#1 Edited by Aegon (5661 posts) -

So wikipedia is down. People are going kind of crazy. I came across this after doing some googling about something to do with music I think. Then I checked twitter..yeah, lots of unhappies. I'm making up words, but regardless. The verge has an article about it, but the info is not that useful. ETA for the fix is unknown. Does this mean anything to you?

Note: Don't you dare make fun of the spelling mistake in the title! Don't rub it in.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

Clearly we need another visit from the panel of experts, but replace will smith with Vinny or something.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9975 posts) -

"In a world without Wikipedia, it would be necessary to invent Him."

#4 Edited by Aegon (5661 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Clearly we need another visit from the panel of experts, but replace will smith with Vinny or something.

Oh shit!

The time has cometh!

Those dudes act fast.

#5 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I can live without Wikipedia for a few hours, but a world without Google would be a nightmare.

#6 Posted by face15 (1302 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Will Smith is irreplaceable.

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6479 posts) -

I would love for Wikipedia to go down slightly more often, if only because the mass freakouts are so, so funny.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@face15 said:

@Animasta said:

shut up will smith.

#9 Edited by Aegon (5661 posts) -

@face15 said:

@Animasta said:

He's an expert on everything that doesn't include phlebotomy and felatilology.

#10 Posted by BlackLagoon (1447 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Dave was just saying they should do another one on the premium radio show, and I think Jeff just said they needed to wait for Wikipedia to go down. Guess someone took matters into their own hands.

#11 Edited by Demoskinos (14886 posts) -

Edit: Pages are loading for me but shit is fucked up for sure....

#12 Posted by logicfracture (158 posts) -
#13 Posted by Milkman (16851 posts) -

Am I the only one who hated that Wikipedia video? I thought it was pretty painfully unfunny most of the time.

#14 Edited by Aegon (5661 posts) -

@logicfracture said:

Doesn't look down to me.

That was quick for saying they don't have an ETA only an hour ago. I wonder what I wanted to find on Wiki before this all happened.

#15 Posted by ModernAlkemie (364 posts) -

Oh No! Our collective brain is down! Humanity is now stupid!

#16 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

Nothing would happen if Wikipedia did go down because chances are there's at least one person who downloaded it.

#17 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

There's usually backups or y'know, books. Even if we did lose all that information we can always start afresh with wakapedia. The future of the internet!

lol widipedia, sorry couldn't resist.

#18 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

Not only is it not down, today's featured article is Halo 2

Your move Giant Bomb.

#19 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Giant Bomb, we need you!

#20 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

Nothing would happen if Wikipedia did go down because chances are there's at least one person who downloaded it.

Awesome. If they put out regular updates, I'd probably download it myself. No images though...

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Wikipedia? You mean the Show Me State?