#1 Posted by Moreau_MD (401 posts) -

So I've just finished reading Hitman's latest tirade about clandestine world orders which was indeed very, um...imaginative. However, amidst all the bullshit there was a rather though provoking, and somewhat terrifying, kernel of truth. Namely,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_(Christian_organization)

This is the first time I've come across 'The Fellowship' and I have to say, in this suposedly enlightened, liberal and democratic age, I find the existence of such an organization somewhat disquieting. Especially given their pan-global political and economic links and the fact that I've only just heard of them now....why such secrecy. Why the adamant rejection of the 'Christian' label despite the fact that they claim to believe in Jesus.

What are your thoughts on this girls and guys of Giantbomb?

#2 Posted by Moreau_MD (401 posts) -

Shameless bump.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Except he's been banned for months and that thread was over a year old.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Moreau_MD said:

So I've just finished reading Hitman's

Oh Christ, even after he's been killed off he's still annoying to hear about 
(The whole "killed" part is wishful thinking)
#5 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Muslims believe in Jesus, so do Jews....

That just sounds like another idiotic sect and I'm not going to read that whole article.

#6 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Vinny_Says said:

Muslims believe in Jesus, so do Jews....

That just sounds like another idiotic sect and I'm not going to read that whole article.

The greater majority of Jews do not believe in Jesus.  There are two factions who do and they are Jews for Jesus and Messianic Jews (both of whom most Jews see as Christian).

Unlike that group in the article those two are not cults.
#7 Posted by dudeglove (8255 posts) -

#8 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
#9 Posted by dudeglove (8255 posts) -

@Ace829:

#10 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

I was just telling a buddy of mine about him not one hour ago. This thread makes me smile. :)

#11 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@dudeglove:

#12 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

You bumped yourself after three minutes of wait?

#13 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I would sit back and read the awesome fights that he and Geno would have in the PC boards. Those were magical times.

#14 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Also.

#15 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

#16 Posted by dudeglove (8255 posts) -

The important thing is that he still lives on in our hearts. And the GB community group on Steam.

@HaltIamReptar:

#17 Posted by MonetaryDread (2170 posts) -

Damn. It's been a while since I have seen Hitman47's mug on these boards.

#18 Posted by thebigJ_A (1002 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: Except The Fellowship isn't an idiotic sect. It's a collection of like-minded far-right Christians (of various, generally evangelical, exclusively Protestant, denominations) in places of influence and political power. It's essentially networking, but for (what a secular, rational person would view as) nefarious goals. It's as close to a real secret society as we've got. Scary stuff, unless theocracy is your cup of tea.

#19 Posted by dudeglove (8255 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

I would sit back and read the awesome fights that he and Geno would have in the PC boards. Those were magical times.

#20 Posted by Moreau_MD (401 posts) -

@thebigJ_A said:

@Vinny_Says: Except The Fellowship isn't an idiotic sect. It's a collection of like-minded far-right Christians (of various, generally evangelical, exclusively Protestant, denominations) in places of influence and political power. It's essentially networking, but for (what a secular, rational person would view as) nefarious goals. It's as close to a real secret society as we've got. Scary stuff, unless theocracy is your cup of tea.

This. My post didn't really have anything to do with a belief Jesus. I myself am actually an atheist. I was just saying it was disconcerting that they refuse the term 'Christian' despite being a Christian organization.

Basically, my main issue with the whole thing is summed up rather neatly by the above quote.

#21 Posted by ninjalegend (460 posts) -

As not having a separation of church and state could lead to things like the Spanish inquisition, Salem witch trials, or modern day things like the declaration of of contraceptives as evil, a stunted scientific curriculum in schools, or bans on stem cell research, of course I find this unsettling. Have your religion. Keep it at home.

#22 Posted by CaLe (4049 posts) -
He got me good
#23 Posted by BigChickenDinner (761 posts) -
#24 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
#25 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

@HS21: Where've you been, man? Excellent way to enter a thread!

#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Seeing these almost makes me wish I'd paid any attention at all to the forums on this site at all the first year or two because I mean damn, (how long was this guy around? I can't believe I've been coming to this site it's whole existence but never noticed any of this stuff going on.) but seeing the facebook stuff in the other thread just made me feel bad because this guy seems to have been/be unstable mentally.

#27 Edited by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -

Man, remember Hitman's weird backhanded comments about homosexuality and how he he said that the main reason Macs still sold was because Apple marketed heavily to gay people.

Crazy.

#28 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I fucking miss that guy. I still can't tell if he was serious or not. It could really go either way. He might be a genius of the highest order.

or maybe I'm looking too into it.

#29 Posted by Ben_H (3427 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:

I fucking miss that guy. I still can't tell if he was serious or not. It could really go either way. He might be a genius of the highest order.

You're looking to far into it. He was serious, and that's terrifying.  That dude was all kinds of insane.
#30 Posted by 71Ranchero (2827 posts) -

@Vonocourt said:

Man, remember Hitman's weird backhanded comments about homosexuality and how he he said that the main reason Macs still sold was because Apple marketed heavily to gay people.

Crazy.

I know, thats just crazy. Gay people are only part of why Apple still sells. The major reason are the jelly-arm hipsters.

#31 Posted by august (3864 posts) -

Isn't The Fellowship a nautically themed gay bar down by the docks?

#32 Posted by dudeglove (8255 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

@Pinworm45 said:

You're looking to far into it. He was serious, and that's terrifying. That dude was all kinds of insane.

He was a goddamn super troll of the internet. GB is lucky to have had him grace the forums.

#33 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

@GreggD said:

He's been biding his time. Waiting. Because he knew that one day, someone would mention Hitman47. And he would be there.

@dudeglove said:

He was a goddamn super troll of the internet. GB is lucky to have had him grace the forums.

GovernmentCheese is still the King., Hitman was too hostile for my tastes.

#34 Posted by Moreau_MD (401 posts) -

Er, guys...as fun as it is to reminisce about Hitman and his various antics...my thread was actually meant to lead to a serious discussion about this rather 'cult-like' Fellowship and what impact it might secretly be having on global politics. Then again, this is the Internet.

Oh well.

#35 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

@GreggD said:

He's been biding his time. Waiting. Because he knew that one day, someone would mention Hitman47. And he would be there.

@dudeglove said:

This is all I live for now.

#36 Posted by 71Ranchero (2827 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

@GreggD said:

@dudeglove said:

His hostility was way too absurd to be taken seriously though. I think GB has become a bit boring in his absence.

#37 Posted by Moreau_MD (401 posts) -

The memory of him has completely derailed my thread...

#38 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Even if I believed in Jesus as the true son of god, etc, I would still refuse to call myself a Christian. I'm sure there are some people who enjoy ICP's music who refuse to call themselves Juggalos for similar reasons.