lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

Edited By lightwarrior179

Hello friends and foes,

The GDC came and went and it brought along some interesting announcements.

GDC After-thoughts

I would start with what I was referring to in the title of this blog. IGNORANCE.

I am talking about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3. Obviously,everyone saw this coming after Itagaki's departure. And there's a little doubt in my mind that the future NG and DOA games will be multiplatform as well. But that's not my point. What I am saying is that I did expect NGS 2 to include some extra playable characters. And the inclusion of Ayane (scantily-clad,typical Team Ninja) and Momiji (whoa...cute looking  ) came as no surprise. There's also a co-op mode which is a HUGE addition as well,IMO.

But then, I am asking what about those who already own the 360 original? I am not part of that group yet (although I want to play NGII so BAD), but I have seen quite a few sad gamers who are moaning about why they are not getting those "extra" features? In today's world of gaming where we have a little something called Downloadable Content (DLC), I don't see why developers aren't buying into this? When there is a lot of chance to generate revenue through all those DLCs which will be downloaded by those who want the "added features" of Sigma 2 in their NGII game on the 360 as well.

I think the same case applies for some other games which were "ported" a year later to another platform.BioShock on PS3 had "challenge rooms",Eternal Sonata on PS3 had additional content in the form of characters and a few more that come in mind. It could possibly happen to ANY game that gets ported to another console a year or so later. So it still doesn't make sense that when your original game is popular and you're making a revamped port of it on another console,why not make a DLC for the original console as well? 

Anyways,I still hope that Sigma 2 turns out to be a fantastic game so that some of the skeptics of Team Ninja-without-Itagaki can be silenced.  You know me,I admire Team Ninja's games! 

On the other hand, I am VERY excited about the prospect of seeing Max Payne return in his third game. I was expecting it to be announced sooner or later after Rockstar said they were reviving the series last time. Both the Max Payne were some of my favorite games especially Max Payne 2 which IMO even beat The Matrix in "bullet-time" action-sequences. Plus it's comic-book $tyle of narrating it's dark-themed story was amazing! It's being made by Rockstar Vancouver as well,and they're quite a talented bunch of devs.

I think there were few of us who were expecting a Zelda game on Wii to be announced but it's turned out to be a DS game! Anyways, another Zelda game is always welcome! Although Spirit Tracks(where you have the ability to run a train??) sounds like a little strange,but hell nobody is complaining.

Talking about a DS, my interest in this handheld has recently skyrocketed after all the rave reviews,GTA Chinatown Wars is getting. I was quite shocked to see a GTA handheld being innovative. Rockstar surprises us everytime I guess. So,now I am thinking of getting a DS over a PSP (I need one to replace my broken one). PSP seems to be largely having a poor show,IMO other than a few games like Dissidia that I am looking forward to. DS seems to have a better library with countless amazing titles that I would want to play, TWEWY,NG Dragon Sword,Phantom Hourglass,Pokemon Platinum,Hotel Dusk to name a few. Oh well...we'll see.

Modern Warfare 2 got a cool,slick trailer. There has been some silly debate in the forums over why there is no mention of the words "Call of Duty" anywhere in the trailer and whether Infinity Ward and Activision have had some kind of falling out. I say,Call of Duty or not. As long as Infinity Ward is on this,it's going to be great. 

Hideo Kojima gave an interesting interview as well and hinted at a new MGS game (surprise!surprise!). He's a talented chap,IMO. But since I haven't played MGS4 and haven't seen those "stealth mechanic facelifts", my opinion on the "gaming" part of MGS is quite poor. I think Kojima is a genius of a storyteller and could have done wonders in movie industry,but well he has given gaming industry some memorable stories as well...Ahh nevermind!

Other Stuff

I recently bought U2's new album "No Line on the Horizon". Well, I haven't been the biggest U2 fan but I think they've made some impressive albums over the year. This new one doesn't stand amongst their best though. Although it does have some amazing songs like, "Get on your Boots", "Magnificent", "Cedars of Lebanon", but the album otherwise is filled with filler tracks. Skip this one and return back to the good ol' days of the "Joshua Tree",U2.

I also managed to watch Juno on DVD and it was my first time watching this movie. Pretty good movie. I liked the witty dialogue and how the director tries to send the "positive" side of the message of the quite delicate topic of teenage pregnancy. Ellen Page acts amazing though! 

I am planning to watch Watchmen (do I smell a repetition? ) over the next weekend after my finals are over. I think I might go through the graphic novel once more before I do that. Just for the purpose of clarity,y'know. 

Alrighty,that's enough for now I guess.

C ya

Lightwarrior179

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lightwarrior179

Hello friends and foes,

The GDC came and went and it brought along some interesting announcements.

GDC After-thoughts

I would start with what I was referring to in the title of this blog. IGNORANCE.

I am talking about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3. Obviously,everyone saw this coming after Itagaki's departure. And there's a little doubt in my mind that the future NG and DOA games will be multiplatform as well. But that's not my point. What I am saying is that I did expect NGS 2 to include some extra playable characters. And the inclusion of Ayane (scantily-clad,typical Team Ninja) and Momiji (whoa...cute looking  ) came as no surprise. There's also a co-op mode which is a HUGE addition as well,IMO.

But then, I am asking what about those who already own the 360 original? I am not part of that group yet (although I want to play NGII so BAD), but I have seen quite a few sad gamers who are moaning about why they are not getting those "extra" features? In today's world of gaming where we have a little something called Downloadable Content (DLC), I don't see why developers aren't buying into this? When there is a lot of chance to generate revenue through all those DLCs which will be downloaded by those who want the "added features" of Sigma 2 in their NGII game on the 360 as well.

I think the same case applies for some other games which were "ported" a year later to another platform.BioShock on PS3 had "challenge rooms",Eternal Sonata on PS3 had additional content in the form of characters and a few more that come in mind. It could possibly happen to ANY game that gets ported to another console a year or so later. So it still doesn't make sense that when your original game is popular and you're making a revamped port of it on another console,why not make a DLC for the original console as well? 

Anyways,I still hope that Sigma 2 turns out to be a fantastic game so that some of the skeptics of Team Ninja-without-Itagaki can be silenced.  You know me,I admire Team Ninja's games! 

On the other hand, I am VERY excited about the prospect of seeing Max Payne return in his third game. I was expecting it to be announced sooner or later after Rockstar said they were reviving the series last time. Both the Max Payne were some of my favorite games especially Max Payne 2 which IMO even beat The Matrix in "bullet-time" action-sequences. Plus it's comic-book $tyle of narrating it's dark-themed story was amazing! It's being made by Rockstar Vancouver as well,and they're quite a talented bunch of devs.

I think there were few of us who were expecting a Zelda game on Wii to be announced but it's turned out to be a DS game! Anyways, another Zelda game is always welcome! Although Spirit Tracks(where you have the ability to run a train??) sounds like a little strange,but hell nobody is complaining.

Talking about a DS, my interest in this handheld has recently skyrocketed after all the rave reviews,GTA Chinatown Wars is getting. I was quite shocked to see a GTA handheld being innovative. Rockstar surprises us everytime I guess. So,now I am thinking of getting a DS over a PSP (I need one to replace my broken one). PSP seems to be largely having a poor show,IMO other than a few games like Dissidia that I am looking forward to. DS seems to have a better library with countless amazing titles that I would want to play, TWEWY,NG Dragon Sword,Phantom Hourglass,Pokemon Platinum,Hotel Dusk to name a few. Oh well...we'll see.

Modern Warfare 2 got a cool,slick trailer. There has been some silly debate in the forums over why there is no mention of the words "Call of Duty" anywhere in the trailer and whether Infinity Ward and Activision have had some kind of falling out. I say,Call of Duty or not. As long as Infinity Ward is on this,it's going to be great. 

Hideo Kojima gave an interesting interview as well and hinted at a new MGS game (surprise!surprise!). He's a talented chap,IMO. But since I haven't played MGS4 and haven't seen those "stealth mechanic facelifts", my opinion on the "gaming" part of MGS is quite poor. I think Kojima is a genius of a storyteller and could have done wonders in movie industry,but well he has given gaming industry some memorable stories as well...Ahh nevermind!

Other Stuff

I recently bought U2's new album "No Line on the Horizon". Well, I haven't been the biggest U2 fan but I think they've made some impressive albums over the year. This new one doesn't stand amongst their best though. Although it does have some amazing songs like, "Get on your Boots", "Magnificent", "Cedars of Lebanon", but the album otherwise is filled with filler tracks. Skip this one and return back to the good ol' days of the "Joshua Tree",U2.

I also managed to watch Juno on DVD and it was my first time watching this movie. Pretty good movie. I liked the witty dialogue and how the director tries to send the "positive" side of the message of the quite delicate topic of teenage pregnancy. Ellen Page acts amazing though! 

I am planning to watch Watchmen (do I smell a repetition? ) over the next weekend after my finals are over. I think I might go through the graphic novel once more before I do that. Just for the purpose of clarity,y'know. 

Alrighty,that's enough for now I guess.

C ya

Lightwarrior179

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

Forgive my ignorance, but what does this have to do with the problem of ignorance though?

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I saw Watchmen for the first time last weekend, and I LOVED it! I still need to read the graphic novel though... =/

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By DBoy

Max Payne 3 has me very hyped indeed.  Can't wait to see what Rockstar comes up with this time around.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz
DBoy said:
"Max Payne 3 has me very hyped indeed.  Can't wait to see what Rockstar comes up with this time around."
Me too. But I'm trying hard not to fall too into the hype marathon for it, don't want to get my heart broken again like so many times before with games.

Viva la Max Payn 3 though!
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lightwarrior179

@Suicrat-- The ignorance I am talking about here is that of Team Ninja by ignoring the fans of their original NGII game on 360 by not putting up a DLC of "extra content" being introduced in NGS2 as I suggested in the blog.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Suicrat
JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JazzyJeff
Suicrat said:
"That's a misuse of the word 'ignorance', what you described is 'negligence'."
Doesn't that make the OP kind of ignorant?

I love irony. :)
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alex_Murphy
[[ JUNO SPOILER ALERT ]]

lightwarrior179
said:

"I also managed to watch Juno on DVD and it was my first time watching this movie. Pretty good movie. I liked the witty dialog"

You've got to be kidding me, that movie was shit! How could you like that dialog, it seemed like it was writen by a bunch of rejects from the gilmore girls. The girl references Soupy Sales, a radio personality from the 40's. What kind of 16 year old girl knows who Soupy Sales is?? Totally unrealistic and just shows you what level of skill the writers have. And then she gives up her baby to a single mother. She should have just kept the kid and let her parents help raise the kid. That kid is going to have a much harder life being raised in a single parent home, all because Juno wanted to fuck around without a condom and is too irisponsiable and lazy to raise her own kid.
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lightwarrior179

@Suicrat-- Well,well. It turns out that "ignore" means "to neglect something". So basically I am right about this. I agree that negligant would have been the better word, but "ignore" isn't a wrong word by any means in this case.

@JazzyJeff- Yeah,I love ironies too. Especially when it's of something I said about. ;)

@Alex_Murphy-- I think the points you're making are irrelevant considering Juno was a fictional character. She may have heard about Soupy Sales from somewhere. If you can hear about so many media personalities from that era, I am sure she could have come across Soupy Sales. It's just a matter of what kind of sources she's exposed to.
And do you think a 16 year old girl is REALLY mature enough to raise a kid? Do you seriously believe that a  teen girl (and we are talking about any 16-year old girl in general) is capable to raise a child properly? I definitely don't think so.
What Juno did in the movie was ethically proper,rather than aborting the kid or raising it in an unsuitable atmosphere.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Red

Ignorance is annoying?

I have a friend that has something to say about that statement.

True, but obvious.
True, but obvious.

But, dude....get TWEWY.