• 89 results
#51 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Movies, easily.

TV would have been a far harder choice, as the good TV these days is far better than the vast majority of movies.

#52 Edited by Schmollian (260 posts) -

Crazy choice because I REALLY enjoy movies, and I REALLY enjoy video games. However, if you take away either books or music you break those other two in a pretty profound way.

I chose books on instinct because I don't read many. However, I know that without books, a lot of good movies and games would never have been made.

#53 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Movies.

#54 Posted by Aetheldod (3542 posts) -

Video games , I love them a lot but the other things I like them more , well books (i like them the least) , I save them because knowledge comes from books so... yeah there

#55 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I do like reading when there's a book that catches my attention, but reading takes up FAR less of my time than any of the other options so this is a very easy choice for me.

#56 Posted by mlarrabee (2916 posts) -

Books is nearly winning.

Anyone else see a problem?

Kids today...

It's movies, for me. Video games will soon mature enough to tell stories as deep as our current films, with the layer of personal choice and interaction included.

#57 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Easily movies. Years go by between movies that I care enough about to go out and see.

#58 Edited by Pr1mus (3858 posts) -

I read only 3 books and maybe 10 comics in my life that i wasn't required to for school or something. Considering only novels, that averages 1 book every 9.7 years. I could go without books.

#59 Posted by Fallen189 (4978 posts) -

Videogames because I am wasting my life playing them when they have no real value

#60 Posted by Dogma (945 posts) -

I read a lot of different things but not regular books. I don't know why, they just don't excite me enough. So books has to go in my case. I would never give up on video games or movies.

People that say they don't watch movies or watch movies 1-2 times a year. What does that mean? Do you not go to the theater? Don't rent/buy DVD:s or watch a movie on TV? That sounds super wierd to me how you can go through life without get in contact with one of these quite often? But at the same time....i bet a lot would say the same about me and my disinterest in books.

#61 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -
@lmenzol

@Mastercheesey: games or movies i guess, anyway on a more important you have to stop blueing yourself

Its so hard to stooop!!!!
#62 Posted by Dogma (945 posts) -

@Fallen189 said:

Videogames because I am wasting my life playing them when they have no real value

Opposed to those other things? I don't want to pick a fight here but what does value mean in this context? I would call intelectual stimulation of some kind value and games makes me think and analyse a lot more than music for example. Nothing makes me reflect on things and makes me want to understand things more than games. That is of course my view on things so it's a subjective thing. I guess that's why I reacted to your statement.

#63 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (618 posts) -

what are these "books" that you speak of? i actually don't mind reading, but it's the one thing that i do the least, so that is the easiest choice.

#64 Posted by Xtrminatr (260 posts) -

Movies or books, I could easily do without either one.

#65 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Books, since I don't read them anyway.

#66 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

Oops, I thought it was which I couldn't live without so I chose music. Anyway, my real answer would probably be movies. Books are too important for learning.

#67 Posted by Y2Ken (1115 posts) -

Movies. I watch a few but wouldn't really miss them if they weren't there any more.

#68 Posted by deox (210 posts) -

Movies, hands down. I don't know what I'd do without music or books and obviously I'm not going to choose video games.

#69 Posted by Milkman (16619 posts) -

Books because I'm a big dummy who doesn't read.

#70 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I fucking hate everybody who voted books.

#71 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Books. The best books are made into movies and tv shows anyway.

#72 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

I would pick books now, but probably regret it later.

#73 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

Wait, so if i pick music, does that mean my video games and movies won't have music in them? Or that i just can't listen to the radio or buy mp3s? In any case, it is a toss up between music and movies for me.

#74 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Movies, easily. I listen to music almost constantly, read books on long rides, and video games.. well, they're video games.

#75 Posted by Fallen189 (4978 posts) -
@Dogma said:

@Fallen189 said:

Opposed to those other things? I don't want to pick a fight here but what does value mean in this context? I would call intelectual stimulation of some kind value and games makes me think and analyse a lot more than music for example. Nothing makes me reflect on things and makes me want to understand things more than games. That is of course my view on things so it's a subjective thing. I guess that's why I reacted to your statement.

It's just a personal thing I guess. I play games because it's what I know, but I don't place any kind of intrinsic value on them as making me a better person. They're just kind of a low form of entertainment which requires a very low bar to engage with and doesn't provide much to me on an intellectual level. At least in the same regard as films and books. I'm not trying to push this view on anyone else, mind you. It's just how I feel
#76 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

Movies. I love reading, playing video games, and music is just plain fun to listen to.

#77 Posted by Danteveli (1173 posts) -

I have read most of the stuff I wanted to check out and I havent seen many movies on my to do list so I would go with books.

#78 Edited by believer258 (11776 posts) -

Movies, easy.

EDIT: I feel sad that books are winning.

#79 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Video games. I feel like at the end of the day, I gain far more from reading and watching movies. And no one, absolutely no one, could take my music away from me. Ever. I'd stick 'em if they tried.

#80 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

I care very little for most movies.

Couldn't live without my Lovecraft.

#81 Edited by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

How could anyone vote music? Monsters.

Movies. You would exhaust cool old movies pretty quickly. Books would last longer.

And not video games even though it's the right answer, because look where we are.

#82 Posted by siaynoq (86 posts) -

Movies. That was easy.

Most television they can produce these days is way better than your average movie.

#83 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

Books. Reading is boring.

#84 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

Very tough choice but I'd have to say movies. I only see a few a year generally. Music and video games both work as stress relief for me and a world without books is just not worth living in.

#85 Posted by Ezakael (930 posts) -

As much as I enjoy movies they are the entertainment medium I use the least out of all of those so I have to say movies.

#86 Posted by Slay3r1583 (606 posts) -

Do comics and manga count as books? If yes I would give up movies. If no then I would give up books.

#87 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Music and video games. I currently spend the least amount of time with those two. My answer would be different if asked in my teens-twenties.

#88 Posted by j0lter (226 posts) -

I enjoy reading a good written book more than a movie, so i'd say movies. Movies just take the thinking part out of the imagination that is a book. A book is all about the author creating an image and you interpreting it as your own vision, and feeling along with the characters. Books are a lot more in depth with the mind and the heart.

#89 Posted by MikkaQ (10281 posts) -

Books. I just don't read nearly enough of them to care.