#1 Edited by D_Bones (365 posts) -

So all my discussion of premium tv shows got me realizing that a lot of good shows get cancelled too early. In particular the giantbomb duders commenting on my polls seemed to really like Rubicon and Rome among others. For the most part I have come to these type of cancelled shows much later when everything is said and done so I have never been as heartbroken when something gets axed. However I have totally caught up with a short series before and been like why did the cancel it? And the worse question of why did they cancel it without resolving shit? I understand many of these shows get cancelled without writers having time to tie shit up nicely.

So question is you have one show to pick for JUST one more season what would it be? This is not the sweet situation that happened for people who like Family Guy and the shit continued for like another fifteen season I'm saying one show one season to wrap some shit up.

My pick is going to be Carnivale followed closely by Rome. Honestly I thought Carnivale was the more interesting of the two and while it had a decent season conclusion there was a lot of set up left on the ground for the rest of the series. With Rome as enjoyable as it was I understand the sheer expense of making it didn't make sense and while it is cool to see the events enacted on your TV you can know the story. Plus Brutus was the best part of the show.

Go duders go.

#2 Edited by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

Sarah Connor Chronicles

#3 Posted by pyromagnestir (4249 posts) -

Easy. Firefly. It didn't even get 1 full season.

#4 Edited by ThePencil (390 posts) -

Farscape. Peackeeper Wars mini-series wrapped the show up pretty well after that goddamn cliffhanger that had me in tears, the BOOM Comics expanded upon some interesting stuff, and again, wrapped up fairly well, but goddamn will I forever want to see just ONE more episode of that show. It has character, heart, genuine character development, humor and a sci fi world that hits all the right spots for me'self.

That, or y'know, gorram Firefly.

#5 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

Oh and I'll answer for my gf: Fruits Basket

#6 Edited by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

Twin Peaks. I want to know what the fuck they would do after that series finale.

#7 Edited by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

I liked Rome a lot, but I'd rather see more Deadwood than either Rome or Carnivale. I never got into Carnivale much.

I would have loved another season of the League of Gentlemen. I don't like most Joss Whedon stuff, but I think I could go for another Firefly season too. A second Freaks & Geeks season would have been nice too. It would also be funny to do something with all of those people now.

Also Classic Star Trek although the third season was already slipping.

#8 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

None of them, second attempts will never live up to nostalgia.

#9 Posted by djou (858 posts) -

Terriers, or some kind of spiritual successor with a better title. If anyone hasn't seen this show do yourself a favor. Its streaming on Netflix.

#10 Posted by jacksmedulla (278 posts) -

No question, Deadwood. It was such a fantastic show, and it was cancelled without any resolution to the plot.

#11 Edited by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

Twin Peaks. I want to know what the fuck they would do after that series finale.

or star trek TNG. actually scratch that, just twin peaks. TNG already had the perfect send-off (IMO).

#12 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

I'd like to get some more out of How To Make It In America, I really liked that show, then again I loved Entourage and after seeing how that ended it might be better off just dying the way it did, at least the Rasta Monsta storyline didn't continue.

#13 Posted by Wraxend (552 posts) -

Easy, Firefly or another movie would be great.

#14 Edited by JadeGL (750 posts) -

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Rome

Firefly (though I would rather see more of the first two than more of this)

The problem with the Adventures of Brisco County Jr. was that it was just too ahead of it's time. Scif fi with cowboy stuff, it got put on the Friday death slot on Fox and never made it. It's too bad too, that and The X-Files made up my favorite block of television in the early 90s.

#15 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

or star trek TNG. actually scratch that, just twin peaks. TNG already had the perfect send-off (IMO).

We also need to figure out where the fuck Annie is.

#16 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

Twin Peaks, Sarah Connor Chronicles or Firefly.

They all deserve an extra season or two.

#17 Edited by Yummylee (21276 posts) -

TANG.

#18 Edited by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

I forgot about the Riches. I really liked that show too.

Season 2 of Twin Peaks wasn't that great. They would have had to get Lynch back in to improve a lot of stuff for me to have wanted to watch another season.

#19 Posted by iceman228433 (593 posts) -

Sarah Connor Chronicles

#20 Posted by Marcsman (3120 posts) -

You cannot go wrong with either Sarah Connor Chronicles (plus Lena Headley really needs the money) or Deadwood.

#21 Posted by SMTDante89 (2549 posts) -

Mainly some cartoons from my childhood, like Rocko's Modern Life.

#22 Posted by LTSmash (603 posts) -

Clone High

Samurai Jack

#23 Edited by D_Bones (365 posts) -

@ltsmash: nice clone high and undergrads needed more time.

Hmm I never gave much thought to the Sarah Connors Chronicles it looked sort a shitty but might have to check it out at some point.

#24 Posted by Yummylee (21276 posts) -
@d_bones said:

@ltsmash: nice clone high and undergrads needed more time.

Hmm I never gave much thought to the Sarah Connors Chronicles it looked sort a shitty but might have to check it out at some point.

It's a hell of a lot better than both T3 and Salvation I can tell you that much. Plus Lena Headly made for a great Sarah Connor too.

#25 Edited by Funkydupe (3312 posts) -

I'd revive "Space: Above and Beyond".

#26 Posted by AndrewB (7500 posts) -

I'd revive "Space: Above and Beyond".

Huh. Weird. Was just going to say that myself and I didn't think anyone else cared!

#27 Edited by tourgen (4427 posts) -

I'd say Firefly but I think they'd just wreck it. The psycho ninja girl stuff had already worn itself out; even before the movie release.

More Farscape would be great. An entirely new crew would be O.K.

Maybe Twin Peaks but probably not. What I really want is a new surreal TV series with crazy characters and Lynch on board.

#28 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

#29 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@mellotronrules said:

@jasonr86 said:

We also need to figure out where the fuck Annie is.

She moved to Vegas, became a stripper and married Ed Helms.

#30 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

Knightmare.

#31 Posted by Humanity (8834 posts) -

LOST - so they can write a proper ending. Maybe I should say a proper ending for me. There were two schools of thought on LOST, the man of science and man of faith. After the writer strike the show started moving away from the science stuff - hatch, numbers, smoke monster - and started moving towards the spiritual aspects which culminated in the final season and series finale which quite frankly I didn't really appreciate.

#32 Edited by DrxLecter (122 posts) -

Better off Ted,

If you love comedy and haven't seen this show it is freaking hilarious. I watched it all on netflix instant so it might still be up.

#33 Posted by Veektarius (4615 posts) -

For another, additional season, I'd say Space Above and Beyond. Rome would have benefited from another season, but in the middle, so that season two wouldn't cover twenty years of history without the actors aging.

#34 Edited by Winternet (8006 posts) -

I would not want any show that I really like or really care about to be revived, because that doesn't make sense. So, if I had to choose something to be revived it would be a somewhat "mindless" show. One of those you can watch with out having really to think about it or without much to wrap your mind on. For instance, House. I could probably watch House episodes for the next 50 years or something. Probably. But, that's a show I like to spend 40 minutes on and I really don't have to do much effort while doing so.

#35 Posted by stryker1121 (1347 posts) -

No question, Deadwood. It was such a fantastic show, and it was cancelled without any resolution to the plot.

I'd go with Deadwood, too. Even a two-hour movie to wrap up the story. It'll probably never happen, I'm afraid. HBO scratched the set not long after the cancellation so it looks like we're stuck with that last shot of Al scrubbing the floor clean of blood.

#36 Posted by sixpin (1286 posts) -

Deadwood. I liked Carnival and loved Firefly, but I'd really like more Deadwood. I like Justified and am glad I can still get some Timothy Olyphant acting that way, but I miss Al Swearengen and Wu.

#37 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Also, this is definitely Off-Topic territory, not GD.

#38 Posted by Eidderf (506 posts) -

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Flight of the Conchords, not because ended particularly badly or on a cliffhanger I would just like more of them.

I would also like for them to actually make that rumoured I.T. Crowd special that they were going to do to tie up the series, though that's looking more and more unlikely considering Chris O'dowd seems to be every American comedy film recently.

#39 Posted by obcdexter (579 posts) -

Wonderland.

#40 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Breaking Bad

#41 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Samurai Jack is the only option.

Edit: Maybe Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) though I think I would still pick Samurai Jack.

Edit: Rome would be another good one, I really liked that show.

#42 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Firefly

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Chuck

Any of those three would make me happy.

#43 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

Pushing Daisies. Writer's strike killed the show. When I saw Lee Parce on Twilight (WITH RIFFTRAX OF COURSE) I had to rewatch a few episodes.

#44 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

That's the only right answer.

#45 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4930 posts) -

@jams said:

@pyromagnestir said:

That's the only right answer.

The right answer.

#46 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Twin Peaks Season 3

Dude.....BOB is Cooper?! I HAVE to know what happens next....and probably never will

#47 Edited by TMBaker (230 posts) -

Awake -- Closest thing to an Alan Wake series. Do yourself a favour and check out the first and only season. Then curl up in a ball screaming why!? WHY!? at NBC for canceling the show and viewers who failed to watch such as yourself :)

#48 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

@aurelito said:

Pushing Daisies. Writer's strike killed the show. When I saw Lee Parce on Twilight (WITH RIFFTRAX OF COURSE) I had to rewatch a few episodes.

Here is our winner.

#49 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

Heroes. Duh

#50 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

Breaking Bad

That shows not even done. There's another half season.