I'm tempted to do it but it doesn't feel right.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheGodPoet

A few days ago I found a site that'll let me download PC games for free. Pirating is wrong I know but when it lets you download games like Fallout 3 or Prince of Persia or Call of Duty..and for free too. It tempts me. Should I pirate some of these games knowing I won't care in a few days or do the right thing and have someone else do it ? The site is below. It has old games and new games. Sims and GTA IV. A nice selection.

This other site will let you download movies and Psp games for free also. It also has DS games and other stuff.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheGodPoet

A few days ago I found a site that'll let me download PC games for free. Pirating is wrong I know but when it lets you download games like Fallout 3 or Prince of Persia or Call of Duty..and for free too. It tempts me. Should I pirate some of these games knowing I won't care in a few days or do the right thing and have someone else do it ? The site is below. It has old games and new games. Sims and GTA IV. A nice selection.

This other site will let you download movies and Psp games for free also. It also has DS games and other stuff.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah...talking about illegal stuff here is kind of frowned upon.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Dalai

Pirating is wrong... your words, not mine.

Aren't there demos you can try for those games?

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGodPoet
Dalai said:
"Pirating is wrong... your words, not mine.

Aren't there demos you can try for those games?"
I've played Fallout 3 and am currently playing Call of Duty WAW on my PS3 just wanted to try out the PC experience. Only reason I brought this up was because I want to play PoP but my nearby Blockbuster has run out of copies and I wasted a good amount of money with WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Rowr

awww.

The thread title had so much potential.

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Moon

PIRACY IS ILLEGAL BUT ITS NOT IMMORAL. I say go ahead if you want to risk a .01% chance of getting caught.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGodPoet
Rowr said:
"awww.

The thread title had so much potential."
I thought of that too. My next thread will include with it sex, drugs, and violence.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By azteris
Moon said:
"PIRACY IS ILLEGAL BUT ITS NOT IMMORAL. I say go ahead if you want to risk a .01% chance of getting caught."
According to you.
HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HelixSnake

This is stupid. Don't depend on other people to tell you what's right or wrong; only you can decide what's right or wrong. It is in fact illegal without question, though.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By tekmojo
Like I have never ever downloaded a song/game/movie illegally, honest! I am too pure for that.....yea right, if you haven't then you were born yesterday, or you should be in a monestary. 
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By whackmypinata
Moon said:
"PIRACY IS ILLEGAL BUT ITS NOT IMMORAL. I say go ahead if you want to risk a .01% chance of getting caught."
There is a small percentage of getting caught, however, that does not lower the immortality of pirating.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rowr

Are you the sort of person to not steal because its wrong?

or from fear you will be caught?

kajankua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By kajankua

you gon' get banned

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teh_Eel

Don't pirate the games, its wrong and causes great harm to pc gaming, giving companies the excuse of placing shit like DRM on to there games which only harms the paying customers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've pirated game before, but I tend to buy them now a day's.
Think of it this way, what would happen if everybody began to pirate games, what would we have?

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Moon
Piracy doesnt hurt pc gaming maybe commercial pc gaming but thats it I know a ton of games that are free. I wish people wouldnt even make commercial games for pc it just ruins it for people like me who play commercial games on 360 and search for freeware on the pc.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RetroIce4

Arghh I'm a pirate!

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teh_Eel
Moon said:
"Piracy doesnt hurt pc gaming maybe commercial pc gaming but thats it I know a ton of games that are free. I wish people wouldnt even make commercial games for pc it just ruins it for people like me who play commercial games on 360 and search for freeware on the pc."
I am really confused on what you are trying to say? Are you actually suggesting that "commerical" games on the pc are harming there counter parts on the 360, because frankly that is a stupid thought, as this might shock you but many people buy pc games because they believe that pc games are better than 360 games., as the pc has better graphics and has a better controll scheme, the mouse and keyboard.
Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Moon
Teh_Eel said:
"Moon said:
"Piracy doesnt hurt pc gaming maybe commercial pc gaming but thats it I know a ton of games that are free. I wish people wouldnt even make commercial games for pc it just ruins it for people like me who play commercial games on 360 and search for freeware on the pc."
I am really confused on what you are trying to say? Are you actually suggesting that "commerical" games on the pc are harming there counter parts on the 360, because frankly that is a stupid thought, as this might shock you but many people buy pc games because they believe that pc games are better than 360 games., as the pc has better graphics and has a better controll scheme, the mouse and keyboard."
I was responding to the person saying "we wouldnt have any games if everyone pirated" I was making a point saying there are plenty of free games, and Id prefer no one pay a cent for software.
Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teh_Eel
Moon said:
"Teh_Eel said:
"Moon said:
I am really confused on what you are trying to say? Are you actually suggesting that "commerical" games on the pc are harming there counter parts on the 360, because frankly that is a stupid thought, as this might shock you but many people buy pc games because they believe that pc games are better than 360 games., as the pc has better graphics and has a better controll scheme, the mouse and keyboard."
I was responding to the person saying "we wouldnt have any games if everyone pirated" I was making a point saying there are plenty of free games, and Id prefer no one pay a cent for software."
But if software is free on the pc all there will be is flash games which is not good. For instance the RTS genre would die out because RTS's suck on console, also though console fps's have improved much over the years there still not up to the standard of pc fps's as however much people try a console controller will never be as good as a mouse and keyboard.
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Dude

If you feel morally conflicted about it, you should probably just not do it.

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Moon
Teh_Eel said:
"Moon said:
"Teh_Eel said:
"Moon said:
I was responding to the person saying "we wouldnt have any games if everyone pirated" I was making a point saying there are plenty of free games, and Id prefer no one pay a cent for software."
But if software is free on the pc all there will be is flash games which is not good. For instance the RTS genre would die out because RTS's suck on console, also though console fps's have improved much over the years there still not up to the standard of pc fps's as however much people try a console controller will never be as good as a mouse and keyboard."
http://icculus.org/alienarena/rpa/media.html Totally free
http://assault.cubers.net/media/ Also free
endless-online.com amazing mmo and free.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teh_Eel

Moon:  There are good free games on the web however they will never be as polished or long as a commerical game. Free games and mods are a part of pc gaming but they should never take the place of proper (you know what I mean) games.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Rowr said:
"awww.

The thread title had so much potential."
That's what I thought when I clicked in here. Once again, the internet has failed me.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Piracy is bad. It's also a form of communism, which is another reason why you shouldn't do it.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Hamz

Please read the Forum FAQ before posting......

"No explicit discussions about sex, illegal drugs or other illegal activities such as downloading warez or illegal music or movies.  This includes discussion about cracks or other means to bypass copy protection."
Discussion about pirating software, providing links to pirated material or generally giving some information on how to get it is not allowed here and we will not tolerate people posting such content. OP check your inbox.

Locked.