• 62 results
#1 Edited by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

Hey ya'll. I'm making something stupid on a whim and need a bit of help. Can someone point me in the direction of Jeff in his slick tracksuit? I know there's gotta be a video or picture with him in it somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I'm also on the hunt for iconic wear for Patrick (if nothing else, the hotdog suit) and Vinnie. If anyone's got any suggestions I'm all ears. Maybe this'll come to fruition, maybe not, just crowd sourcing for some quick info -_-;;

*edit*latest update

#2 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

So here's what's sorta going on so you have an idea about why I need them pics -_-;;

Go easy, it's a first pass. I'll do details once I have everyone in place.

No reason. Just for funsies.

#3 Edited by ProfessorEss (7309 posts) -

That's pretty sweet man.

The only iconic Vinny-wear I can think of is a black t-shirt that's a little too small.

Patrick's for me would be that blue shirt with the neon pink zombie-skull, or perhaps a Chicago Bears t-shirt?

Brad obviously is the short-sleeved button up plaid number.

#4 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

I Googled "Jeff Gerstmann Tracksuit" and came up with

No actual tracksuit pictures, but I can't say that I'm disappointed with what I found. Also

I shall continue looking.

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

i know there was a happy hour with conce and some one else in matching jogging suits. it was a while ago.

#6 Posted by Droop (1845 posts) -

There's a lil' bit in this video.

#7 Posted by mrcraggle (1894 posts) -

Do these help at all?

#8 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

@mrcraggle: They're great pics but since I posted, I sorta settled on drawing jeff in his cccp jersey -_-;; I'm still on the lookout for a full body brad and vinnie with appropriate attire. I'm currently looking into those patrick suggestions. thanks for findin em =) Though, I was in particular remembering him in some kinda all white track suit. Maybe I imagined the whole thing

#9 Posted by 71Ranchero (2728 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

@mrcraggle: They're great pics but since I posted, I sorta settled on drawing jeff in his cccp jersey -_-;; I'm still on the lookout for a full body brad and vinnie with appropriate attire. I'm currently looking into those patrick suggestions. thanks for findin em =) Though, I was in particular remembering him in some kinda all white track suit. Maybe I imagined the whole thing

The white track suit is from the first Big Live Live show: Live!

#10 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

I found some ridiculous video of Patrik. I think it's appropriate to use it. Now all I need is vinnie and brad. Then some fine tuning and deets -_-;;

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11942 posts) -

Vinny is black t-shirt showing off his biceps, and jeans, obviously.

#12 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

Black shirt and jeans, check. none of the reference pics I'm using has feet. I dunno what to do -_-;; in the meanwhile, I gotta fix a lotta stuff but I think I've got everyone. Cept for drew?

#13 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Please dear god, put this in a sixteen-bit game, please dear god do this now.

#14 Posted by CornBREDX (5046 posts) -

Ok. That's officially awesome. Are you gonna make a rudimentary SCUMM type P&C or just an awesome 8bit pic? Both or which are equally coo'.

#15 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

A Giantbomb point and click adventure please!
This looks super, but I have a love for pixel graphics anyway.

#16 Posted by mrcraggle (1894 posts) -

How about some HxC Dave?

#17 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (734 posts) -

Brad should just be a disembodied 16-bit head. These are great.

#18 Posted by TheKramer89 (423 posts) -

my favorite part so far is ryan's stomach. spot on.

#19 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

holy crap. Somehow I completely forgot about Brad. Gotta take care of some other stuff but I guess when I get back I'll have to whip him up. If anyone can grab a full body solid ref pic of him for me, that'd be damn super. preferably with the same type of lighting as the others -_-;;

#20 Posted by Zacagawea (1588 posts) -

I give you, the mouth of the south himself, Bradley Shoemaker!

All I could really find at a glance

#21 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

How about Brad in the 2 Human video?  With the giant bomb t shirt over his mouth

#22 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

Maybe this will help if you haven't noticed this already (though I feel like an idiot for what I'm about to say), but I never noticed that Brad is always wearing some type of button-up shirt. I can't believe I've never noticed that.

Obviously, this fact means whenever you create Brad, he needs to be wearing a button-up shirt.

#23 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

Anyone know the height order of these people? I think Ryan is the shortest, then Jeff. I don't know the order of Vinny, Patrick and Brad though. Is Brad a giant of a man? All I know is that he has one hell of a thumb.

#24 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

So, here's where it's at right now. I think I've got the heights and whatnot about right for the most part. I'm prolly gonna start details and cleaning things up later tonight in addition to fleshing out the bg. If anyone sees any glaring errors that I don't, holla so I can fix it -_-;; I swear I think brad is taller, but maybe not.

Wow. jpeg compression is nasty.

#25 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -

Fighting game plz. 

#26 Posted by FengShuiGod (1480 posts) -

This is pretty cool. Are you doing it freehand?

#27 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

@FengShuiGod: well. Sort of. I'm using a stylus. I think I'm not quite understanding what you mean by free hand? -_-;;

Btw, if anyone could find a reference pic of their old green screen setup, that's be fantastic. I just realized the one I'm using is actually a picture of the green screen as seen through a kinect camera then put into a game. So it has weird ass borders that don't exist irl

#28 Posted by r_matey (51 posts) -

This is pretty awesome I like the look a whole lot. We should make a small game :)

#29 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

@r_matey: Already working on a game -_-;; I don't think I'd be able to spare the time for another~

Made a few changes, slight edits and the logo. I'll have to do feet sooner or later =\

#30 Posted by NegativeCero (2988 posts) -

I love Vinny's sprite. He just looks like a bouncer at the door of a club or something.

#31 Posted by r_matey (51 posts) -

Hahah, me too but if you just want to make some sprites I can try to work on the other half.

#32 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

@r_matey: Cool, what kind of game are u working on? And what sort of stuff are you doing on it? I'm pretty much a one man show at the moment. Programming using C# and the XNA framework. There's a bunch of my older vids up on my youtube page if you're interested in checking any of it out. Love to see anything you have to show =)

#33 Posted by r_matey (51 posts) -

@Fobwashed: Hey there, I am mainly using Unity 3D. I work with a studio doing mobile games and web. Currently doing mostly game design and coming from a 3D art background. Currently taking the time to learn more scripting and some visual programming tools. Would love to show you our current games that aren't out, since they are way better than anything I can link you too. Hahah.

For a game with these sprites, the scope is pretty small something that can be done in a game jam amount of effort. Maybe something like NARC side to side shooting shit or maybe an adventure game about a get rich quick scheme with a kick starter project. Maybe we can make this fast enough where that joke might still be funny or maybe we are too late.

#34 Posted by r_matey (51 posts) -

@Fobwashed: Or maybe we can make the Spiritual Successor to Custer's Revenge, with no Native American Woman Harmed.

But I did have an idea before for doing a game like Wario Ware set in a Quick Look motif. So it could jump to the mini games, some kinda meta game with the crew on the couch, and then comments ripped from the videos to how your playing.

There could be a Brad difficulty where its almost impossible to finish a level without dieing.

These could be ramblings of a mad man haha

#35 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

This is fucking great. 
Be honest, you're making a game about Patrick trying to get laid right? 
Leisure Suit Larry style but with Patrick. Vinny is a bouncher at some dance club and Patrick is trying to prove to the Bouncer and the rest of the guys that he should be allowed in to this club for being "rocking" awesome? 

#36 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

Well, for the most part, this is it. May be a few little edits here and there, and maaaaybe some more to the bg (I really wanted to get the luchadoor or coolbaby in) but meh. If I do revisit, I'll fix some of the faces and maybe the proportions -_-;;

We make your favorite goddamn video game content!
#37 Edited by NickL (2246 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

Anyone know the height order of these people? I think Ryan is the shortest, then Jeff. I don't know the order of Vinny, Patrick and Brad though. Is Brad a giant of a man? All I know is that he has one hell of a thumb.

Jeff is a self-proclaimed tall motherfucker. I don't remember exactly what but he has said his height several times, 6 foot something.

If you look at the rival video game pic on the first page, it is clearly jeff > vinny > ryan. Would need to find another pic for brad and patricks relative height though (patricks doesnt really matter since he is on his knees).

#38 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

@NickL: damn. Looks like I'll have to fix the heights at least -_-;; Thanks for the heads up

#39 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

@NickL: damn. Looks like I'll have to fix the heights at least -_-;; Thanks for the heads up

Its looking super awesome so far.

Good work duder

#40 Posted by Zacagawea (1588 posts) -

I can't find any images but this video shows off the greenscreen area pretty well

#41 Posted by BisonHero (6403 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

I found some ridiculous video of Patrik. I think it's appropriate to use it. Now all I need is vinnie and brad. Then some fine tuning and deets -_-;;

There is literally no better pic of Patrick. You win. That video is excellent.

#42 Posted by Nick (659 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

Well, for the most part, this is it. May be a few little edits here and there, and maaaaybe some more to the bg (I really wanted to get the luchadoor or coolbaby in) but meh. If I do revisit, I'll fix some of the faces and maybe the proportions -_-;;

We make your favorite goddamn video game content!

This is awesome!

#43 Posted by Patman99 (1573 posts) -

@Fobwashed: Well done, this is pretty damn cool.

Poor Drew, always the bridesmaid, never the bride....

#44 Posted by Robster (69 posts) -

This is all sorts of awesome, I'm inspired, you've inspired me... damnit I have things to do....

#45 Posted by Fattony12000 (7269 posts) -

Dat Scoops.

#46 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

Made some quick edits to make Jeff taller for now. Looking at it with fresh eyes, there's still a bunch of shit I want to fix and I'll prolly work up the bg some more as well.

#47 Posted by theodacourt (524 posts) -

The only thing I can suggest is that Patrick's hair isn't the right colour. It matches the video but with a green screen then it would be quite a light brown. Maybe put hardcore Dave in there, because he programmed time travel?

#48 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I hope this plays into your game. Because it's awesome.

#49 Posted by Fobwashed (1965 posts) -

@theodacourt: good call on the hair color.

@nintendoeats: nope, just for funsies. Started going a bit stir crazy figuring out how to set up second floors -_-;;

#50 Posted by Coafi (1483 posts) -

Dude, this is fucking awesome! Nice work, maybe in the future add other GB duders, like Dave and Drew.