3 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Still amy Winehouse

#4 Edited by Seastalk (123 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

But what if I don't want to bring anybody back?

This

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Actually the right answe is MCA

#6 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -
@EuanDewar
Actually the right answe is MCA
This. There's no other answer.
#7 Posted by GunstarRed (5475 posts) -

Jeff Buckley.

#8 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

I maintain my Peter Steele stance.

#9 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Johnny cash is dead?! Damn!

#10 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

Freddie Mercury, but...when the heck did Johnny Cash die? I thought he was alive and well!

#11 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I mostly listen to Rap and R&B growing up so I got no idea who these people are. Except for Elvis and MJ.

Forgive My Falseways.

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

I would want 70's, 80's, early 90's Michael Jackson back. I think it would be great to have some good, old-fashioned R&B-Pop.

#13 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -

I still don't know who this Micheal Jackson is. Is he french? The first name sounds french to me.

#14 Posted by Castiel (2742 posts) -

Freddie!

Eyyyyyyyyyy yo....

#15 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

Ciff Burton and Biggie.

#16 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I voted Elvis just for the fact that I think it would be hilarious to see him come back and lose an Elvis impersonation contest.

#17 Posted by Jaytow (707 posts) -

John Legend.

#18 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Yeah, why is Ian Curtis not on that list? Not that I would, but he should be an option.

#19 Posted by kindone (2833 posts) -

TuPac. That way everyone can shut-up about him being dead.

#20 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I am delighted that Freddie is winning so I'll repost the majestic pic I posted in your other threads

One of the greatest front men EVER! The man had PRESCENCE!

#21 Posted by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

@Jaytow said:

John Legend.

He's dead?

#22 Posted by Jaytow (707 posts) -

I said John mother fucking Legend.

#23 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Johnny Cash of course.

#24 Posted by CaLe (4054 posts) -

I've never heard of any of these people but I'm glad they're all dead.

#25 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

Picking anyone older than ~40 would be retaded, meaning Cobain is the only good answer from the poll, and there are many better answers.

#26 Edited by PenguinDust (12636 posts) -

@Jaytow said:

John Legend.

Ha-ha, third times a charm, I guess.

I demand a fourth version of this thread with Jimi Hendrix.

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Bull-shit. None of these people? So how do you furnish your home under your rock?

#28 Posted by ShaggE (6710 posts) -

@TheUnsavedHero: Seconded.

#29 Posted by Lepuke (327 posts) -

Frank Zappa

#30 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@SJSchmidt93 said:

Picking anyone older than ~40 would be retaded, meaning Cobain is the only good answer from the poll, and there are many better answers.

Yeah, cause the likes of Brian Johnson (64) from AC/DC, Bruce Dickinson (54) from Iron Maiden, hell frickin Tina Turner (72!) aren't better live acts to this day than most chart topping bands.

#31 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

John Bonham

#32 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

Jimi Hendrix could have been awesome in old age.

#33 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I still stand by Freddie Mercury, but mentioning AC/DC in my above post made me think of Bon Scott. I mean Brian Johnson's good, but he's deffo no Bon Scott. Also imagine what trajectory Metallica would've taken if Cliff Burton didn't die.

#34 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

Why would I bring back anyone from the dead? They'd be walkers!

#35 Posted by Heltom92 (715 posts) -

@CaLe said:

What are you 10 years old or something?

#36 Posted by andriv (257 posts) -

syd barrett

#37 Posted by Grillbar (1912 posts) -

kinda also want Keith moon.

im to young to find elvis worth reviving. i really love Johnny Cash but that more the person rather then the music.

and out of the list Freddie by far stands out since i grew up with him and still find his voice so freaking awesome

#38 Edited by KaneRobot (1841 posts) -

Torn between Mercury and Cash. Cash more because he was just flat-out reliable. Always seemed like he'd be there pumping out albums and there would always be at least a few tracks that you liked a lot.

Had to go with Mercury of course. Who knows how his voice would have held up with age? But we still could have had more Queen stuff for at least a while, which makes it the right pick.

Cobain - would have been interesting to see where he went since Nirvana was pretty much done when he shot himse...I mean, was murdered, but I can't pick him over those other two.

@TheUnsavedHero said:

I maintain my Peter Steele stance.

Absolutely. I just stuck with the choices provided, but (as the pic next to my name probably indicates) I'd give up half my music collection to get Pete back.

Being at the final Type O Negative show in Detroit on Halloween a few years ago, standing in the front right in front of Peter the whole time is guaranteed always going to be my most treasured concert memory.

#39 Posted by Grillbar (1912 posts) -

@SmilingPig said:

Johnny cash is dead?! Damn!

yep September 12th 2003

it sux

#40 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I'm saying Kurt Cobain because, unlike the other people on the list, his career was too short to have the sorts of ups and downs that the others did. I'd be the most curious to see a washed up, or God forbid, even sober and happy version of him

#41 Posted by Catarrhal (860 posts) -
#42 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -

Considering John Lennon is the main influence in my musical career, even though he was gone for five years before I was born, that's my choice.

#43 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

I really don't know, so I chose Elvis Presley because I really liked his fair when I was in 3rd grade.

#44 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Easily Michael Jackson.

#45 Posted by TobbRobb (4846 posts) -

Freddie fucking Mercury. No one, no one, could replace him.

#46 Posted by RainbowCarnage (97 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Still amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse is overrated. Thats right, I said it.

#47 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

None of them, Necromancy is foul.

#48 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

John Coltrane or Frank Zappa.

#49 Posted by Aetheldod (3733 posts) -

The King!!!! Elvys

#50 Posted by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -

Picking between Freddie Mercury, John Bonham, and Rick Wright is pretty fucking tough. Sorry, MJ, you probably MATTER more than Bonham or Wright, but I'd rather see Zeppelin/Floyd reunion tours than an MJ show. I'd throw out Keith Moon as well, but The Who haven't held up as well as Queen, Floyd, and Zeppelin have in terms of longevity. I'm not sure I want to know where Lennon would've gone after 1980. I really couldn't give a shit about Cobain or Presley as live performers or as people, and Harrison and Cash went out the right way at the right time.

Fuck it, it's gotta be Freddie. I can get a close approximation of the Floyd experience out of Roger Waters' The Wall tour, and I'm not really sure Zeppelin would be willing to tour together even if Bonham were still alive. But Queen is still devoted to Queen, and Freddie Mercury was the centerpiece of one of the greatest bands of all time.

Also, this is not the "correct version", as there's plenty of artists not on this list worth bringing back. Otis Redding was certainly in my head the entire time I typed this.