• 194 results
#1 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I currently live in Sweden, born and raised. I like it here a lot, and i do not plan to move outside of this country in the foreseeable future. But if i were to hypothetically randomly get a nice job in either perhaps Dublin or Milwakuee for example, I would probably move there. Imagine working as a postman over there or perhaps as a hairdresser? Good times.

What is your current occupation? Would you like to try and do a similar kind of work abroad in some other country? Or perhaps something completely different? Please tell!

I work in retail and have for some time, so that is what i am best at. Selling and being a nice co-worker. I like, yes, But i could definetly try something different, not entierly sure what however. Do you perhaps have a suggestion?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Being King doesn't grant you much liberty to move somewhere else.

#3 Edited by VictorK (73 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

Being King doesn't grant you much liberty to move somewhere else.

What country do you rule, King?

#4 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Somewhere in the UK. I love British TV shows and of coarse my favorite car is the British Lotus Exige which is no longer available in the US.

#5 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (1029 posts) -

Japan or maybe Taiwan

#6 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

If I had to pick one... Finland.

#7 Edited by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

@animasta said:

Another good choice for me. I could go see Michael Monroe perform instead of waiting years for the guy to tour the US.

#8 Posted by Somnus (84 posts) -
#9 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

=

@animasta said:

Another good choice for me. I could go see Michael Monroe perform instead of waiting years for the guy to tour the US.

I just want to experience Hel-Looks.com in real life

#10 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Mars

#11 Posted by FLStyle (4694 posts) -

Currently live in the UK, would move to Sweden, Finland or Norway.

#12 Edited by mosespippy (4180 posts) -

I currently live in Canada, on an island in the north atlantic. If I had to move anywhere else I think I would enjoy other commonwealth nations such as Australia, New Zealand or the UK. Other options I would enjoy are Iceland or British Columbia. Hmmm... All these options have better or identical weather. I should move.

#13 Edited by VictorK (73 posts) -

@flstyle said:

Currently live in the UK, would move to Sweden, Finland or Norway.

Please come! You are welcome. What kind of work would you like to occupy yourself with here? One that does not require being able to talk swedish initially, perhaps? However, everyone under 80 in Sweden have a good basic understanding of English due to learning it in school.

#14 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (666 posts) -

I live in New York and don't think I'd rather live anywhere else. This is because I'm a film and art nerd and this place is a great place to live for that stuff. I'd like to stay in Paris for a little bit, same reasons (the film/art history).

#15 Edited by Ares42 (2663 posts) -

I'd move to the US. While I'm not a huge fan of it's politics and parts of it's culture it has the climate I'd like to live in and I can already speak the language. The alternative would be to move to some mediterranian country (like Spain, France or Italy), but I'm fairly confident in saying I'd enjoy their culture even less and I'd have to learn the language.

#16 Edited by Random45 (1201 posts) -

If I was forced to move to any country I'd move to Canada, because it's to the North and I could visit family easily enough since they live in Michigan and New York.

#17 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@animasta:

Did you get hit in the head with a bowling ball?

#18 Posted by Legion_ (1282 posts) -

I'm Norwegian, and I've always traveled a lot in my life. Ever since I was a little kid, my parents have taken me around the world. This summer, my parents got married (after being togheter for 30 years), and they decided they wanted to do it on Hawaii. And man, I've always had a Hawaii crush (some of my favorite movies and TV series are set there, The Descendants, Lost, Magnum PI), but even I was knocked out by this place.

It's in a word, comfortable. It is simply the most beautiful, peaceful and awe inspiring place I have ever been. I spent about two weeks there, and ever since I left, I've wanted to go back. I've only been to Oahu, but I'm going to take a longer trip there next year and include Big Island and Molokai as well.

Man, I want to go back there so bad.

#19 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I enjoyed watching the first two seasons of Miami Vice. I really liked the look and style of Miami, but i am only in my 20s and it is not 1985 anymore, so i never could experience it way back when. And much have probably changed about that city since?. Is there anyone here that is from Miami? Is it worth a visit?

#20 Posted by HatKing (5949 posts) -

Iceland. Drew and Patrick sold me on it. Seems absolutely wonderful. The people seem super friendly, the place is beautiful, and it sounds like it's politically progressive (I mean, that mayor). I at least want to visit the place at some point in my life.

#21 Posted by Kaiserreich (699 posts) -

I'm comfortable right where I am. But if I had to choose, Canada I guess?

#22 Posted by Humanity (9238 posts) -

Jeffs garage, lots of cool games there.

#23 Posted by probablytuna (3660 posts) -

I would want to move to Japan.

#24 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1702 posts) -

Definitely Canada. I live in northeast US, so the climate would be similar, and in my mind Canada is a lot like the US except full of nicer people with far less murder and more sensible laws and political leaders. Perhaps that's just me projecting an undeserved notion of idealism upon the country, but it can't be as bad as the US.

#25 Edited by Danteveli (1185 posts) -

South Korea - at lest this is the place that I'm moving to next year.

#26 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

South Korea - at lest this is the place that I'm moving to next year.

Are you going there for work or studies?

#27 Posted by CharlesDA (53 posts) -

Definitely Canada. I live in northeast US, so the climate would be similar, and in my mind Canada is a lot like the US except full of nicer people with far less murder and more sensible laws and political leaders. Perhaps that's just me projecting an undeserved notion of idealism upon the country, but it can't be as bad as the US.

Yes to all of this.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11932 posts) -

Under the sea ♪

#29 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3204 posts) -

Canada. Cold temperature means no computer overheating. Free health care means no stress, depression, or early deaths.

#30 Edited by afrofools (1347 posts) -

Ethiopia.

Edit to clarify: It would be a good learning experience. Not that I would want to stay there for more than a year.

For a more permanent stay it would have to be somewhere in South America (that is politically stable?)

#31 Posted by SgtSphynx (1389 posts) -

Three countries I would love to live in (besides the US) are Ireland, Italy, and Australia. I would also love to own a bar on the beach in the Caribbean, but that is unlikely to ever happen.

#32 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5491 posts) -

Either the UK or Japan would be my pick.

#33 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I've lived in Canada my whole life and have no wish to move. It took a very long time to make peace with the winters here, there have been several periods where I would have said I wanted to live in a warmer climate. But i'm good with them now.

Only thing i'd like to do, moving wise, is head a little further outside the city proper.

@tru3_blu3 said:

Canada. Cold temperature means no computer overheating. Free health care means no stress, depression, or early deaths.

You're cute.

#34 Posted by Hunkulese (2723 posts) -

California.

#35 Edited by Slag (4366 posts) -

I'm at my top choice already.

#36 Posted by Dark (379 posts) -

I live in Australia, and if I had a choice ... Canada

I am so over hot temperatures.

#37 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

Probably somewhere in South America or maybe Canada. I would like to take a vacation to Italy, Japan, China, Africa, England, Colombia, Australia and Ireland sometime. Just have to travel to them in my mind for now or forever.

#38 Posted by Giantstalker (1648 posts) -

The UK, speaking from Canada. Being a soldier in a mismanaged, underfunded, and undermanned military is just sad.

Also, winter here sucks if you live in the prairies... especially when it isn't by choice.

#39 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else other than the US, though I'd love to visit other places.

#40 Edited by Korwin (2864 posts) -

Somewhere in the UK. I love British TV shows and of coarse my favorite car is the British Lotus Exige which is no longer available in the US.

Of course you will need to brush up on your English first. :D

Canada might be all right, or Norway, or Iceland. I like cold weather and pleasant people :P

#41 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

@victork: I love Miami Vice and the '80s Miami atmosphere as well. I don't live in Miami, quite the opposite in fact: WA. From what I've read and heard though, the place in which Miami Vice largely takes place isn't that great to live in, which is in and around South Beach. A lot of traffic; a lot of partying; is overpriced, and some say it has bad crime, though I guess that's debatable. When it comes to living there, I hear it's not a great place to live, though it's perhaps a fine place to visit on a vacation or something.

#42 Posted by Lukeweizer (2679 posts) -

@victork said:

I currently live in Sweden, born and raised. I like it here a lot, and i do not plan to move outside of this country in the foreseeable future. But if i were to hypothetically randomly get a nice job in either perhaps Dublin or Milwakuee for example, I would probably move there. Imagine working as a postman over there or perhaps as a hairdresser? Good times.

What is your current occupation? Would you like to try and do a similar kind of work abroad in some other country? Or perhaps something completely different? Please tell!

I work in retail and have for some time, so that is what i am best at. Selling and being a nice co-worker. I like, yes, But i could definetly try something different, not entierly sure what however. Do you perhaps have a suggestion?

Funny, when I read the thread title before going into the thread I said to myself "I think I'd move to Sweden".

#43 Posted by 49th (2756 posts) -

Currently in the UK and I would move anywhere with the sun. I wouldn't mind living somewhere in Scandinavia but it's probably too cold.

Maybe the US or South America or even Australia maybe.

#44 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2388 posts) -

Realistically, Canada. It's pretty much the US but with a Government I hate less, plus the climate there is similar to what I'm accustomed to here in Wisconsin.

Otherwise Australia or New Zealand would be pretty sweet.

#45 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

Probably Japan or Italy.

#46 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Might want to pick a different one. With the exception of death I have had all of those happen in the last few years. And I expect the death one to not be that far off.

I would like to go see Japan before I die. No idea if I would like to live there, but from what I have seen it looks like it would be an amazing place to live if you had the money to just do whatever. Lots of natural sights to go see, friendly people, interesting food, and lots of interesting landmarks.

#47 Edited by nonekjr (63 posts) -

Some place where it's warm all year round. Getting real tired of your shit, winter.

#48 Edited by Dasacant2 (233 posts) -

I actually like it here in the US though I thought I would hate it when I moved here, everyone made it seem so crazy. At least where I live there doesn't seem to be any more crazy people then when I lived in New Zealand.

#49 Edited by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

Switzerland if I could move anywhere. But I currently want to move to the US from Australia.

#50 Edited by mjk0104 (205 posts) -

I feel like the only Australian who's sick of the weather here, I'd probably move to Norway, or maybe the Nederlands. Actually, if there was somehow an architectural programming position available in Antarctica, that'd be my first choice, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Also, don't come here people, this country sucks. I love it, but it sucks. Except our cricket team at the moment, eat it pommies!