• 82 results
#1 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

I'm currently deployed in Kuwait and have a download speed of 2 MB/s compared to back homes 3.5 MB/s. Is my current speed faster than yours?

#2 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Nope

#3 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

Nope.

#4 Posted by shermanatorek (114 posts) -

Yes. I have DSL

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

15 down, 5 up.

#6 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Are you trying to make people jealous or something?

#7 Posted by OsvaldoMoreno (63 posts) -

nope

#8 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

nope

#9 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

15 down, 5 up.

MB/s not Mb/s.

#10 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

As for the speedtest people. DO they not kn ow the difference between a megabyte and megabit?

#11 Posted by GioSpy (99 posts) -

Yep. Almost twice as fast download as me.

#12 Posted by warxsnake (2639 posts) -

100down

#13 Edited by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

As for the speedtest people. DO they not kn ow the difference between a megabyte and megabit?

Using the common byte size of 8 bits, 1 Mbit is roughly equal to 125 kilobytes (kB) or approximately 122 kibibytes (KiB).

My score of 25.25 = 3156.25kB, otherwise known as roughly 3MB. No wonder they call you jar heads.

#14 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I get about 3 during downtime.

#15 Posted by benpicko (2001 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

Yes I do know the difference, and mine is faster. And I'm in Canada. So ha.

#16 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

My shit's faster than even the one you have back home...

#17 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

I love how if you knew how many megabits were in 3.5 MB most of these "speedtest people" are still beating you or roughly the same.

#18 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Moved into my new home. I like it a lot. What I don't like is that I sacrificed a lot of speed for a better location. You've got a faster connection than I.

#19 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Wow, I feel ashamed to say i get around 4.5 MB

#20 Edited by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1512254554.png[/IMG]

0.25 MB!

Living on base in Okinawa. I hate Mediatti.

#21 Edited by Bernoulli (155 posts) -
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1512266443.png[/IMG][/URL]

I'm in italy : [

edit: I give up I dont know how to post.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1512266443.png

#22 Posted by Giefcookie (584 posts) -

4Mb/s down, 1.6Mb/s up. 3G love.

#23 Posted by Capum15 (4821 posts) -

4 Mb/s down. So, about 4 KB/s / Half a MB according to some random calculator I googled.

My upload is a lot worse.

I'd love a MB download. I've gotten up to 7K with Steam, though it never lasts long.

#24 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

That's because all the liberal whackjobs driving california into the ground refuse to touch anything Verizon with a 10ft pole. I bet you're the only guy on your line. lol

#25 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@Buzzkill said:

@Doctorchimp said:

That's because all the liberal whackjobs driving california into the ground refuse to touch anything Verizon with a 10ft pole. I bet you're the only guy on your line. lol

Ahh...well I'm not sure where that came from haha. Did California put a stop to Verizon expanding their FiOS service area?

All I know is FiOS isn't available everywhere even in California and most people get stuck with their DSL, which I hear isn't great or they get stuck with another cable company.

But yes....I am the only one on my line. I was the first one to actually request FiOS in my neighborhood so a guy had to come by and hook up the land line 2 blocks down in another alley.

#26 Edited by zaglis (909 posts) -
#27 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Only an American would think 2 Mb/s would be something to brag about. Getting 21.34 Mb/s on wireless right now.

#28 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

13 down 1 up. :(

#29 Posted by guiseppe (2838 posts) -

Nope.

#30 Posted by zaglis (909 posts) -

@oatz:

MB =/= Mb

#31 Posted by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -

I get 40Mb/s down, so whatever that becomes in MB/s. I.E. faster than both of your connections.

#32 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I get around 3.5 and I don't have to go to Kuwait to do it, so I guess I win.

#33 Edited by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -

@zaglis said:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1512865061.png

What was the question?

Also, this might me the only fucking forum where bbcode does not work and I can't seem to figure out how to add viewable pictures

It scares me that 7% of Latvia has faster than that. THAT'S INSANE.

#34 Edited by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Not too shabby for $8 a month. Especially considering I live in quite a rural area.

#35 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

Yes.

#36 Edited by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@Buzzkill said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Ahh...well I'm not sure where that came from haha. Did California put a stop to Verizon expanding their FiOS service area?

All I know is FiOS isn't available everywhere even in California and most people get stuck with their DSL, which I hear isn't great or they get stuck with another cable company.

But yes....I am the only one on my line. I was the first one to actually request FiOS in my neighborhood so a guy had to come by and hook up the land line 2 blocks down in another alley.

I've got my DOCSIS 2 modem and Black Diamond router eagerly awaiting Comcast to hurry the eff up for my area. Scheduled this coming spring.

#37 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
#38 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@zaglis said:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1512865061.png

What was the question?

Also, this might me the only fucking forum where bbcode does not work and I can't seem to figure out how to add viewable pictures

You have to actually save the image to your PC and then upload it to the site under "insert image"

#39 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I love how most of these people are still beating you, hahahaha.

#40 Posted by BoomBlasta (49 posts) -

Wohoo

#41 Posted by _jackbauer (26 posts) -

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

Canada has nothing to be jealous about: not your internet; not your army; not your country; and not your sullied reputation.

#42 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (216 posts) -

Woohoo indeed

#43 Posted by VanillaPlant (145 posts) -

@_jackbauer said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

Canada has nothing to be jealous about: not your internet; not your army; not your country; and not your sullied reputation.

Agree with the everything but the internet. It really is awful and crazy overpriced everywhere except the big cities.

#44 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Consider yourself lucky to have internet. I'll be going to Afghanistan in three weeks and won't have much Internet access. We'll be on a mountain side and will get access to computers once every 2-3 weeks when we go behind the line to take showers and stuff.

#45 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@BoomBlasta: You went to that garage sale Nasa was having didn't you?

#46 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

Consider yourself lucky to have internet. I'll be going to Afghanistan in three weeks and won't have much Internet access. We'll be on a mountain side and will get access to computers once every 2-3 weeks when we go behind the line to take showers and stuff.

Ouch that sucks. With that said I'm glad to be a 25B30. I'm an Information Systems Supervisor in a logistics command unit. If I'm going out side my air conditioned office building, barracks, or dfacs I'm doing something wrong.

#47 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, i have DSL. the upload is also horrible. i think i have like 1.5 and like 200kilobtye upload.

#48 Posted by kahi (114 posts) -

60 down 5 up so no

#49 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@_jackbauer said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

Only the Canadians.

The REAL Jack Bauer doesn't get butthurt.

#50 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1513560542.png[/IMG][/URL]