I'm making one of video games thingies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stutteringbilly
StutteringBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By StutteringBilly

After 7 months of zero sleep and mountains of homework, term 4 (at Vancouver Film School, I'm in the Game Design course) has rolled around and our class is breaking off into groups for our final assignment - make a damn video game.

I'll start with our pre production. From day one we wanted to stick to two rules -
#1 Make a game using the Unity engine
#2 Since we only have 12 weeks to make a game, Lets make a very polished vertical slice of a bigger game.

After 3 weeks of meetings we locked down our game concept -
Four cowboys fight through a town infested by hoards of werewolves, as they try to catch the last train out of town.

We call it "High Moon Express" *authors note* We googled "high moon" and "high moon express" nothing along our game idea game up. Now after months of posting design notes on my personal website with high moon in the name. Some bots starting picking up the name and now the top entry for "High Moon" is a comic by the same published by DC. So while at the moument the game is still called "High Moon Express" we are in the process of changing the name, since we are not to keen on being suied by big old DC comics.

StutteringBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StutteringBilly

After 7 months of zero sleep and mountains of homework, term 4 (at Vancouver Film School, I'm in the Game Design course) has rolled around and our class is breaking off into groups for our final assignment - make a damn video game.

I'll start with our pre production. From day one we wanted to stick to two rules -
#1 Make a game using the Unity engine
#2 Since we only have 12 weeks to make a game, Lets make a very polished vertical slice of a bigger game.

After 3 weeks of meetings we locked down our game concept -
Four cowboys fight through a town infested by hoards of werewolves, as they try to catch the last train out of town.

We call it "High Moon Express" *authors note* We googled "high moon" and "high moon express" nothing along our game idea game up. Now after months of posting design notes on my personal website with high moon in the name. Some bots starting picking up the name and now the top entry for "High Moon" is a comic by the same published by DC. So while at the moument the game is still called "High Moon Express" we are in the process of changing the name, since we are not to keen on being suied by big old DC comics.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

How about High Coon Express or Haiku Express?

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pirate_republic

Finally a first post that doesn't suck. Welcome to GB. Anyways, I'm interesting in seeing more of this project.
EDIT: if you want name suggestions then I'm afraid I'm going to be useless.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By PowerSerj

Try X-Men Express

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

So, is it like a western Left 4 Dead (except werewolves instead of zombies)? Sounds pretty cool.

StutteringBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StutteringBilly

That is exactly what we where going for L4Dead meets, tower defense when in old timey outwest