• 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Jasontong (43 posts) -

I‘m a Chinese guy who is good at Mandarin and 2 Chinese dialects.

Any questions about Chinese are welcome.

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@Jasontong:

Why's your language so fucking hard and so much different from English?

#3 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Huh.

Ask Me Anything about Chinese.

#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

THANK GOD.

#5 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1896 posts) -

What are the different versions of 'ma?' I remember that the word means horse, mother, day (?), and something else depending on the tone used.

Also, why is mophu dofu so delicious?

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Jasontong:

Why's your language so fucking hard and so much different from English?

Because there are shitloads of characters, not all of them correspond to actual words (some are grammar, some are in compounds, etc.), and there's no internal alphabet to help you with all the tonal pronunciation stuffs. But it could be worse; after all, if you know how a character is pronounced, you know how it's pronounced.

#7 Edited by Jasonton (6 posts) -

@Jasontong said:

I‘m a Chinese guy who is good at Mandarin and 2 Chinese dialects.

Any questions about Chinese are welcome.

Like we Chinese say English is so mother-fucking hard.

Long history makes the language, that's it. Come to China or get a Chinese girl in your country if you are ready to put your mind on learning Chinese.

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

#9 Edited by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

How's it going to feel to be the World's Super Power? It's gonna happen if it hasn't already,

editted

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

How do I say I'm a SexyToad?

#11 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

How's it going to feel to be the Nation's Super Power? It's gonna happen if it hasn't already,

Uh... you meant the World's super power, right?

#12 Posted by jmood88 (399 posts) -

Da Fei Ji

#13 Posted by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

Probably, let me get back to you on that once I learn Chinese.

#14 Posted by Jasonton (6 posts) -

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

What are the different versions of 'ma?' I remember that the word means horse, mother, day (?), and something else depending on the tone used.

Also, why is mophu dofu so delicious?

It depends on the tone when you are reading it, it could make a plenty of words of ma.

Mophu dofu is a Szechwan dish and it's pretty easy to make, there are other more delicious dishes than it. It takes a long time to taste Chinese foods.

#15 Posted by Jasonton (6 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

#16 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

Are you a mainland Chinese? What dialects do you know? Do you know two because your parents speak different dialects? If not why do you know two? Did you learn mandarin first or a dialect first? My mandarin's ok but I can't speak Cantonese for nuts.

#17 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Jasonton said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

Well, I'm just going to post this from the GiantBomb Forum Rules thread.

"NO alternate accounts: Giant Bomb has a very strict one person, one account rule. Users caught with alternate accounts may have their posting privileges revoked and all of their accounts disabled."

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@freakin9 said:

How's it going to feel to be the Nation's Super Power? It's gonna happen if it hasn't already,

Uh... you meant the World's super power, right?

No, not really; thinks it's still the 1940s.

#19 Posted by Jasonton (6 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

How's it going to feel to be the World's Super Power? It's gonna happen if it hasn't already,

editted

Maybe it's gonna be, but we didnt find the improvements of our livings. So the calling of the Super Power is just a bullshit.

#20 Posted by jmood88 (399 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

@Jasonton said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

Well, I'm just going to post this from the GiantBomb Forum Rules thread.

"NO alternate accounts: Giant Bomb has a very strict one person, one account rule. Users caught with alternate accounts may have their posting privileges revoked and all of their accounts disabled."

Oh shit, son.
#21 Posted by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

@Jasonton said:

@freakin9 said:

How's it going to feel to be the World's Super Power? It's gonna happen if it hasn't already,

editted

Maybe it's gonna be, but we didnt find the improvements of our livings. So the calling of the Super Power is just a bullshit.

Yes, they are definitely becoming the main Super Power on the backs of it's people, and that's a shame.

#22 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2132 posts) -

@Jasonton said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

After posting about 25 posts or so, then you will be able to post with no limits. Didn't you read the forum rules or how your account works?

#23 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

So, I live in Chicago, but as it turns out, the only decent Chinese food in the city is in Chinatown. You'd think in a city this big, I could find somewhere that isn't way on the south side to get some damn Egg Fu Yung.

So what's the deal? Why aren't there more decent Chinese restaurants in Chicago?

#24 Posted by Jasonton (6 posts) -

@ImHungry said:

Are you a mainland Chinese? What dialects do you know? Do you know two because your parents speak different dialects? If not why do you know two? Did you learn mandarin first or a dialect first? My mandarin's ok but I can't speak Cantonese for nuts.

Yes, im a mainland Chinese. I was born to speak a dialect called "Wangjianghua" and my parents did, I studied "Mandarin" at school and TVs and radios are all speaking Mandarin. I spent 5 years in China Northeast so i know how to speak their dialect "Dongbeihua".

#25 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

Well, I'm just going to post this from the GiantBomb Forum Rules thread.

"NO alternate accounts: Giant Bomb has a very strict one person, one account rule. Users caught with alternate accounts may have their posting privileges revoked and all of their accounts disabled."

Mods are people, so unless they're complete fuckers (which forum mods usually are) then it's no big deal and whatever.

#26 Edited by Jasonton (6 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

Well, I'm just going to post this from the GiantBomb Forum Rules thread.

"NO alternate accounts: Giant Bomb has a very strict one person, one account rule. Users caught with alternate accounts may have their posting privileges revoked and all of their accounts disabled."

@ShiftyMagician said:

@Jasonton said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: ....Alternate account?

The account "jasontong" could only post 5 posts per day. And i have used it up.

After posting about 25 posts or so, then you will be able to post with no limits. Didn't you read the forum rules or how your account works?

As a newbie for limited quantity posts, I dont have any other method if i wanna reply my thread.

@BrockNRolla said:

So, I live in Chicago, but as it turns out, the only decent Chinese food in the city is in Chinatown. You'd think in a city this big, I could find somewhere that isn't way on the south side to get some damn Egg Fu Yung.

So what's the deal? Why aren't there more decent Chinese restaurants in Chicago?

Just tell the government let the Chinese people easy to enter America, that's the only way.

@Cloudenvy said:

@Jasonton: Just don't be surprised if you lose both your accounts.

No, thanks

@SexyToad said:

How do I say I'm a SexyToad?

Sorry i dont know the meaning in English, you should explain it to me, then i can say it in Chinese.

@SmilingPig said:

Is there a lot of video games studios in China or is it all Japan and Corea that makes game in asia?

Mass of studios in China, but their games are just made for the mentally handicapped people, i think.

Most players in China play WOW, LOL, etc.

@salad10203 said:

What do you think about Chen Guangcheng?

I have never heard about this name, i just found he is called asshole from the internet.

#27 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Jasonton: Just don't be surprised if you lose both your accounts.

#28 Edited by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Is there a lot of video games studios in China or is it all Japan and Korea that makes game in asia?

#29 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

What do you think about Chen Guangcheng?

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@SmilingPig said:

Is there a lot of video games studios in China or is it all Japan and Corea that makes game in asia?

What's a Corea?

#31 Edited by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Dude stop being such a narc. The mods don't need you doing their job for them.

#32 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@chrissedoff: I was just telling him the rules, easy now. You know, potentially losing your account might be something you want to know about.

#33 Posted by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

CHING CHONG CHING CHING CHINGY CHONGA CHU.

What does that mean?

#34 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@GnaTSoL said:

CHING CHONG CHING CHING CHINGY CHONGA CHU.

What does that mean?

That means you're racist.

#35 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@GnaTSoL said:

CHING CHONG CHING CHING CHINGY CHONGA CHU.

What does that mean?

That means you're racist.

I didn't know you were so well-versed in Chinese, Sheen!

#36 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@AlexanderSheen said:

@GnaTSoL said:

CHING CHONG CHING CHING CHINGY CHONGA CHU.

What does that mean?

That means you're racist.

I laughed out loud. Thank you, my good sir.
#37 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@GnaTSoL said:

CHING CHONG CHING CHING CHINGY CHONGA CHU.

What does that mean?

That means you're racist.

I didn't know you were so well-versed in Chinese, Sheen!

What can I say, I'm a renaissance man.

#38 Posted by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

Got it thx. Wait til I tell my asian friends. lol

#39 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@GnaTSoL said:

Got it thx. Wait til I tell my asian friends. lol

They already know.

#40 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Wait what do you mean explain it?

#41 Posted by mrfizzy (1555 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Wait what do you mean explain it?

I don't think he understands what the words sexy and toad mean in english. Maybe you need a translation of "sexually appealing large frog species"?

#42 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

@Jasontong: Was does the average Chinese person think about Taiwan?

#43 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Why is the chinesse speak the ching chong language?

#44 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Oh I see now. Thanks mrfizzy: okay let's see it's I'm a SexyToad. Sexy means 性感的. And toad is from Mario. My profile pic. Has a mushroom head and in Chinese (if google translate didn't fail me) is 蟾蜍. What's I'm and a and how do I say the whole thing together

#45 Edited by jasontonge (2 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Oh I see now. Thanks mrfizzy: okay let's see it's I'm a SexyToad. Sexy means 性感的. And toad is from Mario. My profile pic. Has a mushroom head and in Chinese (if google translate didn't fail me) is 蟾蜍. What's I'm and a and how do I say the whole thing together

性感的癞蛤蟆 or 骚蛤蟆

We Chinese regard toad as not a good thing, when we see a not good man wanna get a beautiful girl, we will say "Toad wanna eat swan mean".

#46 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

3 accounts now. Hopefully mods have better things to do.

#47 Edited by jasontonge (2 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Why is the chinesse speak the ching chong language?

I dont know speaking and listening Cantonese, so kindly dont ask me questions like this.

@SexyToad said:

3 accounts now. Hopefully mods have better things to do.

I was ready not to reply any more cuz 5 posts of the "jasonton" were used up. But I saw that you were still asking the question, so i had to sign up a new one to quote you.

@Irvandus said:

@Jasontong: Was does the average Chinese person think about Taiwan?

Can i ask what do you think about Taiwan first?

@everyone

I’m not gonna reply any more, i dont have enough post permission, ill be back tomorrow.

#48 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@SmilingPig said:

Is there a lot of video games studios in China or is it all Japan and Corea that makes game in asia?

What's a Corea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corea

#49 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Are video games usually released in traditional chinese or simplified chinese?

#50 Posted by Drebin_893 (2933 posts) -

@Jasontong: @Jasonton:

Are you encouraged (or forced or coerced or anything) into following a particular occupation?