#1 Posted by dr_nefarious (1619 posts) -

If you could go back to any period in time, when would it be? And why?

I wish I could go back and visit the 1920's. It seems like such an interesting period in time. The cars, the stock market was booming, prohibition, gangsters, jazz music, ect..

#2 Posted by Bismarck (432 posts) -

Summer of 2011 =D

But I guess late 40s early to mid 50s USA, cuz over the years I've started liking the american culture from back then. The cars, the women that look like they came out of a pin-up magazine, the music, the movies.

#3 Posted by Lemonhead (68 posts) -

I would want to go back and see some dinosaurs.

Or back 2000 years or so, and ask that Jesus fella a few questions.

#4 Posted by mrfizzy (1550 posts) -

In reality I'm fine when I am right now seeing as how medicine etc has never been so advanced. That being said Post WW2 America would be pretty cool as would pre revolutionary Cuba.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1801 posts) -

So can I come back? If I could just pop back for a day or something I might go check out something historical, but if it's a one way trip I'm definitely staying put.

#6 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

2001, starting High School. There is sooo much stuff I wish I did differently during High School.

#7 Posted by Meltac (2006 posts) -

Either the sixties or the seventies.

#8 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

I fucked up a personal matter of mine like 2 years ago, would be nice to have a second chance.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4823 posts) -

Getting a restart on my childhood with my current knowledge would be useful.... Might've actually enjoyed high school that way.

There are a bunch of historical stuff I wouldn't mind checking out for a day, but I would never want to live in any other time then the current.

#10 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I like now.

#11 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Can I come back? If not, like a year ago.

#12 Posted by Erk_Forever (157 posts) -

1850-1890 London. Most of my favorite books were written and set in this period, so it would be great to get an actual idea of what the city was like at that time.

#13 Posted by ToTheNines (789 posts) -

Lots of times I'd love to visit, but not stay. Living without todays entertainment and luxuries is not for me. If to stay I'd probably go back a year and a half and change something very personal if I could. But thats sadly not how life works.

#14 Posted by Grilledcheez (3956 posts) -

I'm just going to stay here.

#15 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

Can I come back?.

Definitely need to know that first.

If I can I'd see how legit Jesus really was.

#16 Posted by ShaggE (6637 posts) -

One way trip? 90s. That's as far back as I'd go now that I've been spoiled by modern technology, and I'd be able to satisfy/break my nostalgia.

Visit? Either late Victorian era England (after the sanitation reforms) or 1950s America.

#17 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

@Galiant said:

I like now.

#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

If it was just me as I am now in a different time, I would only want to go forward or a few months back to get all the lotto numbers and win billions. If I could go back and just be me during that time knowing what I know now I would like to go back to when I was like 8 and make so many different decisions in my life. Plus lotto numbers. Any far flung time in the past would be neat to see, but it sucked in the past and I would end up dead in no time. If I could stay invisible and just see it all then I think it could be neat to go back to see the Dinosaurs or to see Rome at its height. Would be neat to see some Gladiator games.

#19 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Yesterday

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

Visit: Vikings, probably 

One-way: 80s. I've always wished that I was born 10-15-20 years earlier so I could live through the 80s. Seems like more of a cultural fit for me. Plus I could've lived through the 90s again and have been a little older and able to appreciate everything more.

#21 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

If I had to choose a time at which point I was alive, and had to relive all of he events knowing what I know now, I would go back to the beginning of sophomore year (fall 2010) and re-do all the dumb shit I did during he beginning of 2011 that I thoroughly regret, and where my life took quite the change as a result. I if we're to go back to some historical period for a finite amount of time, I would go back to either the late-40's to the mid-50's or I would travel back to the mid-80's because I am fascinated with either of those time periods.

#22 Posted by wjb (1689 posts) -

KILL HITLER.

#23 Posted by Jace (1093 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Yesterday

Love was such an easy gaaameee to plaaayyy

#24 Posted by laserbolts (5354 posts) -

I would go back 3 years ago and change a very poor decision I made.

#25 Edited by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -

If I could come back: I'd go to Ancient Rome and tell them about all the shit that's about to happen, keep them from crumbling.

One-way: I'd write down all the winning lotto numbers and who found them in the past year, then I'd show up and take them for myself. I'd also keep myself from making some very shit decisions.