• 98 results
#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

After you get over the hasty thoughts and emotions, think about it and start answering : 
 If you all of a sudden right now find / win 70 million dollars in your bank account, they're all yours and tax free and no one knows about it...... What would you do? 

I'd give 5 mil to my parents, 5 to my brother and 5 to my sister so they can pay any debts they have and build their whole future... thats 55,000,000$ for me. 
Put 10 million in the bank and keep them there for the future.. thats 45 Mil for now 
I'd buy 2 badass sports cars, a huge set of the greatest electric guitars with large AMPs,  the most advanced computer there is, all the consoles with ALL their games and accessories and every damn thing game-related i could possibly buy (+ all the online services, etc...) .. and then buy everything that is technologic and advanced, the greatest TVs and cameras and cellphones and alllllll the luxuries to turn my house and bedroom into a futuristic heaven...  

And live the rest of my life without worrying about work or school or sucking up for people or getting up on time... just eat and sleep and game and watch movies and listen to music and play the guitar and have fun with no worries.. all bills paid and everything taken care of. i'd also hire a bunch of body guards so i can go wherever i want and feel safe.. 

Then later on in the future i might start going around the world once a month, buy a mansion in 10 different countries and just enjoy myself til the day i die. 

I havent given the expenses much thought but i mean, if i have 55 million dollars i can definitely live off that cash for the rest of my life, because all the stuff i wanna buy wouldnt cost more than 10 million, and the mansions and world touring can be canceled or adjusted according to the cash i have in my pocket. 

I'm not asking for much, just asking to be a child and left alone to enjoy myself and not worry about the world, but then again thats just me.. im sure you guys who love life and have goals, have alot more to buy and accomplish than me...  

so HIT ME   
EDIT : MOVE THIS TO OFF-TOPIC PLEASE.. MY BAD !
#2 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

I'd buy a good tv for my games. Rest in the bank 

#3 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

I would make something like this: 

#4 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

Leave town, buy a golf course and a campground, live in a nice lighthouse, stuff a room full of video games beyond the eye can see, get a yacht, family would be set for life, get a private teacher to teach me college material.

#5 Posted by blaze503 (189 posts) -

I would follow your idea and give 5 million to my parents just to say thanks for everything they have done for me. Then i would buy a mansion (with no stuff in it so i could get my own) and equip it with everything i need to live the rest of my life. I would of course put a large amount of it into the bank for saving, but i would also invest a fair amount just to have some fun with it, e.g. buy a small game developer and fund a few projects. I would then of course get the best PC on Earth and also try and get every game in the back catalogue that i could. I would then take my entire family on Holiday somewhere for a family reunion because we are all spread across the world and rarely get to see one another. Of course after the spending and having fun has passed i would just get back to normal life. 

Weird question but fun to pass some time thinking about
#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I would buy the sweet 100 inch TV or whatever it is that they have down in a store near here. 
Guy would ask me for my credit card and I would go "pfft, only losers use that. Here, I have real cash" 
Then I would throw the rest in the bank.. Or no wait, buy something for my cousin.  
Poor bastard.. (in an, aw, well. He did live a good life-kind of way)

#7 Edited by Khann (2850 posts) -

Open a recording studio with all the best gear (digital and analog), record any bands I thought were good enough for free..

Do copious amounts of drugs.. probably end up dying from a heroin overdose. In my will, I'll donate all my money to the scientologists, bringing about the end of the world in my death.

#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Pour it all in a giant pool and rub it all around my naked body. 

All day.

Every day.

#9 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" Pour it all in a giant pool and rub it all around my naked body. 

All day.

Every day. "

#10 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -

How much does $70mil translate to in real money? £50 mil?

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" @eroticfishcake said:

All day.

Every day. "

"
haha xD
#12 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: You should've asked "If you had $ 70 miliion in one cent coins ONLY (which you couldn't get change for) what would you do?"

That totally changes the situation.
#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

I would only think, wow, 70 million, but I am still not even a Billionaire, then spend all of my money on passing squirrel cavalries.

#14 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:

All day.

Every day. "
I'd give it all to this guy in exchange for him to do it in public on television.
#15 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Train a monkey army and invade Canada.   Imagine it, an entire army of monkeys wreaking havoc.  I can then set about securing the um...wait...what does Canada have besides timber?  This plan is stupid.

Invest it, give some to my family, get a nice house, then just sit on my ass and wait to die.

#16 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -
@CaptainObvious said:
" I would make something like this: 
"
this except with an arm cannon.

so i guess more like this
#17 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@CaptainObvious said:

"
 I think you might need more than that. You could at least make the helmet or arm maybe?  As for me I would pay this man to eat more of these hamburgers for my entertainment.

#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @CaptainObvious said:

"
 I think you might need more than that. You could at least make the helmet or arm maybe?  As for me I would pay this man to eat more of these hamburgers for my entertainment.

"

#19 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

By a space shuttle and try and get it at top speed within the earths atmosphere.

#20 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -
@Afroman269: Yeah. But i think arm would be good enough, i could blast some fools.
#21 Posted by Khann (2850 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
" Train a monkey army and invade Canada.   Imagine it, an entire army of monkeys wreaking havoc.  I can then set about securing the um...wait...what does Canada have besides timber?  This plan is stupid.   "
Some of the best weed in the world...
#22 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Metroid545 said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
"

"
More like;
 This?
#23 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Fund Camelot for a new Shining Force game (in everything except the name unless SEGA is willing to lend that, and they might be after the next sentence), fund SEGA for Panzer Dragoon Fünf  and Panzer Dragoon Saga 2, invest in Nintendo shares with the rest (the games won't be profitable so nothing for me from those, other than playing them).

#24 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Mine would have to do with bowling, and I'm sure no one would care.

#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Metroid545 said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
"

"
More like;
 This?
"

#26 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Why do you keep posting picture of some fat policeman from South Park?
#27 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I just realised how unoriginal a powered suit is.

#28 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

I WOULD GIVE IT ALL TO CHARITY

#29 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CaptainObvious: im not sure.
#30 Posted by Spiritof (2048 posts) -

The very 1st thing?

Stop posting on this message board.

#31 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I'd probably wait until I graduate college and/or get married to start really using it, but I'd definitely give some to my family and then probably buy a really, really nice house in New York or California. Then I'd probably hire an Alfred-like Butler and become Batman.

#32 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Red said:
"Then I'd probably hire an Alfred-like Butler and become Batman. "
shame on you for making me lul
#33 Posted by GunstarRed (5182 posts) -

Gun boots like in Tango & Cash

#34 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

I would invest about half of it and blow the other half. Then I'd live off of the interest that 35 million makes and be dumb rich the rest of my life.

#35 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Split it between my family. Older brothers can pay off student loans, parents can pay off any bills, I can bank my amount, and my younger brother would bank his amount.

Giving a 16 year old 70 million dollars? What a silly idea, something tells me I'd blow it off.

#36 Posted by armaan8014 (5404 posts) -
#37 Edited by nrain (1274 posts) -

Go buy some games!

#38 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

Compared to the wealth of billionaires, 70 million is chump change. That said, I'd buy dune buggies.

#39 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Quit school, give some (most) to my parents for necessary crap like bills and stuff, buy many video game related items for myself and put the rest in the bank for later use.

#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Quit school "
feels great to say that amirite? xD
#41 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" Quit school "
feels great to say that amirite? xD "
Kinda.
#42 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

Buy a yatch, oh wait, then I'd be flat broke.

#43 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

Move in to a big house, equip it with it's own movie theatre and hook up my consoles to it. Then I'd revel in the fact that I wouldn't have to care about working for another second and just live til I die.

#44 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

Steampunk Darth Vader
#45 Posted by The_Ish (481 posts) -

I'd buy a harrier. The jet fighter, not the bird.

#46 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

BUY GIANTBOMB.COM

#47 Posted by HatKing (5949 posts) -

Pay off the rest of the 10 month lease to this hell hole apartment and then buy a house and pay it off fully.  I'd use a small part to pay off student loans and pay for the rest of my schooling, another bit would go to pay off my Mom's house.  The rest I'd probably just keep in the bank so I could live comfortably for the rest of my life.  I don't need a ton of really expensive shit to be happy, but I'd probably buy some cool stuff every once in a while.
#48 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

A lot of things I want would probably change in a few years, but I will always want a lot of games, a game development studio, a big  house, and another big house for my parents.

#49 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i would buy a medium sized house. one room will just be full of video game things a couple of computers that are really nice, big screen tv that has 360, ps3,  to play on. it will just be great, i will give some money to my parents and friends.

#50 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" @eroticfishcake said:

All day.

Every day. "

"