ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

I made this.

Not only am I excited for this film, but also, I did this to try and practice working on stuff I normally wouldn't be good at doing, inorder to improve. In this case, shadows. 

I hardly do any real shading, I just take a color, and use the fill tool, since I don't feel like drawing everything in with the brush. I only decided to find some ways to add some shadow after seeing that no matter what good full body shots of the aliens I could find, I couldn't get all of the details, or figure out the ones that might've been obscured or whatever. So yeah, you can tell I just used the fill tool when adding the color, but for the parts of the body that I couldn't get, I just made a line that divided which parts were shaded and which were colored. I didn't think of adding the black background until I could think of some good scenery to place it. So yeah, this set up was unintentional, but I stuck with it because of how well it blended in. 

So, I took the idea behind the viral marketing signs of the alien illustration with a red circle and a slash over it and this time drew the actual alien, or half of it in this case, and used one of the lines from the trailers. 

Anyway, I'm excited for District 9, and also, I hope you liked this piece I made. If you have any ideas of tips that you could share so I can improve even further, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

I made this.

Not only am I excited for this film, but also, I did this to try and practice working on stuff I normally wouldn't be good at doing, inorder to improve. In this case, shadows. 

I hardly do any real shading, I just take a color, and use the fill tool, since I don't feel like drawing everything in with the brush. I only decided to find some ways to add some shadow after seeing that no matter what good full body shots of the aliens I could find, I couldn't get all of the details, or figure out the ones that might've been obscured or whatever. So yeah, you can tell I just used the fill tool when adding the color, but for the parts of the body that I couldn't get, I just made a line that divided which parts were shaded and which were colored. I didn't think of adding the black background until I could think of some good scenery to place it. So yeah, this set up was unintentional, but I stuck with it because of how well it blended in. 

So, I took the idea behind the viral marketing signs of the alien illustration with a red circle and a slash over it and this time drew the actual alien, or half of it in this case, and used one of the lines from the trailers. 

Anyway, I'm excited for District 9, and also, I hope you liked this piece I made. If you have any ideas of tips that you could share so I can improve even further, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By teh_destroyer

I am also interested in seeing this movie. The only thing that worries me is all the actors in it are from the movie Doomsday.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

I'm looking forward to this a really good amount too. You should do a no humans sign as well :P I believe I saw it in one of the trailers.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

I am really anticipating this movie.  I can't wait until I see it when I go down to Miami in a little over a week.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArcBorealis
@pause422:
I might just do one more. Thanks for the idea.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

Neat sign.  Also starting to look forward to the movie, I'm a fan of Peter Jackson and if he sees something in Niel Blomkamp(sorry if I got that wrong) then I'm willing to give him a chance.
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Druminator

I can't wait to see it either. Looks alright.

n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By n00d13z

I can't wait till i see this movie! And im on the Alien side, Fuck us humans.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

I'm interested in this movie, the buzz seems good. I like your work... good stuff.