• 194 results
#151 Posted by DonMFJohnson (153 posts) -

Truly the grass is greener on the other side, I live in Finland but thinking about moving. Good things here include untouched nature and clean air & drinking water, not-so-good things are taxation & red tape regulation crazy Finnish government. But I guess every country has it's own problems, you just have to choose which annoyances you can live with.

#152 Edited by isomeri (1385 posts) -

Born and living in Finland. This country's not perfect but I wouldn't really want to move anywhere else permanently. However my first choices right now would probably be Canada and Holland. If I could automatically learn a new language I'd probably consider places like Japan, Spain and Tonga as well.

#153 Posted by Sergio (2193 posts) -

Japan.

#154 Posted by PenguinDust (12601 posts) -

Probably Japan or South Korea. One of those countries with crazy-good internet. Or Kansas.

#155 Edited by MC_Hify (347 posts) -

I live in the city I've always wanted to live in. The hard part is staying.

#156 Posted by Maajin (1081 posts) -

Canada seems like a nice place.

#157 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Canada, Germany, Japan probably.

I'm from Denmark. The free health care and education is nice, but all these taxes man.. A car is like 200% more than the same car in Germany or Sweden. Least our wages are pretty high, but car and housing prices are INSANE.

#158 Edited by dagas (2901 posts) -

I live in Sweden and there are only two other countries where I could live and that is Canada because I have lived there and loved it and Brazil because my fiance is from there and it is a beautiful country.

#159 Posted by HellknightLeon (467 posts) -

Whatever one has the most redheads.... I'm in the mood for a redhead.

#160 Edited by Cramsy (1176 posts) -

South Korea. I'm moving there in 2 and a half weeks :)

#161 Posted by SpaceJohnson (26 posts) -

I am originally from the United States, but moved to Costa Rica to change things up. New places seem adventurous for the first 3 months or so, and then like all things they just kind of become normal and routine in my experience.

#162 Edited by Splodge (1854 posts) -

Probably Japan. I think its fascinating.

#163 Posted by Hunter5024 (5904 posts) -

@aetheldod said:

I it would be either Japan or Norway .... no were near a latino or latin related country in my life (so the US , Canada , all of south , central america , France , Spain and Italy are out of the question)

What's wrong with those?

#164 Posted by Crembaw (486 posts) -

@animasta said:

If I had to pick one... Finland.

This, yeah, if they would have me. Intense driving scene, broadly decent folk, and fairly decent gun permissions.

#165 Edited by senrat (328 posts) -

I love my cheap petrol and low taxes, so ill stay in the states. Good thing about the states is there is such a huge variety of places to live with different cultures. At some point I would love to live all over the world at one point or another. I cant honestly say which country I would want to live without having lived there and experienced it. Check back in 20 years when im filthy rich and can go around the world.

#167 Posted by MikkaQ (10331 posts) -

So many people are mentioning Canada, but it's too fucking cold here! Also it's really hard to get anywhere, takes me over an hour to get to work on public transport in winter when it's 15 minutes away on a bike in the summer.

#168 Posted by Stonyman65 (2822 posts) -

@ntm: Thanks for the info duder. I'm not really sure of anything yet - I'm just looking at a bunch of other states that aren't Florida or New Jersey lol. I'm not even sure where I want to go, but I know I don't want to go back to Jersey or stay in Florida.

#169 Posted by Aetheldod (3682 posts) -

@hunter5024: Its the people ... the way the go about their lives ... its always about corruption and effin up your neighbor the most you can , dirtying up the streets because "who cares , I aint picking it up , everybody does it" , also the worst criminals are from this places (narcos/druglords , the camorra , mafia etc.) heck we have the second richest man in the world but you know why? Because he had a complete monopoly of telecomunications for more than 20 years which was given to him on a platter because he was "friends" with the president. Heck not long ago the federal police discovered a graveyard with over 65 bodies , because they captured police officers and they told them , they buried them there. You cant trust the politicians nor the police nor any public official. And if Mexico is this bad so is the rest of these countries. There is a lot of bad and I cant deal with this people anymore (even if Im techniqly one of them since I was born in Mexico.) The other countries like the US has a huge population of Mexicans (over 11 million) so I would end up having to be with them anyway. Probably you may think Im bullshitin and making hyperbole but trust me , these are rotten countries to the core , and the people never will change so I rather get away from them.

#170 Edited by Hunter5024 (5904 posts) -

@aetheldod: I live a little less than an hour from the border. I know it's pretty rotten down there, but there are a lot of Mexicans I know who are really good people. I'm more inclined to believe it's their environment than the people themselves. I bet it's way better in places with less shitty people in power.

#171 Posted by Falx (347 posts) -

I currently live in the UK, I would love to live in Sweden, Norway or New Zealand.

#172 Posted by Aetheldod (3682 posts) -
#173 Posted by Fatcat222 (32 posts) -

I live in Toronto, Canada and really love both the city (save for the current mayor) and the country (save for current Prime Minister) so I'd stay here. If I'd have to move, I guess the US would be fine since I already speak the language and the culture is relatively similar. If language wasn't a barrier I'd move to Denmark, happiest nation on the planet, supposedly.

#174 Posted by Whitestripes09 (426 posts) -

If I could move anywhere right now it would probably be Japan. In my old age though I would probably move to Finland, Norway, or the U.K.

#175 Edited by Tom_omb (416 posts) -

@mikkaq: Canada's a big place. In Vancouver it doesn't get nearly as cold as the rest of the country and snow is rare.

Heh, in the 60s both sets of my grandparents moved here because they didn't want to return to the prairies. My Mom's parents didn't come back from a Vacation, getting my aunt to move their stuff back from Saskatchewan. And my Dad's Father was stationed here in the Military and blew off his commitment to my Great Grand Father to move back to Alberta to help tend his land there.

#176 Edited by Milkman (17193 posts) -

Um...I'm fine right here...IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE AND I WON'T FORGET THE SOMETHING SOMETHING WHO GAVE THAT TO ME AND I PROUDLY STAND UP

#177 Posted by SpaceJohnson (26 posts) -
@milkman said:

Um...I'm fine right here...IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE AND I WON'T FORGET THE SOMETHING SOMETHING WHO GAVE THAT TO ME AND I PROUDLY STAND UP

I'm flagging this...American Flagging this. *rimshot

#178 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

I'm a student, so occupation's currently not an issue. There's no country I'd particularly want to move to now since Canada's pretty cool (though being elsewhere than Quebec might be better), but if I were to choose somewhere to actually have been born I'd go with Japan.

#179 Posted by mina_mina752 (121 posts) -

JAPAN! a country is full of wierdos but the women are GOOD!

#181 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Canada, it seems much better than where I am now(Los Angeles CA) and I would like to interact with some Canadians and see what snow is like since I have never experienced it.

#182 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

California.

May I ask why? I mean Cali isn't terrible but it's pretty damn close, and depending on where you are now you will be looking at your cost of living rising into the stars.

#183 Posted by Nightriff (5246 posts) -

I would love to live in Japan and I don't have any rime or reason, just sounds like a really cool place.

#184 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

czech republic, not because of the ladies, I keep hearing just movie production and audio recording and actual animation companies. I'd be facinated to know more about them, Poland has amazing stop animation that no one talks about.

#185 Posted by Cramsy (1176 posts) -

JAPAN! a country is full of wierdos but the women are GOOD!

you've never been overseas have you?

#186 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

The Future. The Imperium of Man. Post World War III. Post Nuclear Holocaust. Whenst the world has been homogenized with fire, unified in its purpose, and the Golden Age begins. All hail the Emperor, who is the Will of Man. All hail the Machine God, who is our Reason.

In today's den of gambling men and conceited fools, there is no place I want to be. Idle competition. Playing silly games with my livelihood. I concede myself to defeat. Fuck all the places of now! All I want to see is this world burning. For a better one will rise from its ashes!

The real question is: "When do you want to live?".

#187 Edited by Capum15 (4966 posts) -

A space station. A "proper" one like in fiction, with artificial gravity and amenities and such. Which means I probably won't ever be on one unless technology makes some kind of insane leap.

Mostly because I'm fascinated with space, even though it's a ton of nothing with tiny bits of something scattered in it.

Though I don't think that would qualify as a "country", and if I had to re-choose, then I'd just stay here. America's fine.

#188 Posted by Cagliostro88 (205 posts) -

I'm from Italy and i'd move to Australia, Denmark or the Netherlands

#189 Posted by ninnanuam (288 posts) -

French Polynesia...but I think that is technically France.

#190 Edited by horseman6 (439 posts) -

I've traveled all over the world and although I've seen some beautiful locales, I wouldn't move outside of the United States. Yes, we have our fair share of problems but government intervention and limits on personal freedoms all around the world really bother me. However, I would love to move outside of California because this state is a POS. Currently looking at Texas, Oregon, Wyoming, Kansas, NC, or Virginia. Basically I want to move to a place where a nice house doesn't cost $700k and you can open carry.

#191 Posted by Strife777 (1611 posts) -

From Canada.

This is without knowing much about laws, healthcare, cost of living and such, but purely from a culture perspective, I'd probably pick Japan.

Canada has it's flaws, but it's pretty damn ok though.

#192 Edited by horseman6 (439 posts) -

From Canada.

This is without knowing much about laws, healthcare, cost of living and such, but purely from a culture perspective, I'd probably pick Japan.

Japan is expensive as hell and it's very hard for a non-Japanese person to be accepted in Japan. Great food and culture though.

#193 Posted by Dasacant2 (238 posts) -

From Canada.

What is it about the culture you like? I'm just curious I'm hear this a lot but I'm never really sure what it means.

#194 Edited by kerse (2118 posts) -

I wouldn't mind moving to England or Germany, possibly Canada.

#195 Edited by OtakuGamer (1279 posts) -

I would love to go and live in Japan, exploring in the mountains and discovering all those abandoned places or maybe go into the cities and check all the crazy stuff they got going on. I feel there's just so much to explore in that country.

Norway and Sweden would be interesting counties to live in too.

#196 Edited by RawText (27 posts) -

Sweden or Iceland.

#197 Edited by s10129107 (1193 posts) -

I live in NE United States but i'm growing weary of all this snow and cold. I would like to move to a warmer climate, maybe California or Hawaii. The thing is, nobody in the United States knows or cares that i'm middle eastern. I like that. There is a lot of hate for middle eastern and Lebanese people in a lot of the rest of the world that i just don't want to deal with. I don't think there is any other country besides the United States that i would like to move to.