LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I haven't posted a blog here forever.

Oh well.

So I've been playing a shit load of Prototype, and I'm not sure if I'm the first one to find all the Web of Intrigue nodes on Giant Bomb (although that appears to be the case) but I am glad to finally put that behind me. I spent way too much time tracking all those down, but the back story had me by the friggin' hooks. The game's main story line is pretty sub par, but the Web is just something else.

I think it's the deliver method, the actual collecting could use a lot of work as most of it seems to be completely randomized with no real way of working towards non-military targets, but being able to collect a story is a really interesting concept I would like to see explored more. It gives people like me a chance to dig as deep as one possible can while others who just want to play the game can ignore it completely. I believe inFamous has a mechanism similar to this in some respect, and I would like to investigate it as well eventually.

For anyone out there still playing through the main missions, I really have to recommend exploring the Web past the mandatory targets. You really aren't going to understand a lot of what is going on without it.

Also, always make sure to check the nodes you are currently looking for. If one of them has a military title, infiltrate a base and you are guaranteed a hit unless they are tied to the main story.

Ah, but the game is only entering the second half. Now I will take it upon myself to transfer this vast net of knowledge onto the internet so those less inclined to wasting their lives in front of a television can know the full story of the Blacklight Virus.

And I'm out.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I haven't posted a blog here forever.

Oh well.

So I've been playing a shit load of Prototype, and I'm not sure if I'm the first one to find all the Web of Intrigue nodes on Giant Bomb (although that appears to be the case) but I am glad to finally put that behind me. I spent way too much time tracking all those down, but the back story had me by the friggin' hooks. The game's main story line is pretty sub par, but the Web is just something else.

I think it's the deliver method, the actual collecting could use a lot of work as most of it seems to be completely randomized with no real way of working towards non-military targets, but being able to collect a story is a really interesting concept I would like to see explored more. It gives people like me a chance to dig as deep as one possible can while others who just want to play the game can ignore it completely. I believe inFamous has a mechanism similar to this in some respect, and I would like to investigate it as well eventually.

For anyone out there still playing through the main missions, I really have to recommend exploring the Web past the mandatory targets. You really aren't going to understand a lot of what is going on without it.

Also, always make sure to check the nodes you are currently looking for. If one of them has a military title, infiltrate a base and you are guaranteed a hit unless they are tied to the main story.

Ah, but the game is only entering the second half. Now I will take it upon myself to transfer this vast net of knowledge onto the internet so those less inclined to wasting their lives in front of a television can know the full story of the Blacklight Virus.

And I'm out.